State of Decay

Started by Dweller_Benthos, November 04, 2014, 09:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Tch tch you two :-()

"State of Decay" seems to pretty much sum up most of the gaming scene at the moment ::)

Art Blade

at least those games that ain't broken when you get 'em. 8-X :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

Make sure to level up your friends, especially the female ones, amirite? LOL

But yeah, you generally don't have to w@&k much to keep the friends alive, unless you bring them out on missions, they stay pretty much secure. There may be a side mission where one gets in trouble, but so far I've ignored those and they come out OK. The fact that I had two die on me was a fluke and me not watching the map and seeing a horde so close.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on November 20, 2014, 07:44:58 AM
Make sure to level up your friends, especially the female ones, amirite? LOL

Sorry for the vulgar joke D_B, It's my own sick mind I know :angel:
I just sort of imagined that line about levelling up girlfriends in a completely different situation; any different situation. That would be fun :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

I thought it was funny, Binn, no probs. I hadn't thought of how I had said that, which makes me wonder if my dirty mind is losing it's edge, lol.

But, I started over with the new save again, not wanting to go back to the first one with 5 or 6 people now dead, so I'm being more careful this save to not get into situations that I can't get out of. Plus I'm doing the side missions more as they are where you get more reputation and experience and it gives you more credit with friends you have or toward making friends with the others that aren't at that level yet.
D_B

Art Blade

so, losing touch with the dirty part of your mind, are you? tsk tsk tsk.. :-D

About doing side missions that help level up your friends, that makes sense to me. Good idea doing that first and then staying out of those really messed-up situations, also a sound strategy  :-D

I enjoy reading about your adventures and sidesteps, D_B :-() Keep it up :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Didn't have much time to play anything over the weekend, so only did a few zombie hunts and talked with the military guys. Which brings the point, there is one character you can play who has military background, and when that mission comes up, the hint is to send someone with military experience. My question is, what if you don't? Since the one character you have ends up knowing the army guy you meet because they served together, things go smoothly and you just leave. But what if you sent one of the other people, do the army guys start shooting? The game saves automatically every few minutes, so there's no way to save a game, then do something stupid, and then go back and try again.
D_B

PZ

I don't like the auto-save thing that you see in just about all games these days.  Too much like the consoles.

Art Blade

play safely, save manually (an incremental backup every 10 minutes or some such..)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there is no manual save unfortunately, and since most games are written for consoles, then ported to PC, we just have to deal with it. Makes experimenting with risky tactics a bit more... risky lol.
D_B

Art Blade

tell me about it <looking at Assassin's Creed Unity> without backups, my then 45 hours game progress would have been lost completely.

Dweller_Benthos

The "Putting all your eggs in one basket" save format paradigm. Ugh.

Yeah, thought I lost my main guy last night, doing one of those carpentry missions where you board the windows up to survive a zombie swarm assault. One of the huge bloater zombies comes by in those missions and hits the whole building to break all the barricades at once. The  NPC guy who was helping goes outside and takes on the bloater and gets in trouble, so I go out after him. The last time I tangled with one of these guys he tore me in half, so I was standing off a bit taking pot shots at him, when he rushed me and picked me up, I thought I was done for, but he just tossed me against the wall for some damage. I wonder if in those missions, the bloaters can't kill you, just hurt you? But without a save to fall back on, I'm not going to try it.
D_B

Art Blade

I see.. it kind of deprives you of your child instincts to play around with stuff until you either find out that it went well or that it bloody didn't. Well.. it's probably the scary part of the game they want to emphasise and not so much the exploration part.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on November 26, 2014, 12:36:22 PM
I see.. it kind of deprives you of your child instincts to play around with stuff until you either find out that it went well or that it bloody didn't.

That's it, exactly. Autosaving kills any incentive to experiment.

Tags:
🡱 🡳