WWII comes to Assassin's Creed!

Started by PZ, October 30, 2014, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

lol "s#!t magnet"  :-()

Someone who works at Steam, someone with a long memory and a penchant for carrying grudges, must have been here and read some of my posts over the years :-\\

Maybe I should send them a cake :-D

Art Blade

:-()

A cake? Like one of those that you should never, never shake, toss, slam down, bounce, stab, poke, drop, hell not even move too quickly if you consider the one mile radius surrounding environmental's integrity and your life valuable?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Over here it's ZAR 525.00

Just checked Steam
Assassins Creed Unity 59.99 USD
Gold 89.99 USD
Season Pass 29.99 USD

JRD

At the current exchange ration USD$1,00 = BRL$2,50 we have

Assassins Creed Unity 51,99 USD (BRL 129,99)
Gold 59,99 USD (149,99 BRL)
Season pass 15,99 USD (39,99 BRL)

Not too bad  :shocked
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

get gold, includes season pass. good price, JRD
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

My thoughts exactly.

But I am sticking to my original plan of buying Black Flag first, when holiday season sales begins, and then get Unity after a while. With a little luck I can get the version with most bugs fixed and with a lower price after all the hype wears off.  ;)

Art Blade

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on November 14, 2014, 01:59:03 AM
A cake? Like one of those that you should never, never shake, toss, slam down, bounce, stab, poke, drop, hell not even move too quickly if you consider the one mile radius surrounding environmental's integrity and your life valuable?

That's the one - a yellow cake :-()

(Sorry, Steam guy, I'm only joking... I do like your site, honest...)

fragger

Finally got on to them, prices w@&k out here as:

AC Unity: $91.37AUS
ACU Gold: $125.60

So not as bad as I thought it might be. I can get it a bit cheaper thru a local gaming retail chain, EB Games, for $89.95 (plain version). They also had a "Notre Dame" edition which comes with the game, a figurine, a display box for the figurine, an artbook, a game soundtrack and two lithographs for $139.95, and a "Bastille Edition" which comes with the artbook, soundtrack and liths in a fancy steel case for $109.95.

I won't be buying the game though as I wasn't as keen on AC as you guys, plus I can't afford to splurge on too many games right now and I do want to pick up FC4 - for better or worse. It'll probably be a mistake, but I'd rather invest in just one game that I end up not liking much instead of two :-()

Art Blade

if you're quick about it, steam has a special offer for FC4 right now.

fragger

Thanks mate. I saw that actually, but I prefer to get a physical copy from my retail outlet. It will cost me a few dollars more but I like having the physical game. Plus I'm a member of their loyalty program so I get a bit of a discount, all up it amounts to only about $5 extra than from Steam. That's just pedantic me, I like to buy a tangible product :-()

Art Blade

I gave up on that concept regarding games, but for a different reason: mainly because only steam can quickly and easily provide a) English versions and b) non-censored versions (thanks to my foreign friends who purchase them for me)

fragger

I see. If I were in your position then, I would certainly do the same.

Binnatics

I checked some prices at a website selling regular retail versions of Assassins Creed Unity, CoD Advanced Warfare and FarCry4 and found out that all games do a good €60,- as an introduction price, without extras. A season pass or 'limited edition' does another 30 euros in general. All retailers, equally as steam, have their so called pre-order bonuses or special offers, lowering the price with 10% to 20% but my conclusion is that the price of a vanilla game has been raised to €60,- instead of the usual €50,-. Put to that the already common phenomena of season passes and DLC's which usually add another €30,- to the price of a full edition, and I come to the conclusion that games have been excessively raised in prices.

That will make me even more picky in which games I will buy in pre-order or introduction price. I don't want another disappointment like for example Rage.  >:(
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

I had so many unread topics on my list I simply clicked the "mark all as read" button and this one was almost left behind. Let me give my two cents worth of thoughts here:

Binn.... since 2008, world economy is experiencing different levels of crisis. Some countries are deep into it, some aren't. Europe (notably Spain and France) have unemployment levels never seen since the post WWII era. USA is cutting down jobs, BRICS are still struggling to step forward..... and the gaming industry keeps showing an ascending sales curve.  ???

Yet, 10 years ago a budget to develop a game was in the US$10 million range. I read somewhere that games like Assassin's Creed can get up to US$200 millions since it takes several years to complete a game like Unity (as Art said, 7 years for this game and if you watch the credits rolling you will see how many people are involved and in how many countries). Now that sort of figures are only possible, as a feasible business, if the income surpasses production and marketing costs, which it does... by far.

A summertime Hollywood blockbuster is around that!  ???

People have no jobs and cannot afford high living standards or travelling or expensive commodities... but they can afford a new game every now and then to keep them happy. You may not take your wife on a trip to Barcelona or California with nice dinner and wine, but you will not give up your weekend gaming with your mates or kids, You may not have enough to buy that new car or big a$$ flat screen TV anymore but you will be able to get a brand new MMORPG and still have fun. Your house mortgage is keep you awake? Since you cannot sleep anyway, fire your PS4 and play some games. It keeps the industry running (as well as the coins)

Developers, especially big corporations, see an "opportunity" there and either raise their prices or introduce a coward sales strategy - which is exactly the Season Pass and paid DLCs.

If you think about it you will start seeing the gaming industrie's ugly face... and it's laughing at us. Seriously, 60 EUR for a game? Even 60USD. Games are more expensive than ever and they keep charging us for any crap they want to toss in and call DLC, which, by the way, used to be free.

Take Unity and the sheer ammount of complains they had for an unfinished game... yet, sales were on the roof with pre-orders and pre-downloads. People will buy Unity like they buy fresh baked bread during the upcoming Xmas sales. And as soon as the next DLC for that game comes out, people will buy it too, even if it's just a phony new outfit or sword or a 30mins mission.

I know the urge to play a new game when it hits. I too have pre ordered and pre loaded a game to be able to play it on release while all my friends are talking about it but more than once I felt I was made a fool. As a rule of thumb lately, I am oly buying games that are, at least, one year old. Knowing that big companies like Ubi, EA etc release a new title of a franchise every year, the game released last Xmas is sure to hit the dicount shelf this Xmas and with amazing graphics and nearly latest gameplay. The fun I'm having with Black Flag while I read about Unity shows me I took the right decision when I chose not to buy Unity or FC4.

I'm not judging you guys (Art and PZ) who bought it on release, as I said, I already did that before and I know how it feels to play the latest game out there... I'm just saying... when I check the price of Unity and compare it to Black Flag and then read about all the issues you guys and so many other went through. Hell, it pisses me off even more... we've been fooled again. I almost got FC4 given all the hype I was seeing for this game. Had I given up to the urge, I'd have paid around BR$300, which is big cash here in Brazil, for two games I can probably buy for 1/3 of it by the end of 2015 - if I still feel like getting them. Instead, I spent US$20 on Black Flag, with all DLCs and the Season Pass, and am having a great time. I still have all other AC games to play plus Remember Me (which I also bought on sales for about 20 bucks) and Tomb Raider (which I didn't finish but will pick it back up eventually)

My point is (yes, I do have one): if we pay for the games and DLC and Season passes.... then we are part of the industry. The end part, which should be the most important part and far more demanding in terms of quality and commitment from the the companies end. Only we are not. Of course there are far too many 13 year old with their daddies credit cards in the equation but a fair share of the consumers are adult 30+y.o.gamers like us and we account for our spenses and are responsible people living on a budget as well. This brand new game by Xmas vicious strategy is killing us... and w elove it.  :D

Binnatics

Well said JRD. It is true. I also decided to stop buying the new tittles, I've had enough misses with high priced new games in the recent past. I remember Rage, which was a farce, and Crysis 2, which I haven't even completed (my first playthrough).
I will only buy FC4 when it hits a price of let's say 25 to 30 % of what people pay for it now. I don't want to be fooled again. I still make exceptions though. Like GTA V. I will have to get that game from day one. But for the rest, I watch my wallet.  ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

:-X

I have no complaints about Rockstar - they did a fantastic job with GTAV.  Why can't the others be as good?  :-\\

Art Blade

you seem to ignore that Rockstar released GTAV September 17, 2013, for consoles only and still haven't released the game for PC (which is estimated January 27, 2015) but when they do, they'll give bonuses for console gamers only if they buy it again.

PZ

True, but at least they did not release it prematurely  :-()

Binnatics

Yep! Quality sells. Rockstar doesn't do any 'tricks' like Christmas releases, spamming millions of gameplay footage pre-release and still offer a lot of 'free' stuff after the first sales. The DLC's they released for GTA IV were entire new tittles, in the same world that is but who cares? A good open world deserves more than just one story. And from the start you paid proper DLC prices.

I must confess I hate them at times for making the PC gamers wait so long, but I'm patient.  :angel:

Art Blade

PZ, I agree.  :)

Binnatics, I'm so patient about that game to be released that I'm already starting to bleed through my eyes. :-()

JRD

Rockstart truly is a company that cares for it's customers and delivers quality games and DLC for a fair price. If it is taking too long it's because they are debugging the game and making a proper PC port instead of rushing it through production to release an unfinished game by Xmas every year like Ubi does.

fragger

Id say you're probably right about that, JRD. Rockstar's attitude to its customers seems utterly different to Ubisoft's.

JRD

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.  :angel:

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on December 11, 2014, 02:20:44 PM
Binnatics, I'm so patient about that game to be released that I'm already starting to bleed through my eyes. :-()

:laugh: :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳