Downloading AC:Unity now

Started by Art Blade, November 10, 2014, 12:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

and more importantly, I have been sitting on that 37GB pack for what now, 24 hours or so? WHY DIDN'T IT UNPACK IN THE MEANTIME?! >:((
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

How ridiculous - because they require you to be logged in to the system, they easily could have allowed you to install the game yesterday, and then release the activation code today.

Stiku

Usually the execution files are crypted, so you cant launch it before the encryption, but geez crypting the whole game is just wasteful use of CPU cycles.

Art Blade

yep, when I tried to play, I got the error message that the game was still encrypted.

funny thing, I had been logged in all the time and then couldn't start it after the official release. I had the glorious idea to quit and restart steam and was instantly rewarded by a steam update that took a few minutes and then I could "play" ACU. Only to see the message popping up as depicted above.  :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

I miss the times that you only had 1 check, and that was to check that the game cd was inserted.  :'(

Art Blade

Hehe yes..

or only ONE game overlay like steam. Now there is steam AND uplay..

oh, not to mention U-Play update 1.5MB, (thanks to Stiku) I checked that before and already did that update

PZ

Quote from: Stiku on November 12, 2014, 03:40:16 PM
I miss the times that you only had 1 check, and that was to check that the game cd was inserted.  :'(

:-X

Games these days have more patches than Tom Joad's overalls in The Grapes of Wrath

Art Blade

:laugh:

at least those patches kept things from falling apart.

Art Blade

OK, Uplay activation done, starting the game :)

PZ

Art Blade

fragger

Just caught up with this topic.

Me try to DL this with my old ISP? I wouldn't have had enough life expectancy left to cover it.

However the life expectancy of those working at the local branch of said ISP would have found themselves suddenly lacking any >:D

Art Blade

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳