Western Digital cloud storage

Started by PZ, July 12, 2014, 10:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Went to Costco the other day and purchased a WD cloud device, 4 tb in size.  Essentially it allows me to have personal cloud storage on my own home network.  The best part is that all my devices upload data *usually pictures) automatically to my home cloud via the home wireless when we are in range, and via the internet when we are away.

I was taking pictures on my phone and they automatically appeared on the my cloud in my home office in my Picasa album ready to review or upload to web albums.

Stiku

Just a word of precaution, set your gear properly on the first time.

I've heard so many posts, in other forums, from people that haven't done it securely and had their data shared with unknown persons.

But still, very nice place to hang the photos for the time, before processing them and the 4TB is enough to accomodate a hard photographer for a few years.

PZ

That's good advice. The default folders are public by default

Binnatics

That is an interesting device PZ.  :-X :)

Does it accept both mac and MS gear? I'm still looking for a device that properly connects both entities within my local wifi network. ????

Good advice to be cautious with the 'shared space'. Nowadays technology tries to connect everything with everything feeding the desperate need of most people to share the littlest things with the rest of the world.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I don't know about the Mac, but they claim it does. I do know my wife's
IPhone and iPad w@&k well with it.

Binnatics

That's all I basically needed to know. I'd like a device like that myself. Will have to wait though, first savings are for the summer holiday ^-^

I can win a 'golden NAS' with a contest organized by a local news forum for hard- and software here in Holland. I have to describe in 150 words what I would do with it. Most creative contestant wins the NAS. I'm puzzling already ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:-D good luck with that, Binnatics! Would be cool to learn about your win  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on July 14, 2014, 02:46:00 PM
:-D good luck with that, Binnatics! Would be cool to learn about your win  :)

Indeed! Best of luck!

Tags:
🡱 🡳