ACU: Bugs And Glitches

Started by PZ, November 12, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on November 18, 2014, 03:07:52 PM
OK.. I can tell by the grammar "choices" that <redacted> is not a native speaker indeed. What I don't get is why they are asking me WHICH LANGUAGE I WOULD PREFER -- I should reply in Spanish and tell them que me gustaría hablar con alguién que sabe como se trata a clientes que les escriben en inglés. >:((

You should DEFINITELY do that! I'm looking forward already to their stumbling in their next reply :-() :-() :-()

Quote from: Art Blade on November 18, 2014, 03:07:52 PM
Now I'll have to update the ticket again and tell them that I wish to communicate in English, please.  ???

"Pretty please, with sugar on top" ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:-()

Here's my reply and ticket update:

QuoteThank you for your reply.

I wish to communicate in English, please. Please forward this ticket to the corresponding support team.
Just by the way, I did not voluntarily "select" Germany but my provider is located there and I just so happen to live there, too, which explains my German IP which is likely to have caused some confusion. Thank you again.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Soon you're going to have a proper relationship with these people  8-X

Art Blade

It is going to be more fun than you can shake a stick at  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

Why wont you just communicate in German language?

I would actually communicate in Finnish if I had the option, but it would be more of an cursing catalog than a report of my problem  :-\\

Art Blade

first of all I wanted to contact the source which is not German. Secondly, it is a lot easier to copy paste the reply here than having to translate all the stuff. And, "because I can."  :-D

Art Blade

LOL, I found this on the ACU forums for the PC -- oh and "blade" isn't me but the guy who gave me the idea to play offline.

QuoteFunny that blade can only play in offline mode aswell. I'm having the same issue on ps4. After the game crashed, can only play in offline mode, or it crashes again. Even funnier because Ubisoft supprt tried to tell me that it was a playstation/sony issue.

PZ

I'd better be careful else the same thing happen to me!

Art Blade

at least you know which topic to post in, then  :-()

PZ

Binnatics

Quote from: Stiku on November 18, 2014, 04:03:27 PM
I would actually communicate in Finnish if I had the option, but it would be more of an cursing catalog than a report of my problem  :-\\

:laugh: That would certainly happen to me if I had to start bashing around with a Dutch customer support for these kind of issues...
"En als je nou niet GODVERDOMME zorgt dat dat POKKE-spel 't gaat doen, DAN WEET IK JE TE VINDEN!!!!!!" :-D 8-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Art Blade

Today I got a new mail from UBI support. Germany.
??? :'( :D

Quote<redacted> @ Ubisoft Support    2014-11-19 17:04 GMT
Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Wir bedauern, dass Sie derartige Schwierigkeiten mit Assassin's Creed: Unity erhalten.

Bedauerlicherweise haben wir keinen Zugriff auf die Cloud-Server, deshalb sind wir nicht in der Lage Ihre Spielstände zu reparieren oder wieder zu herstellen. Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Cloud-Speicherungssynchronisierung keine Datensicherung ist!

Wir würden Ihnen empfehlen, dass Sie die folgende Schritte durchgehen:

1. Erstellen Sie einen neuen Ordern auf Ihren Desktop und nennen Sie es "ACU720" .

2. Bitte kopieren Sie den Inhalt von den bestehenden 720 Ordner in den neuen "ACU720" Ordner.
Sie können den "Savegame" Ordner unter C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Nummer]\720

3. Starten Sie Uplay im Offline Modus.

4. Starten Sie das Spiel, sodass ein neuer Savegame erstellt wird.

5. Schließen Sie das Spiel.

6. Nehmen Sie den Inhalten von "ACU720" und kopieren Sie diesen in den folgenden Pfad: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Nummer]\720

7. Starten Sie Uplay nun erneut, jedoch in den Online Modus und starten Sie das Spiel.

8. Nun werden Sie aufgefordert einen Spielstand auszuwählen. Wählen Sie den Cloud Save. Nun sollten Ihre Spielstände erfolgreich laden.

Falls Sie weitere Fragen haben sollten, stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis!

??? ??? ???

Didn't they ask me WHICH LANGUAGE I'D PREFER??? And, DIDN'T I TELL THEM?

Besides, what they wrote is nonsense. It tells me to make a backup and to create an offline savegame which will differ from the one in their cloud (the corrupted one) and then go online with cloud sync so I'd be presented with "your local file differs from the cloud file, please choose which one to use" and then I'm supposed to choose "cloud" and guess what.. it doesn't w@&k. It's exactly what I did when I first happened upon the problem. Also, I told them that they changed the subject. It is not so much about a corrupted savegame (I don't see a message "corrupted") but the fact that I can't LOAD the savegame without crashing the program. I told them that.

OK, time for round 3 :-()

Art Blade

I just replied.

QuoteThank you for your reply.

In your previous reply YOU asked me WHICH LANGUAGE I would prefer and OBVIOUSLY it is not German but ENGLISH!
In your previous reply YOU suggested that you would FORWARD IT TO A NATIVE SPEAKER -- which you did, a German native speaker. I thought that you would by now have come to the conclusion that it is WASTED EFFORT AND TIME on your side as well as mine because WE DON'T SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE!

Now I kindly ask you to forward this to your SUPERIOR and let's see whether or not my request will be forwarded to UBI support US or where ever it is closes to those people who are working on a solution.

I have to point out that you seem to have misunderstood my original problem and then changed the subject according to your understanding. I never saw a message telling me my savegame was corrupt. It was a logical deduction because when I loaded my savegame, the game froze. It turned out that ACU.EXE had STOPPED WORKING every time I tried to LOAD a savegame. Apparently it is NOT the savegame itself because IT WORKS when going OFFLINE. The moment I try to synchronise it with the cloud, I get the same problem as before: the game crashes while loading the savegame. So I reckon that it is not so much the savegame but SOMETHING WITH U-PLAY.

I very much hope that you now understand the problem.

As to the QUESTION you want me to ask: HOW CAN I GET A WORKING ONLINE GAME THAT SAVES CORRECTLY AND LOADS CORRECTLY?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Art Blade.

Binnatics

QuoteYou might as well tell them that you're Dutch. Tell them that you live near the border, and that you bought German internet since it's cheaper (or something). I can give you the quote in Dutch if you want :-D

I think you will have more fun when you make fun of them, than to let them pretend to take you serious ;)

The quote is my message that I wrote before you posted your reply. I think due to not being in the middle of the Ubi s#!t I can still see the fun in this. I hope you can, too. And since you still have a SP campaign going on that works fine I think you do indeed ;)
Just keep it coming 8)

Art Blade

yep, I am relaxed.  :)

Oh, I'm not going to lie  :)

I think that my man on the German support team who is responsible for that ticket will start to show up red on their lists of solved and not solved tickets. If he's halfway clever, which doesn't appear to be the case so far, he will follow my suggestion to show this to his superior. Or, make the decision all by himself, forward it to a corresponding English support team. It would be an easy solution for him, "done" by just forwarding it away from his responsibility.

fragger

Bloody hell, what an ongoing schemozzle :D

If I ever need to write to Ubi for support I'm going to ask for an Australian language speaker, just to mess with their heads >:D

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

I really wonder what will happen next.

Maybe they'll just close the ticket. :-D

PZ

Likely they'll send you someone else's saved game just so you can play  :angel:

Art Blade

hehe, I really don't think so. In the recent mail they even said that they didn't have access to the cloud and they said I had to consider that the cloud saves were NOT a backup. WTF?! What ELSE is it, then?

fragger

Art Blade

For some reason, the pic reminds me of their..
[smg id=7387 type=preview align=center caption="Customer Support"]

Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳