AC4 Wolfpack (CO-OP) Tutorial (edited screenshots) for Beginners

Started by Art Blade, August 19, 2014, 11:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Hi guys :)

It is so hard to teach someone how to do it without seeing what's going on
A video might have been a good idea, then again, it's not so good as a reference and I don't record videos. I decided to w@&k a couple of hours (took 5 hours, actually) on the following 32 pics so you can SEE and READ in your own time :)

Comments appreciated.

Have fun  :)

[smg id=7137 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7138 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7139 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7140 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7141 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7142 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7143 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7144 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7145 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7146 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7147 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7148 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7149 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7150 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7151 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7152 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7153 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7154 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7155 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7156 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7157 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7158 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7159 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7160 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7161 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7162 type=preview align=center]
Somehow the edited pic went missing..? I know I wrote about me having modified the poison with the crafting menu, I had a lucky modifier that gave me 5 seconds rather than 6 for the poison to kick in while I had changed the score from 200 to 300 points. I was about to apply poison because you don't need to use an ability soon to get an extra score plus poison is silent.. and adds points to the kill.
[smg id=7163 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7164 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7165 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7166 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7167 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7168 type=preview align=center]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

Art Blade

thanks mate :) Yes.. I just like that font.

So you guys know I know what I'm doing, here's what usually happens..

[smg id=7169 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0330"]
[smg id=7170 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0340"]

Also, poison is my poison  :-()
[smg id=7171 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0350"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

By the way

why the player in the score board without kills still got points

-- he joined when the game was practically over but was allowed to take the points we got from converting time left into points everyone gets added to their score.

Also, why in my tutorial I start with sequence 1 and continue with sequence 4 and only 50 points to finish it:

-- If players take their time for great scores per kill, apparently some of the sequences get skipped because there were so many points gathered in the previous sequence that were enough to meet the criteria for the next.  :laugh:

Binnatics

I think it's a tutorial for those who want to skip being a beginner, lol :) :-X

I doubt that you forgot to mention anything. A masterpiece towards perfection, so to speak ^-^ :-X

The only thing I could come up with to add, is maybe a simple reference to the basic principles; Assassinate, don't get detected, act quick and make full use of the abilities the game offers you to add points.
But maybe that's due to my lack of experience with the whole AC universe :-[

Speaking of points, I still wonder what the h*** is the benefit of playing together instead of alone. That's something worth to figure out. So far, I can only see the best benefits in a solitaire 'co-op' session.  :-\\
Except of course for freaks like us who like to share our qualities and have an extra challenge to do things simultaneously. :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

no real benefit but you cannot rank online in Wolfpack with your own score. Your rank is bound to the team's total score, the higher the team's score, the higher your own rank (same rank for everyone on that team)

But it is just fun to play together and admire one's perfect kill scores :-()

Art Blade

Actually, multi-kills of 3 or 4 targets in very short succession (kill a group) are only possible when there are 3 or 4 players that don't get those kills. When you play on your own, there's hardly more than 2 targets in one group.

But playing online, I have a lot of fun looking at the score board at the end of the game. Because it makes me grin to see how I can get more points with half the kills or at least more points with less kills than the rest of the team  :laugh: >:D

Art Blade

damn it, there is ONE reason to play on a team:

Revive the most team mates and get accolades, get the most multi-kills and get accolades, be the one least detected by the enemy and get accolades.. you know, the Abstergo credits at the end of a map.

Binnatics

Too bad that the rankings are infected with cheaters then :-(

But indeed; it becomes a play of showing off with excellent tricks :)

About the multikills; I don't see any result in the scoring pattern. And I can perform multikills on my own by killing two enemies in quick succession.

And don't you get accolades when you play on your own?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

all true except for reviving team mates and assists.. can't do that on your own  :-()

PZ

Excellent tutorial, AB - I've only glanced at it so far (need more time and a cup of coffee) but +1 for an outstandingly detailed piece of w@&k!

Art Blade

thank you very much, PZ :)

I actually had you in mind when creating this. Like, for the old friend you are :-D

I made it just the way it seems likely to me a newbie starts to look around and click here and there.. like, what all those characters are and what the hell of a lot of customisation options there are. I am pretty sure you'd like to get a few things but don't know how to get the means for them, as in Abstergo credits (the Erudito credits are real money converted into game money that you purchase from UBI, it is possible to use steam for it, it works with the steam wallet, too) and that's why I showed parts of the menu that tell you your standings, like challenges, accolades and all that, so you can focus.

Tips for beginners (like you  :-() )

After your first day, if you play every day, the first TWENTY MINUTES every day on any map or game mode  will DOUBLE YOUR SCORE hence a good reason for levelling up on your own with a bit of Wolfpack on a nice small map such as The Plantation.

Play every character once, just playing 12 maps with 12 characters gives you 1,000 XP for each character.

Then.. try public for more Abstergo credits. It may look like the following screenies (my just finished recent public Wolfpack) but be aware, UBI did put some type of cap on the amount you can make. It's not easy to understand, I think it's per game mode and day. If you see during the final score boards, particularly those accolades, that you seem to be earning credits, compare them to the actual amount of credits. I would have 100 times of what I actually got. If it freezes, wait for the next day or try a different game mode.

The next screenshots..  :laugh: "I like the demoralising effect on my public team mates that a FEW kills with a HIGH score has. Maybe some of them learn from that." They may be even more upset when they see that not only did I win with fewer kills and a higher score, no, I usually also lead the revive and assist accolade boards >:D and many times the least detected player, only it's not fair if someone leaves and a new guy enters, OF COURSE he cannot be detected as many times when there are only a few enemies left. They sometimes join without a kill but get a gold accolade for least detection and along with it +30 Abstergo credits. :D Well, something they can enjoy, at least.  :-()

Actually I learned almost instantly from players who had more points and less kills that there had to be a way. Ever since, I keep winning public matches. I'm not saying there was no one better than me, only it rarely happens that I don't win public Wolfpack games. ;)

[smg id=7172 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0360"]
[smg id=7173 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0370"]
[smg id=7174 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0380"]
[smg id=7175 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0390"]

Art Blade

I just realised something:

If you lock on to a target you don't get those +150 for locking on. If you are very close to the centre of the target's body (say, an arm's length or a little more.. you'll see when you try) there will be a reticule that fills within perhaps 2 or 3 seconds -- it is called FOCUS. When that reticule disappears then you'll get your +150 points IF you kill without looking away or moving away (or you'll have to focus again)

I said close to the centre because you can focus even if you're on the roof and the target is on the ground and close to the wall = below you. ;)

Art Blade

Let me tell you how it began for me (only 12 days ago!)

I was thoroughly through with the SP campaign and some free roaming, no one around to play any (other) coop games, no new games at all. When I first got AC4BF, I didn't even think about online gaming. When Abletile got the game, I decided to take a look at the MP/CO-OP part while Able was busy figuring out the SP game. What I saw, all those bazillion customisation options for MP, was too much for me to "just" start a co-op game and I told Able to forget it, too complicated for a quick go.

Well, 12 days ago, I found time. My first step was to play the TRAINING part of the online game. The next part was to play DISCOVERY in Wolfpack, online, with other newbies. Then.. dare try a real game, the UNLEASHED Wolfpack.

I know I saw players run away and kill stuff before I even knew where to look. I decided to just run there, too, follow them running around and fetch a few kills if possible. No idea how they did find the victims. Then there were weird effects that stopped me from running or from locking on to anything, smoke bombs, fire crackers, wipe, time phase.. they used all the stuff that doesn't belong to co-op as it hinders team mates from getting anywhere. Egoistic soloists. I didn't know what it was, only that it was weird stuff.

However, the next game with a different team was indeed different when I saw a player WALK around, slowly, not worried, all patient, he walked while the rest ran away. I noticed that he didn't steal my frags, so to speak, he would realise when I had locked on a target and wait for me to finish it, and he would stomp the body of my victim. Also, he had his lock on the same target when I killed it, yet despite his lock, he didn't kill it. Now I know that the stomping was a ground kill and worth 50 points, the lock on my target was an assist, worth another 50 points, so he made 100 points more or less from watching me. And his approach meter was probably all the time at 450.

I decided to just FOLLOW him around and not kill his targets so I might learn a bit from him.

What surprised me the most was that he won the game, despite the other guys apparently running wild and killing a lot. That guy had fewer kills and a better score than the rest.

He stayed on the team, so did I, and two other players joined (who played really well, too) so it was all slow and team w@&k, walk up together and kill together, waiting for everyone to be ready before the synchronised kill (which wasn't a game goal, they just knew it was good for everyone) When I fucked up something like a synced kill, I felt ashamed that I ruined it. Also, that I had been running and killing mindlessly and likely ruined other players' and the team's score.

I didn't want to spoil the game for other players any more so I started to check YT vids and stuff to find out about tactics and what people do to get good results.

Now I'm the guy. Sometimes I encounter like-minded players. Both newbies who are learning or already have learned some as well as "professional" players who know what they do. Players that I met a few days ago haven't levelled up much while I am homing in on my prestige level 4 (four times 55 levels) and all that in a 277 "sessions" so far, rank 3+33  :)  I've checked other players' profiles. I can tell that they basically have twice as much experience but half as much XP. Like that one random guy, 2+14 with 318 sessions. My MP experience (just a couple of matches, perhaps 30) already made me pop up around the top 2,500 out of around 300,000+ players.

Here's my sheet that you'd see if you had met me online and wanted to check who I was. It's from just now, 12 days into online gaming.  :)

[smg id=7176 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0400"]

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 19, 2014, 05:25:37 PM
thank you very much, PZ :)

I actually had you in mind when creating this... I made it just the way it seems likely to me a newbie starts to look around and click here and there...

:laugh: :-X

Art Blade

:-D

I just want to show you that the team I was talking about, the good players and perhaps my 2nd or 3rd Wolfpack game, caused me to rank very high while my score was only some shabby 30,000+ points. The other three racked up around 140,000k, making it some 170,000 total. I wish I could meet them again and score my average 50k or more with team players like that. You see, my rank there is not due to my own score but the overall team score.

[smg id=7177 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0410"]

Art Blade

The best solo play Wolfpack map seems to be ST MATHIEU,

the one shown in the first post of this tutorial. There are plenty of options for acrobatic, aerial and hidden kills, even a bench kill (worth 3x 450 + focus 150 = 1,500 each kill) when protecting chests. I just tried it myself, here a few pics. It's my best average "team" score so far, over 1000.

Less than 15 minutes, good for your first 20 minutes a day, will double that score  ;)

[smg id=7178 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7179 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7180 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7181 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7182 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7183 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7184 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7185 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7186 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7187 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7188 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7189 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7190 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7191 type=preview align=center]
[smg id=7192 type=preview align=center]

PZ

Sad thing for me is that I have had so little time for gaming at all - summers are not good for me.  As we head in to winter however...  >:D

Art Blade

Man, there will be AC5 and GTAV and perhaps FC4  ??? ^-^

Art Blade

Ha! Found it. And did some research.

I was 2 days into the Wolfpack thingy and had reached level 39 after about 50 sessions, most of which were crappy or at least not exactly brilliant games or games that I played on my own, same crappy style. I couldn't learn from any player and simply didn't know better. Then came that guy. And then I started to find vids and strategy guides.

And I began to see the better ways..

That one game that put me far up the ranks due to total 170k team score; they were doing a lot better than the average player but I couldn't (yet) quite catch up. That has changed :-D

I think I learned from pabloombre watching him rather than doing my own thing. He's got a really decent lead score and a proper low kill count  :-X

[smg id=7193 type=preview align=center caption="WP tut 0570"]

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 19, 2014, 09:17:49 PM

Man, there will be AC5 and GTAV and perhaps FC4  ??? ^-^

I already have GTAV and haven't even completed the game yet and it's been months! It's been so long since AC4 that I can't remember if I completed it  :laugh:

Art Blade

fragger

I'm not into the game Art, but you definitely deserve a +1 for all your efforts here mate :)

Art Blade

Art Blade

I just got a new personal best soloing a map, even less kills, even more points :)

All you have to do is to get to your next target quickly and try to keep all the above in mind (approach meter and so on, and most of all, if possible, the extra objectives)

[smg id=7215 type=preview align=center caption="AC4BF coop 011"]

Tags:
🡱 🡳