ACU: Bugs And Glitches

Started by PZ, November 12, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Good luck, fingers crossed ;D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Cheers mate :) I've played online coop so far without crashes. Just a few minor glitches but hey, that's acceptable for me. Nothing game-breaking or mission-breaking. The saves w@&k, the load w@&k, progress works.. hell, I've been kind of rained down on with rewards and whatnot  :-D
But it feels strange now, like, I don't quite trust that peace yet ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:-D

It's like anything that's been repaired by people you don't know - you wonder for a while if the fix will hold and keep expecting it to break again. Trust will only come over time :-()

Art Blade

I guess so :-D

What PZ experienced on the PS4 does not necessarily apply to the PC. My game feels good, actually a bit more fluid when moving around, only the parry seems to be a bit unreliable when fighting multiple enemies but that might just as well have been like that even without the patch. I'm very content with the patch so far. :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

OK, I closed my ticket with support. Haven't heard anything from them anyways and the patch solved my issues. :-X

Binnatics

Good to know that you can finally fully enjoy the potential of the game.  :)

It only costed them 15 days after all to fix the main issues, so that isn't all that bad ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Glad t is working for you, AB  :-X

Looks like your patch was over a gb smaller than the one for the PS4!  ????  All that time and trouble downloading it and it did nothing for me that I can detect.

Art Blade

yesterday during coop, there was one first-time frame rate drop down to perhaps 1 frame every 2 or 3 seconds and it wouldn't recover.. had to alt-f4 out of the game.  >:(

PZ

Although I do not know for sure, I seem to be experiencing a frame rate drop since the last mega-patch

Art Blade

that's strange because it was supposed to fix performance issues.

PZ

Indeed - same thing happened in FC2 for me - each patch made it slightly worse

Art Blade

QuotePatch 4 Release Notes [UPDATED]

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best experience for our players, we will be releasing Patch 4 for Assassin's Creed Unity today. This patch is mainly focused on alleviating performance issues and improving the overall experience.

Part of the team's effort to enhance frame rate for players involves replacing and updating portions of the Paris city map where we are seeing issues. This explains the large size of this title update (6.7 GB). However, since a large portion of the patch replaces existing files the net increase to the game's overall size will be less than 6.7 GB.

Patch 4 delivers a variety fixes including:

• Performance & Stability: Frame rate drops, game crashes, lost progression

• Gameplay: Navigation, lock picking chests

• Online: Connectivity, matchmaking, companion app

This Patch is rolling out to Xbox One and PS4 players today and will be available later in the week on PC. You can find the full patch notes here.

Update 16/12, 5:15pm PST:

We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch. This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isn't causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassin's Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.

We will continue to update this blog post as we learn more.

Thank you for your support and continued feedback. Your contributions have been key to the development of our patches.

-The Live Update Team
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

QuotePatch 4 release date: December 16th
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One
PC coming later this week.
Size: 6.7 GB

Stability, Performance and Save Game

Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
    Implemented multiple optimizations and fixes to improve overall performance
    Fixed save issue caused by the companion app on the main menu (loss of data)
    Fixed save issue caused by contacts list (crash occurring). Users should now have access to save

Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)

Fixed various navigation issues
    Fixed issues with lock picking chests
    Fixed additional haystack issues

Character, AI and Crowd

Fixed various character, crowd station and NPC issues

Online, Matchmaking, Connectivity and Replication

Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
    Fixed various issues with voice chat
    Fixed join-in-progress issues
    Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
    Fixed issues with player rank and COOP/heist rewards
    Fixed issues with Helix credits
    Fixed issues with the My Club feature

Menus and HUD

Fixed HUD icon issues and issues with map information
    Fixed various Initiates issues
    Fixed additional issues with notifications

Mission tweaks (campaign, coop and side content)

Fixed various low occurrence walkthrough breaks in both Campaign and COOP
    Fixed various NPC issues
    Fixed issue with the quest log disappearing for specific side missions

World and 3D

Fixed various collision and mesh issues
    Fixed additional issues where player would fall through the world
    Fixed specific areas where textures were missing

PC-Specific

Fixed crash on "Quit to Windows" in free roam mode
    Fixed crash on accepting multiple "Join the club" requests
    Fixed issues with TXAA
    Fixed issues with PCSS
    Fixed issues with textures on NPCs
    Fixed black texture issues on MSAA-4x, MSAA-8x and TXAA
    Right Control now can be assigned as a hotkey
    Minor UI fixes
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/975386-Patch-4-Release-Notes

PZ

Now this is starting to piss me off. The key operative in the announcement is the word "fixed".  They are not adding anything new, no real added value to the game other than items repaired that never should have been released to begin with.  Virtually all of their "patches" are larger in size than the entire game was in the past.  Sure, game size is directly related to the graphics, but this is absurd.

To add icing to the stupidity - they cannot even program the patch correctly - REALLY? the patch is as big as the entire game for xbox users?

This is just further (and absolute) evidence that they rushed the game to market for Christmas, and they knew all the time that their product is an alpha version being released to the public.

If they had advertised the fact that this was an alpha, I never would have purchased to begin with, but they don't care.  They would rather get my money NOW even though they know it will piss me off.  I still would have eventually purchased the game so they would still have received my hard earned cash, but they are so f$%king greedy, they needed it NOW.  In fact, had I known it was an alpha, with full knowledge that it might require gigabytes worth of patches, I STILL might have purchased it.

The bottom line is that they are dishonest, and I'll not purchase another game from them again until it is proven that the game is in it's final stage rather than alpha or beta.  The consequence is that I might never purchase one of their games depending on the reports of game play.

In the end, at least from this single gamers perspective, they will lose money in the long run.

fragger

This goes from the sublime to the ridiculous ??? So, now what? They have to do a repair job to fix the repair job?

"This is obviously not the expected behavior".

Gee, you think?

Art Blade

just a few words on the support ticket which I closed after the patch had solved my problems:

I asked them to forward it to an English support team and never heard from them again. 10 days after the patch, I received an email from an "English coach" (meaning, I was still with the German support) and his English wasn't impressive (quite a few errors) and on top, 10 days AFTER closing the ticket.

I will not try to contact support again.

Binnatics

Heheh,

All this reminds me of the first Street Fighter game: "Uh-s#!t... oooh yoU-s#!t!" ^-^

Spoiler
Funny, that's what I made of it, through the cheap soundcard of the first generation nintendo consoles. It is actually written as "Hadoken, Shoryuken" which means "wave" (referring Ryu's fireball attack) and "Rising dragon punch" (referring to Ryu's jumping uppercut)

Stiku

for ACU also:
Patch 5 release date: February 18th
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4 (PC coming February 19th)

Stability & performance:
Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop

Save game & Progression
Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
Fixed the 'Find Leon' objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2

Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication:
Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
Fixed issues with the My Club feature

Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth):
Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
Fixed minor navigation issues

Menus and HUD:
Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
Fixed additional issues with notifications

World & 3D:
Fixed some minor FX and texture issues

PC-Specific:
Performance improvements
Fixed various Uplay Actions & Achievement issues
Minor UI and rendering fixes
Fixed flickering on NVIDIA SLI PC configurations

Source : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1013224-Patch-5-Release-Notes-Updated

Art Blade

thank you for the info, Stiku :)

The patch actually fixed several bugs for me:

- I had collected all 100 cockades but it didn't unlock a colour scheme reward (for clothes). Now OK
- I couldn't purchase ANY weapon after patch4 nor access club competition prize weapons. Now OK
- The club members list showed only the name of the player who looked it up (like, I saw 30+ times my own name or if you looked at it from your PC, you'd see 30+ times your name). Now OK
- game used to randomly freeze for up to 15 seconds with sometimes only minutes between freezes, now it seems to be fixed (hasn't occurred since patch5)

Stiku

So they actually got something right for a change, now just lets wait and see what the long term effects are.  >:D

Art Blade

Binnatics

Heavy tremors and depression maybe? :-()

Art Blade

PZ

AB, would you purchase this game again?  If so, what would you pay for it now?

I've been considering the PC version, but have been reading continuing stories of lots of bugs.

Art Blade

just because I said I wouldn't give UBI any money anymore due to their fucking bug collection called game when released, I wouldn't buy it again. However, from your point of view, go get it and spend as much as you think it's worth. It still is an amazing game and the most brutal bugs have been fixed.

PZ

Thanks - I was wanting to get bargain basement prices.  It is currently $30.  I did like the PS4 version because the graphics were so good, and the game play reasonable.  However, I remember that I had very few bugs, and none of them real deal breakers - I was more concerned about the PC version, and if they got it fixed.

I think I'll just be satisfied with GTAV and ArmA3 right now.  Even FC4 is not cheap enough - was $29 last time I checked.

Tags:
🡱 🡳