Batman: Arkham Origins

Started by Binnatics, September 19, 2014, 08:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

alright, I survived after numerous tries a 2nd time and indeed got a better score :)

2,795 points more.  ??? :D :-[ :laugh:

OK, new goals: survive more often and screw the score for now. :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 15, 2014, 04:57:44 PM
OK, new goals: survive more often and screw the score for now. :-()

Survival is good!  :-X

Art Blade

objectives accomplished, I keep surviving more often, at least around 50% of that 100:1 challenge while I screwed up the score but meanwhile I started to survive and my score has been getting higher, too.

Now I've finally just got my victory (3 gold medals for a 200k score) :)
[smg id=7256 type=preview align=center caption="challenges 008"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Congratulations Art! Welcome to the club :-D

I just completed my first "Campaign Challenge". 3 challenges in a row, fighting and predator types mixed, which you have to complete in one go. To make it even harder, you have to pick some disadvantage-adds, like max-time or an invisibility-cap that hops from enemy to enemy. Quite challenging, but there's 9 medals at stake in every challenge :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

thank you  ;D

yes, I've noticed them :) One of the handicaps you mentioned I suppose is more likely invincibility rather than invisibility -- you can't hit them but you can see them -- which is what I tried before in a custom challenge.

I'm currently doing some of the DLC combat challenges, one is called Seishinteki Kyoyo ( 精神的 教養 ) and I was intrigued what it was, Seishin-teki kyo'yo' literally means "mental culture" and refers to the spiritual education in ninjutsu. The DLCs contain a few of those Japanese maps and I like them, including the ninjas. Difficult to handle, they contain sword attacks of various types and thrown knives and other martial arts stuff. :)

Art Blade

I might add that in the challenge Seishinteki Kyoyo you have to survive two rounds rather than three or four. The second round starts "normally" but eventually you'll have Shiva, that weird woman we know from a side quest, fight against you along with other ninjas. Shiva does pack quite a punch and she's got a health bar on the top of the screen, so it is a boss fight. I haven't survived that yet  :-()

Art Blade

Now I survived it  :-D

Anyway, I did some more training against those 100 opponents.. and I got better results. For the first time I got past 200x (combo multiplier) and therefore a good score. Even managed to pull off a takedown while taking a screenshot (or was it the other way round?)  :-()
[smg id=7258 type=preview align=center caption="challenges 009"]

Binnatics

Nice!! Looking good :)

It was indeed invincibility, forgot the 'n' :-D
I am cursious for these DLC maps. Too bad they are DLC. Not willing to spend anymore on the game.

Shiva is quite impressing a character. In Arkham city you'll get to know her better, there's even a glance of a romance. The graphics are really far better there, than in this game.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I only got those DLC because they were on offer in form of a season pass for 5€. Not going to get any more batman or related superheroes games. The beat-up challenges in AO are OK though :)

Stiku

Quote from: Art Blade on October 19, 2014, 03:12:21 PM
I only got those DLC because they were on offer in form of a season pass for 5€. Not going to get any more batman or related superheroes games. The beat-up challenges in AO are OK though :)
You're not getting any, but you aren't alone on this planet.  >:D

Quote from: Binnatics on October 19, 2014, 02:25:41 PM
Nice!! Looking good :)

It was indeed invincibility, forgot the 'n' :-D
I am cursious for these DLC maps. Too bad they are DLC. Not willing to spend anymore on the game.

Shiva is quite impressing a character. In Arkham city you'll get to know her better, there's even a glance of a romance. The graphics are really far better there, than in this game.

Talia is the daughter of Ras al ghul, Talia was in Arkham City, Lady Shiva is an assassin and part of the League of Assassins, these two are not related nor are they the same character.

Binnatics

Oh, thanx for the correction, I messed up the two characters. Talia was indeed the girl I was referring to. But she was definitely better looking ^-^

fragger

Well done Art :-X

For one who was reluctant to put on the Batsuit, you seem to be doing pretty well with it :-()

Art Blade

thanks :) I still don't like it. But those challenges about beating up bad guys and girls are just fun.

fragger

OK, you can be Temporary Man :-()

Art Blade

Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳