SSD drama

Started by Binnatics, November 08, 2014, 02:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Binnatics

And another one from my end, Stiku! +1 :-X
I am still happy with the solution you suggested to get rid of my buzzing problem and voice-chat-hickups, too :)
        I was having problems with my voice breaking up during chat sessions through stem, and Art suggested I'd ask Stiku for help. He helped me solve the case by grounding my PC (to the radiator-network) to get rid of static interference :)

I did what you suggested, although, I think I did it right. I did it wrong at first, and then read about the connection thing. I manually disconnected the device and I uninstalled all Epson programs and drivers, plus the drivers windows installed that made the device appear as a simple scanner. Then I removed what was still visible in the list of hardware, and thus thought I had removed everything that could interfere with the new installation. I did not enter the registry folders to check there, thought that uninstalling and removing the basic stuff was enough. And I must confess, the registry is something a bit out of my league.
This time I kept the printer unplugged until the driver installation program asked me to connect it. I did, and I saw windows in the background install the same lame scanner-driver even before the installation program could communicate with the printer :D
After all, I'm so glad that the simple Ethernet cable was a good solution, because I was really down on my knees and looked up to the next search as a mountain. Maybe it was the registry after all, maybe the usb drivers. I'm just glad it's over ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳