Destiny

Started by Binnatics, September 09, 2014, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Anyone interested in the Game Destiny? The most expensive game ever? Costed half a billion dollars to make the game :o

I heard it's developed by the creators of the Halo series and the publisher of Call of Duty so it's most definitely a solid game. The match between tight realistic warfare and the crazy sci-fi environments of Halo makes me interested, and I also heard that it's a massive, containing a variety of worlds in a universe where humans first have expanded their living grounds to later being conquered and even threatened to extermination by an alien force. Quite an interesting story, plus that the game seems to be pure online, with what I believe to be one entire playground with thousands of people joining together in the fight??? Sounds massive.
So far only available on PS4 (and PS3) and will probably not be released for PC at all. Still I'm curious how other gamers look up (or down) to this title and who knows experience this massive online play themselves? Let me know!

Official Destiny Live Action Trailer – Become Legend [UK]

I would definitely give it a go if I had a PS4 ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

yep, seen that trailer recently, looks impressive
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I feel like AB - the video is not available in my country

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Watched couple of mins on YT of the gameplay, looks more linear than main waterpipe running under any city.  :D
Graphics are nice and detailed, also for once someone has been able to actually make a game look HD and not blurry using the DOF.

This is what Bungie is usually known for, creating visually and sometimes storywise good games, but Activision makes me ill, as far as I found, game has costed 350 000 000 € vs GTA 5 (PS3/360) 265 000 000€ (pending cost of the PC version still) is staggering. Also Activision has announced that it has broken the record of most preorders sold, but they also said that about all Call of duty games(only US market, Activision has a problem knowing that there is land beyond the borders of US).

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on September 09, 2014, 10:05:47 PM
I feel like AB - the video is not available in my country
???

a reciprocal exchange -- this time the video is available in my country, both vids even :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

You give a more realistic point of view there, Stiku! I am indeed curious how linear the gameplay'd be, and I guess the only record that really means something in this case is the enormous sail in the first week GTA V scored. That's worth more than the amount of money pumped into the development. Wonder if Destiny can beat that ;)

But still, interesting... 8)

Stiku

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 10, 2014, 05:21:19 AM
a reciprocal exchange -- this time the video is available in my country, both vids even :laugh:

:laugh:

Thanks Binn, video works great.  Stiku's game play video was also good - I always like to see real game play

Art Blade

mandru

Pretty frantic eh?  Or was it just the player in those Beta clips throwing caution to the wind and charging in faster than his skill level can accommodate.  ????

I don't know if there are more spawns to clear areas if you take more time or if there's a set number of enemies that you can take out like jack straws.

One of the video sites that I've been viewing subtitled Japanese series from has been pounding this game during every commercial break for a while now.  Destiny has caught my interest but it appears that so far it is a PS3/PS4 exclusive but there's no way I'm going to rush out and buy a console gaming rig anytime soon.

Digging around on some of the game maker's official youtube vids they said that to reach the higher levels of game play (even to access single player storyline content) cooperative play is mandatory and that rather ices me straight out of pursuing this title any further.  Too bad if it does ever have a PC release.

The rush, jump and spatially shifting through an obstacle/giant enemy while "laying down fire or placing explosives" move that I've seen in a few different applications is pretty darn impressive.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

I think there will be no PC release at all. So far, only Halo 2 made it to 'our' beloved platform, and the way they advertise this game, it appears a console-only game. I was just curious for the opinion of our console-friendly members :-D

mandru

It looks good.  :-X

I might want to watch a full walk through of the game on youtube if a player who isn't full fingernails on a black board annoying happens to make one.  :)
- mandru

PZ

Quote from: mandru on September 25, 2014, 08:42:30 AM
It looks good.  :-X

I might want to watch a full walk through of the game on youtube if a player who isn't full fingernails on a black board annoying happens to make one.  :)

:laugh:

Although I've tried to enjoy futuristic set games, they never seem to hold my interest for long. I tend to gravitate to dirty old environments like that in FC2.

fragger

With me playing, it may have to be re-titled "Density" :-()

mandru

"You are my density"

One of the best Worst flubbed pick up lines ever!

*quote from George McFly (Crispin Glover) in Back to the Future*  :-D
- mandru

fragger

:-D

OK, I admit it, that's who I plagiarized it from :-() Well picked up!

Art Blade

ah, like "density unknown"  ;D

Binnatics

Nice avatar Art!!! :) :-X

Art Blade

hehe, thanks. PZ inspired me. :)

Binnatics

Lol, I just saw his ^-^

OWGKID

The game was pretty dull when it released, the E3 trailers were more impressive than the game that got launched some years later... The story was lacking and the game is still constantly balanced via countless hotfixes/patches. Heck, you have to buy THREE expansions (for a total of 120$) to get the game complete...  :angry-new: This is Activi$ion's fault, they forced Bungie to re-write the entire game in 1 year and Bungie also had 4 consoles to optimize it on (Therefore no PC version).

Destiny 2 is supposed to be in the works for a 2017 release. I guess the PS3/Xbox 360 cannot handle any more expansions in the OG game and that means Bungie have 3 platforms to focus on, PC, Xbox One and PS4 ;) They wanted to hire people with PC development experience so hopefully Destiny 2 will have a PC release.

I have tried the game by my cousin and friends on their PS4s. The game looks beautiful, although it is graphically obvious that it is ported from the PS3/X360 (textures has of course more details on them and 1080p resolution, but there isn't any major graphical difference between 7th gen/8th gen). Another thing I don't like would be the 30 fps lock. Seriously, 30 fps is REALLY bad for a shooter in terms of responsiveness and fluidity. Not Bungie's fault, it's M$ and $ony that decided to tuck in some crappy A10 laptop APUs from 2012 in plastic boxes and call it "next gen" ::)

There's a lot of small things to do, side missions, bounty quests or simply roaming the post-apocalyptic landscape. But the landscapes are pretty empty, enemies simply spawn in small groups and the maps are small (Not big as a traditional open world game). Bungie wanted to do so much more I guess, but Activi$ion screwed them over  :-( Europe was supposed to be added along with the Last City below the tower as playable areas...

As with other RPGs, enemies drop loot with different rarities (higher rarity means better gear/weaponry) or currency that can be traded in for weapons/armour by different vendors.

Bungie tried to create a great game, but some unlucky factors ruined what it should have been, not something that needs 1 year of additional content to be complete... Let's hope Destiny 2 doesn't run into the same issues as its prequel.
LEGACY

fragger

If it does, maybe it should be renamed "Density" :-()

Art Blade

keep going, fragger  :laugh: the inexorable density is upon us :-()

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳