Game play video

Started by PZ, October 31, 2014, 07:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Quote from: PZ on October 31, 2014, 06:36:14 PM
hmmm... maybe FC4 is a ramped up DLC for FC3.  That way, not much w@&k for Ubi, and they call it a new game.

Or worst...  ??? You see, FC2 is completely different from the original FC and FC3 is even more distant from the original and bears little resemblance with FC2. Now it seems like Ubi is trying to get the right formula, the correct recipe for a franchise and they might have found it, or what they think the majority of CoD, idiotic "action" addicted, 12 y.o. fan boys want after watching their Saturday morning cartoons with a bowl of a sugar bomb cereal.

I was hoping for something different... maybe good, maybe not, but different from FC3.  :-(

Let's pray we don't have to watch our all time favorite game be turned into a zombie!  :-\\
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on November 07, 2014, 05:30:51 PM
...or what they think the majority of CoD, idiotic "action" addicted, 12 y.o. fan boys want after watching their Saturday morning cartoons with a bowl of a sugar bomb cereal.

I think you hit the nail on the head - that explains the drug induced haze and lame boss missions in FC3  :D

fragger

Yeah, I hated all that stuff :angry-new: The ending to FC3 was pretty lame also. Lousy choice you got... In FC2, whichever choice of ending you pursued still entailed some action and an interesting finale, as opposed to either sailing into the sunset with your dopey friends or having gratuitous sex followed by a stabbing.

Cor blimey... ::)

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on November 07, 2014, 05:30:51 PMafter watching their Saturday morning cartoons with a bowl of a sugar bomb cereal.

:laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Guys, guys......   let us be grateful, since FC1 there has been NO ZOMBIES where you needed all the cheats ever written, being killed a zillion times and a hell of a lot of luck just to be able to survive from one auto save to the next    :D   :-D

Stiku

Quote from: nexor on November 12, 2014, 12:08:22 AM
Guys, guys......   let us be grateful, since FC1 there has been NO ZOMBIES where you needed all the cheats ever written, being killed a zillion times and a hell of a lot of luck just to be able to survive from one auto save to the next    :D   :-D

Why does everyone hate FC1, I actually loved that game, and did not have problems with the mutants in that game.  Only thing that caused problems to me was the crashing of that game, which ruined many of my marathons.

fragger

I didn't hate FC1, in fact I quite enjoyed it. I wasn't crazy about the mutants, but overall I thought it was a very good game.

I never could get through that final mission though, the one in the big crater. At least I think that was the final mission. I don't know because I could never get through it :-()

JRD

fragger, just like you, I never had big issues with mutants. I prefer fighting mercenaries when it comes to a Far Cry game though but I really had a great time playing FC1.  8)

I remember being stunned by the graphics at the time and the whole tropical-paradise-with blood scenario.  >:D

The last mission is the one at the crater indeed. I had the worst time of my gaming life trying to pass that level. It was excruciatingly hard to finish all blood thirsty monsters available  at the game (on steroids) at once while they were on a killing frenzy trying to rip the flesh off my bones. Pure madness. They took the concept of "Hurt me plenty" to another level  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

The only way I managed to finish that level, after almost a week trying it everyday for hours, was to find a small crack on a rock, near the entrance door where I could lay down and be out of sight of all range mutants and wait for the big, massive, mutants to come to me. I would then empty a whole clip of the heaviest machine gun I could carry with me into their foreheads and drop one by one untill those were finished. After that I switched to a range weapon and started picking those small, fast and invisible mutants from afar. With those two classes of mutants finished everything else was normal fighting - fire and dodge, get cover, medikit - rinse and repeat.

You then get to a room where you kill the main enemy and a cutscene starts showing game credits.

Art Blade

I liked FC1 a lot - up to the point when the mutant stuff started. I was at the time horrified (that s#!t was a lot better than any recent zombie games) and annoyed. Usually I restarted the game for another half playthrough until the mutants became a bit too much for my taste. However, I did finish the game one, I remember the crater madness but I used some cheats (which was weird, you basically had to write a script, the first time I came in contact with LUA) and therefore was able to deal with that stuff but I still didn't like mutants much. The first part of the game is just fantastic. I remember the pause screen with that camera flying around that beach and jungle bit.. and I loved to shoot birds of paradise out of the sky. POP! And a blood cloud and feathers.. lovely.  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I never tried FC1, but from the sound of it, I wouldn't like it too much - can't get in to zombie games although I've tried at least a couple of times (never finished one), and that boss thing at the end sounds awful.

Stiku

Never had problems that I couldnt overcome in the game, I actually had to turn up the difficulty in this game to get a challenge, mostly because im a accurate and fast shooter(I go thru more ammo than Arnold in T2).

These were the fast jumping ones that ran around, easy to kill.
Spoiler

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The green rock or something in the chest, were the hard ones to kill.
Spoiler

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

The green rock monster ability to resist bullets reminds me of JRDs FC2 mercs  8-X

Art Blade

Binnatics

I've never played FC1 but these monsters remind me of Halflife
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

Nice screencaps Stiku!  :-X

For a 10 y.o, game you can tell how the graphics were good back then!  8)

Quote from: PZ on November 12, 2014, 02:23:13 PM
The green rock monster ability to resist bullets reminds me of JRDs FC2 mercs  8-X
^-^ true... but mercs were'nt bullet proof as in Africa.

nexor

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed FC 1, I also didn't have a problem with some of the Zombies, but killing zombies on steroids is another matter, that's why it took me a while before buying FC 2  ???

fragger

I ummed and ahhed over it too, thinking "the mercs were cool to fight with in FC but I didn't like those monsters". In the end I thought what the heck and was more pleasantly surprised than I ever expected to be :-X Just a few minutes in and I knew I'd found something special.

Tags:
🡱 🡳