OK, here's my official "I can't f^%#& stand U-Play" thread - the FC4 version

Started by Dweller_Benthos, November 29, 2014, 12:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 04, 2014, 08:31:38 AM
... Uplay stores the info in folder with number assigned to each game. FC4 is 420, go figure...

Probably because FC4 wishes it was as good as FC2.0

Good job, D_B +1 for the general instructions that might help another PC gamer.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

My head has swelled with kudo-goodness lol.

But yeah, after reading some forums on how people were having issues exactly like mine and that the Uplay tehcnos were "considering" adding a backup feature, it wasn't really all that hard to do. Some of the instructions I found online for other Uplay games needed registry changes, updating a little bit, then deleting folders, etc, so I'm glad this was actually pretty easy, once I had all the files I needed in one place.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

fragger

Still, you've earned the kudos D_B. Most people would have said "stuff it" and given up - people like me.

+1 :-X

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

After paying $60 for it, I wasn't about to let it get the better of me.
D_B

Art Blade

OWGKID

http://imgur.com/YqbBeXa

Had some fun with the "Inspect Elements" function in Chrome and the Uplay Wikipedia page :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  >:D >:D :-() :-()

LEGACY

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Oh man, that's too funny. Seems I'm not the only one to hate on Upay lol
D_B

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

fragger

Nice find GKID7891 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :-X

"The more you pay, the more free goods you will be able to have".

???? ::)  Gee... thanks...

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 17, 2015, 03:03:30 AM
yep, nice one, also the "U pay" is great :-D
:laugh: :-X

I Imagine Ubi is getting a really good laugh at the expense of gamers!

OWGKID

http://imgur.com/ZKH0Tbl

"Fixed" Wikipedia's Ubisoft article  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :-() :-() :-() :-() :-()

Used the SAME METHOD as used on my last picture (Paint and Inspect Element)
LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

there isn't a topic for it and not worth creating one so I just add this here:

This evening I finished downloading a 600MB update.. happy download, guys. I was thinking about those of you who have a crappy connection. Maybe a good idea for you to brace for impact..

PZ

Stiku

FC4 had a small update yesterday that was around 600mb. (PC version)

patchnotes are where they always are, in the FC4 forums

And here's a more tasteful Ubisoft mock

OWGKID

LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, that should be the new top level of fail. There is no fail greater than a Ubi Fail.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳