Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Also they have nice details on the apartment buildings

Spoiler

Also found a downed chopper near the airfield.

Spoiler

Also checking Arts pulse, there were none  :angel:
Spoiler

Art Blade

Nice pics, stiku. :)

Those apartment buildings are scary, as are those towns they're located in. Imagine having to live there.. <shiver>  ???

[smg id=7024 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 105"]
[smg id=7025 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 106"]
[smg id=7026 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 107"]
[smg id=7027 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 108"]
[smg id=7028 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 109"]
[smg id=7029 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 110"]
[smg id=7030 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 111"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Amazing stories, gents!  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I am fully kitted out for a "Late Night Session" now. I have a portable Gas Light, a portable Gas Stove, found firewood and matches (not sure those last will w@&k, or combine, or anything, but it's worth a try. We may need stones to combine them with, but they are very rare. I found a 'badly damaged" stone, that had "zero remaining" lol ;D

But with the gas stove and the gas lamp and some Rasputin Gvass we could have a nice party in some lone forest somewhere on the edge of the map ;)

Of course we need a good server that operates at night for that 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

excellent.  :-X Maybe we can torch the forest there while we're on it  :-()

fragger

Well... I've been out of the loop for about a month, and there's a whole new game you guys are into which I've never even heard of!

I've just had a brief peruse of the first few pages, will read the rest when I have more time. I'd love to join you guys in an online game but you know what my access is like (which is precisely why I've been out of the loop for a month... ::)) I'll keep you posted. If things look up for me internet-wise - i.e. once I go with a different ISP and see if it improves things - I'd like to try and join you chaps in a game.

If only I could play with just you guys though, and without those puerile jerks who apparently extract great joy from ruining other peoples' gaming fun. Wouldn't you just love to get face-to-face with some of those turkeys and give them a little life lesson? :angry-new:

Looking at all the screenies, the game looks very reminiscent of the Stalker series, in appearance anyway.

Great stories and adventures guys, very fun read so far 8)

Art Blade

you hit the nail on the head there, Stalker was what I was thinking when running around in that town with those apartment houses or through forests and plains, even the season (autumn) seems to be the same looking at the colours of the trees. Exchange mutants for zombies and factions for.. hold it, there actually were bandits in Stalker. Only we don't have artifacts but that could be exchanged for some of the stuff you can find.

However, I wouldn't want to get face-to-face with some of those turkeys and give them a little life lesson. Instead, I'd like to stuff those inbreds onto one server and let them have fun with themselves while we could enjoy a decent game without them.

Glad you like the stories, they're as virtually real as it gets.. the panic, fear and accidents are just as real and lethal as your mind allows. Building up a character takes time and a lot of risks so I don't intend to get killed at all, I actually want to survive.

It was interesting when Stiku and I were almost alone on a server which had just restarted, we looted some military facility, a bunch of army tents, and then decided to check the airfield behind us. With our ACOGs we scanned the area and with a bit of horror realised that some doors were open, meaning someone had been there at the same time we were looting the tents, just a few hundred yards away. We crouched around and took cover, even using shadows and ditches to stay as invisible as possible while checking for movements or other traces of human presence.

[smg id=7031 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 112"]

We peeked through windows and checked the rooms looking through windows from the outside and then started to clear building after building without anyone to be found. I reckon whoever it was either left the area after a quick loot (including the possibility of disconnecting from the server) or they might have become acutely aware of our presence and decided not to risk a fight. Stiku and I were armed to the teeth and had a fully military outfit at the time so our looks might have imposed quite a threat not to be trifled with. Whatever it was, no one interfered with us. It was interesting for me because from a third person view I could see myself and Stiku covering every angle and it would have been quite deadly for anyone to pop up in our line of sight. I am quite sure we'd have killed them.

It feels different, this game, you don't just run around with guns blazing. I can virtually count the rounds I fired as I only shoot to kill and only if there's no avoiding it. I did take out zombies attacking team mates and it was a close call at times but I only fired when I was dead sure to actually hit the target rather than a friend. Those were moments I had to rely on the accuracy of my weapon and it hit right where I wanted it to. That's why I don't trust that video showing those crazy ranged groups of bullets that were supposed to demonstrate the inaccuracy of the weapons available. Friends also came to my help and shot zombies that were just an arm's length away. It is good to know that you can rely on your team mates.

Anyway, this game is 100% open world. Your rules. Your choices. And your friends. ;)

mandru

When you drop or discard an item does it stay there so that you or your companions can retrieve it as needed?

Or is it possible in cooperation with several friendly players to find a highly defensible position (a solid redoubt) and build up a sizable stockpile of supplies collected by foray teams sent out to explore while others stay on guard and protect the group's base of operation?

Outside of having a private server I was wondering if this was a way of dealing with marauders and griefers.  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Abletile

Nice to see you back Fragger  :-X ^-^

Quote from: mandru on May 27, 2014, 05:24:19 PM
When you drop or discard an item does it stay there so that you or your companions can retrieve it as needed?

Or is it possible in cooperation with several friendly players to find a highly defensible position (a solid redoubt) and build up a sizable stockpile of supplies collected by foray teams sent out to explore while others stay on guard and protect the group's base of operation?

Outside of having a private server I was wondering if this was a way of dealing with marauders and griefers.  :-\\

In answer to your question, yes an item does stay put however, due to the fact that the game is still alpha, items do have a habit of vanishing sometimes. Also if the server restarts everything disappears!  :(

This video has a tale. A bandit killed Stiku whilst he was helping me to gear up again after I was killed by a fucking bandit :D
Anyway here's the vid (excuse if the volume is off, I'm still trying to get the levels suitable for all)
Revenge

I was trying to pick up some gear for Stiku but it was all ruined, I also discovered you can't pick up another M4 when you already have one!
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

mandru

Thanks for the answer and good video Abletile.   :-X  +1   

After Art's description of crawling injured for several hours seeking the needed supplies to get healed and back on his feet I'm really struggling to find something about this game I might like.  So far I'm not having much luck in that effort.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying DayZ SA (if that's the right word).  At least you are intrigued and it has caught and held your attention.  :)

In a game setting I can get into fighting and kicking the snot out of game generated AI enemies all day long.  But player vs player just does not register on my fun radar.

I'm too noncompetitive. I won't even play checkers in real life.  ::)
- mandru

Art Blade

:-D

Nice vid mate, volume is good now.

Actually you can pick up an M4 when you already have one, remember I brought you one while I had another one  ^-^

Abletile

Quote from: Art Blade on May 27, 2014, 07:45:29 PM
:-D

Nice vid mate, volume is good now.

Actually you can pick up an M4 when you already have one, remember I brought you one while I had another one  ^-^

Maybe it was just because it was a corpse  :(

By the way, nice avatar Art!  :-X
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Stiku

Getting killed was so stupid mistake from my part, I actually saw the player first and panic shot 3 rounds, and then thought to myself that is was Able, then the little bugger started shooting at me and killed me.

So from now on Ill have to keep more closer look who's who, and shoot everyone.

Now here is some pics from yesterday.

Spoiler

Art Blade

Thanks, Able :)

Nice pics, Stiku  :-X

PZ

Stiku

Art's trying to steal a car / Gas prices are high / How to stack canned food / map in-game(half of it atleast)
Spoiler

Art Blade

lol I wasn't trying to steal it. I tried to hide it but the engine died on me in the middle of the road!

Art Blade

Picture of the DayZ

The Cyrillic letters transcribe "Fast Food"  :laugh:
[smg id=7039 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 113"]

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

"Art, I wonder, is it safe?"
"Perfectly safe, Stiku."
[smg id=7040 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 114"]
"You see, it's nothing. Just a broken leg. I happen to have sticks and rags so I can craft a splint and fix up your leg in no time, Stiku, and then we'll start to pick up all those teeth that came popping out of your mouth."
[smg id=7041 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 115"]

"Not so tough anymore, eh, zombies? Want some more?!"
[smg id=7042 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 116"]

British replacement zombies, they know how to queue.
[smg id=7043 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 117"]

OH MY GAWD!  :o -- he gave me quite a start.
[smg id=7044 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 118"]

Boom! Headshot.
[smg id=7045 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 119"]

"Hey :) It's getting dark.."
[smg id=7046 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 120"]

"Do you have a light?" -- "Yup."
[smg id=7047 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 121"]

"There are stars up there!" -- "Where?"
[smg id=7048 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 122"]

A lighthouse :) And someone using the bog.
[smg id=7049 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 123"]

Why is Stiku following me with that bottle?
[smg id=7050 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 124"]
Oh. Alright.. because he wants to force-feed me. He actually forced me to drink when I wasn't looking  :laugh:
[smg id=7051 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 125"]

PZ

Love thelighthouse pic  :-X

Stiku

Just to be clear, it was a sudden gust of wind that caused me to drop from that roof extension. :D

BTW, now Art cant run infront of me anymore, because he's scared that my macros could kick in and cause him harm, also now he can't run behind me, because he gets scared that I might force feed him something.   8)

Art Blade

wind. :-()

The macro thing ^-^ When Stiku just got the game and the bunch of us were looting those military tents, all of a sudden an M4 went off in what appeared to be a somewhat long burst so everyone started to freak out, over the headphones a cacophony of voices chanting "what was that, who's shooting" along with gunfire pierced our eardrums, followed by some mad laughter from Stiku. A macro bound to one of his mouse buttons which was meant for the game minecraft was the reason, it basically automatically triggered the fire button several times in a row.  :o  :laugh:

And no, I'm not afraid of those guys. After some practice, most of the time they now know when to press which buttons and which ones not to  :-()

Binnatics

In the end, I died again because of breaking my leg 3 time sin a row on the top floor of a barn. Weird glitch. Too bad. Had been searching for 10-round clips for my SKS for days, didn't find them and was about to reach the North Western Airfield. Funny how easy you can get killed by being on the second floor ;)

Wanna play soccer?
[smg id=7052]
Gôôôôooooooaaaaallll!!!!!!!!!!!
[smg id=7053]

Weird lump in the landscape:
[smg id=7054]

I could swear this building is new in the game:
[smg id=7055]

What the F*** are they doing?  :o
[smg id=7056]

Dying of starvation:
[smg id=7057]

My new headgear:
[smg id=7058]

Nice warning, indeed Art, Cholera it will be 8)
[smg id=7059]

Canned Sardines:
[smg id=7060]

I can see the stars in the sky:
[smg id=7061]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳