DayZ (standalone)

Started by Art Blade, April 29, 2014, 04:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I read somewhere in the DayZ Wiki that you have 4 types of players; Bambies, Survivors, Bandits and Heroes. The last category is them who go back to spawning locations, fully kitted out, and help new bambies get geared up and running. I think we can consider ourselves amongst these guys now :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Abletile

Quote from: Art Blade on May 22, 2014, 04:00:55 PM
I really liked the vid but JEEZ, intro volume = 5000%  :o ??? actual film volume = 20%  ???? :-()

Yea, sorry about the intro volume  :-[ I adjusted the music volume and assumed, as it was on the same track, that the intro would match. How wrong can I be! (They do say assumption is the mother of all f@#k ups  :laugh:)
With the help of Art's friend Stiku, I have started to use Cyberlink PowerDirector 12 along with Media Coder 64.

Anyway after managing to deal with some personal issues I was able to have another go using the same game clip .

Zombiefest3 1

Hope you guys prefer this version.
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Binnatics

Nice capture, and very creative with the background sounds and intro +1 as an encouragement :) :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, nice vid, though still a bit low volume for me, might be my system, but I have to turn everything up to 11 in order to hear anything.

Did that one zombie clip through the wall as you were heading up the stairs?

A lot of nice one-shots in there too, good shooting.

And I can see a zombie attack making a mess or ripping/tearing your clothing, but breaking a gun? That's a bit weird, I mean guns by nature are pretty sturdy things, a zombie clawing at your coat shouldn't break a gun that's in the pocket. I can see maybe getting shot at might ruin a gun that gets hit by the bullet, but not any kind of melee attack from a zombie. Weird mechanic there if you ask me.

Also, they should make the zombie lootable after you kill them, they were once humans, and might still have something in their pockets, you know?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Abletile

Thanks guys. It's a weird thing this volume business, on my system I have to turn it down as its too loud  :o
That may be because I run my pc sound through a 5.1 system, maybe I should w@&k from headphones only (even then it's loud!)

Zombies are currently quite amusing, yes they clip through walls  :-(), and they fall off of roofs but can't climb stairs! I get quite entertained when they can't reach you and make that angry pissed off noise  ^-^
The current bug is they kill themselves if they run downhill   :laugh:

When they do 'hit' you it seems quite random how much damage they do, some of it is very unrealistic! I agree they should be lootable, after all, they have pockets  :laugh:

More screenies, this time from Electro

[smg id=6989 type=preview align=center caption="Town Hall I presume"]

[smg id=6990 type=preview align=center caption="Tribute to 9/11?"]

Is that life imitating art or vice versa?

mandru

Hmm, seems that I'm not able to insert quotes at this time.  ????   But Abletile said "and they fall off of roofs but can't climb stairs!"

The zombie that took the dive off the roof in your video gave me a good chuckle.  :-D

Also on the matter of looting zombies I've noticed that some of them are in better military grade gear than your respawn load out.  If nothing else it seems that their clothes could be torn up for spare bandages.  ???
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I just checked that vid, I had to crank up my system volume to 58% in order to get a somewhat audible sound while I usually have it at 20% only. The 58% was still not loud for that vid, I'd have loved to go even higher but I didn't want to risk having a coronary the next time something else produced any sound. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I looked up the GeForce Experience software for shadow play that DB mentioned and while the GTX680M is supported I happened to buy the GTX680 which is not.  :D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

I like your video, AbleZ - and the intro was quite creative  :-X +1 from me as well

Binnatics

I would like to be part of your next capture AbleZ!! :) I have a cool idea for a situation to record, I'll let you know ;)

I found a very accurate video about the accuracy for a variety of weapons in the game. Thought I'd share:

#1 - DayZ Standalone Weapon Accuracy Test - M4 Mosin 9130 SKS Blaze95 .357 Magnum -

These results match my ideas of the accuracy as far as I've taken count of. What you guys think?

Abletile

Nice video find Binn +1 for the info  :-X

I didn't realise that the 357 magnum was so inaccurate! I also expected more from the SKS. I do question the 100m zeroing on a 60m ranged target though, why not 50m zero? (the Mosin won't zero down less than 100m and I suspect neither the SKS will either) The target should be 100m to make this test more accurate. The Sporter isn't included or any of the automatic pistols (FNX, 1911, AmphibiaS, or the CR75) but I guess the whole video shows at least he can hit a barn door  :laugh:

It would be great to have our own OWG video, so I look forward to hearing your idea  8)

Art Blade

I doubt his accuracy test was representative. By the time that video was recorded, those "new" weapons hadn't been implemented yet. It is possible that by now some of the weapon stats have been altered as the game is w@&k in progress.

As some of the comments on YT showed, the state of weapon parts and which weapon parts are on the guns does influence the accuracy. All I can say is that we've been using pristine gear and I haven't heard any of you guys in game commenting on bad accuracy when you killed zombies even from afar. I've never been under the impression that pristine weapons with pristine weapon parts were inaccurate at all.

As to pistols, well.. they're simply no ranged weapons. I use pistols for 20m and less, preferably 10m and less and can perform headshots with them. I killed zombies with my M4 and ACOG within a 500m range and didn't think I missed due to weapon inaccuracy. When I missed I had simply not been on target.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I did notice inaccuracy when using the Magnum, the FNX and the M4. Never with a Mosin, but I use it more for long range and am still getting used to the bullet-drop config. I was thinking about applying the test he did to the crossbow. But I'm afraid that aiming for a stable point will be difficult with that raw iron sight view it offers. Plus... I would have to go searching for quivers and bolts again :-D

Art Blade

Today Binnatics had been killed by a player (yet again) so I decided to join and help him out with gear and on my way I needed to hydrate. I did that under a bridge, dropped the spare M4 because the game didn't allow me to drink from that pond and while I was fiddling around a zombie popped up and smacked me once, I tried to whip out a pistol while I got smacked the second time and.. was dead.  After about 3 weeks it's kind of funny to start over again, together with Binnatics, two Bambies about get back in business again.

I spawned in Svetlojarsk and met another player who gave me rice and a soda. Then another player showed up so I gave him half of the rice. I then decided to leg it when I couldn't see anybody anymore but kept hearing shots from different parts of the town.. I didn't want to be part of that.
[smg id=6991 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 089"]
Of course, zombies won't stop chasing me.. had to kill them which is can be hard if they're tough as nails
[smg id=6992 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 090"]

Art Blade

I found a Mosin but decided not to keep it because it stuck out so much and was loud as hell, and I didn't have ammo.. so I tossed it away. I tried to meet up with Binnatics and had to pass an airfield which I thought best to avoid because there were about 12 players on the server and they all tend to spawn in the North just like I did or to return to the North for some killing.

And indeed, now I just got killed by a player. I was between Krasnostav and the NE airstrip where there were just a few lone houses. I was about to leave the house when a fully kitted-out guy in military outfit opened the door, saw me (imagine, I looked typical Bambi: violet backpack, mixed civilian clothes, NO WEAPONS) and went a step back outside behind the wall to get his M4 ready, went back into the door frame and killed me with a couple of rounds. I said, "thank you, I didn't even have a weapon." He didn't respond, I heard him reload his magazine and going through my gear. I said, "there's nothing you can use except a few tins." He then fired another round into my dead body and went away.

I'm just glad that I don't know people like him :)

Art Blade

Reinforcement has arrived in form of a helmeted Stiku.  :-D At the time Binnatics got killed yet again by yet another unknown player. What is wrong with those people.. At least we've got an ever growing band of brothers  :-()

[smg id=6993 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 091"]

Binnatics

I think it's time to form a proper Clan; [OWG] 4 or 5 times in the players list will scare them off I guess 8)

Art Blade

Might be a good idea unless you play on your own or with just one partner. But indeed, as soon as there are three or more of us on a server, it might frighten some of those bandits away. However, I keep seeing YT video titles the likes of "squad of five wiped out" or "1 vs 5, wiped squad" and so forth, so there are players and "teams" that are actually seeking out and enjoying that type of challenge.

Art Blade

Today has been an eventful day. Binnatics got killed by a player and I thought I'd help him but I didn't feel so good about joining a half-full server in the middle of a day, on top it was weekend.. danger, danger, danger. Well, I died. At least it was a zombie but still. Armed to the teeth and more than 1,000 rounds of ammo and 4 pistols and 2 assault rifles.. and a F***ING zombie takes me out with two punches, catching me off guard, under a bridge in the middle of nowhere while trying to get a drink of water. Incredible. At least none of my good gear fell into the hands of any of those murderous players. Then I spawned, met a friendly player who gave me food and drink, I run across the map a few kilometers and in the middle of nowhere, a bandit runs into that house and kills me. At least he didn't get anything of value from me. I did mention the above in a prior post but had to repeat it here as it was the prelude of what was coming next.

Alright. A new spawn, preparing to meet up with Stiku and then with Binnatics. Stiku being the fifth OWG player joining up with our little team :)

I found that island Binnatics told me about, with that ship.. and I didn't even see that guy next to me when I took the screenie. I don't know who he was. He didn't talk but was apparently following me. When I noticed him about a minute later or so I thought he was a zombie, like all in black and such, until I realised he raised his fists when I did.. something's wrong with zombies and bare white arms and fists.. a player! Shocked, I hit the voice talk button and said I didn't want to attack him, thought he was a zombie. He didn't reply, didn't attack, either, but ran away. Never saw him again. Weird.

What the.. who's this guy?
[smg id=6994 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 092"]

That zombie saw me, started to run down that slope and.. broke his neck.  :laugh:
[smg id=6995 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 093"]

After meeting up with Stiku, we quickly found our MO regarding zombies. Almost like tennis.
[smg id=6996 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 094"]
It's basically, "one for you.. one for me.. one for you.. one for me.." swinging the axe in turns until they drop dead. :-D
[smg id=6997 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 095"]

We saw a building with half a plane sticking in that gap high up and checked it out
[smg id=6998 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 096"]
[smg id=6999 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 097"]
[smg id=7000 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 098"]
[smg id=7001 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 099"]

Did that tank shoot it down? Maybe not. What kind of monument is that, anyway?  ????
[smg id=7002 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 100"]

Patching up Stiku who had had a nasty encounter with a zombie.
[smg id=7003 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 101"]
And some more.. I crafted the splint Stiku is applying to himself..
[smg id=7004 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 102"]

And then something crazy happened. Over the voice chat we heard Binnatics, who had been god knows where on the map, yelling that he was being chased by two zombies while I saw three people running right through the building Stiku and I were in and I started yelling, "there are players," and Stiku was also saying something about other players and then Binnatics was shouting that there were other players, too, and I noticed the first guy had a green hard hat on and Stiku was asking whether or not it was Binnatics running through there and Binnatics was shouting something about whether or not he saw us there where he was running through and I shouted that I was now disconnecting (which I did) and over the voice chat I could still hear Stiku and Binnatics and I asked whether it was him or not.. UTTER CHAOS PANIC MADNESS :o ???

And yes, it was him. Binnatics had somehow managed to find JUST the very building where Stiku and I were completely unaware of his presence, just to run through there with two zombies in his wake.  :laugh:

Binnatics (with green hard hat) Stiku and I met for the first time in front of the building he had just run through and after we had killed the zombies. :)
[smg id=7005 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 103"]

We then made it to the SW airstrip and looted the living daisies, err, daylights out of it. Now we're all geared up properly and I finally found my first engraved 1911.  ^-^
[smg id=7006 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 104"]

Binnatics

Nice story and screenies ^-^

I remember that building, but didn't find the plane in it. Gotta have a second look next time ;)

I remember our mad encounter there very clearly; I had indeed 2, maybe 3 or 4 zombies on my tail. I thought you guys were on the other side of the town, actually at the border, so what I wanted to do is rush through trying to lose these zombies in a mad cross-town run. When I entered the building you guys were in, I was shocked to see two other players, with weapons on their backs etc. The first thing that sprung to mind was; "Godd, I'll keep running and have thém deal with these zombies. Meanwhile I'll warn Stiku and Art that there's fully equipped players in the vicinity." These players happened to be you guys. Funny as hell :laugh:

I kept running in circles to distract the zombies and keep them busy, and when we found out it was eachother we were giving the shivers, Art returned and used the only prepared fire arm to get rid of them :) :-X

We exchanged bullets and on we went on; now I had my Mosin Rounds and Art had his SKS rounds ^-^

Stikus first character:
[smg id=7015]

We found a Swombie:
[smg id=7016]

On my way towards Stikus and Arts location:
[smg id=7014]

Funny propaganda on the beach:
[smg id=7013]

In Kamishovo I found this wasted car, and suddenly I realised it was a Lada:
[smg id=7012]

A frightening sky: You can see these clouds move as if it were heavily storming up there, truly realistic:
[smg id=7009]

This is before I got killed. I had a fully equiped gas stove and I even managed to get it to w@&k ^-^
[smg id=7008]

Art Blade

Nice! :) Yesterday for the first time I found a cooking pot in a kitchen and it had 5 slots in a row.

That zombie cross-town run of yours was really funny and now that I know what it was like from your point of view, it's even funnier.  :laugh:

Binnatics

I also found a cooking pot, and have tried to put any type of food in it; the only thing I didn't try was rice, but since the rice uses to vertical slots, I assume that it's not possible either. So for now it's only decoration :-D

Art Blade

I didn't even touch it :)

Considering that most likely there will be hunting and fishing, and that there already are all kinds of items needed to create a nice camp fire and outdoor cooking (matches, gas stoves, stones and firewood, water purification pills) and all those different types of medicine including charcoal tablets, penicillin, syringes, alcohol tincture and so forth I reckon the survival aspect is going to be quite a bit more than just eating canned food and avoiding zombies. :)

Binnatics

Yep, I think you will easily be exposed to life threatening dangers concerning food and drinks. And getting colds and fever and all that, lol :-D

Art Blade

I suspect cholera and stuff like that :) The problem is the education of medical staff. They all learn to treat anything with a lead pill administered with the aid of a firearm.  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳