Far Cry 4

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 05, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Here's the twitch archive links of those two, haven't had a chance to look at them yet very much

http://www.twitch.tv/suushisam/b/541218698

http://www.twitch.tv/eatmydiction1/b/541247465
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I always wished that I could have fired grenades or dropped bombs from the hang gliders in FC3 as I flew over the bad guys. Looks like you can in FC4, from a gyrocopter. Cool :-X The elephant attack was pretty funny. I liked how picked up a bad guy with its trunk and threw him aside :-()

Bad guys who can climb ladders should make for some tougher stealth approaches. I like the grappling hook idea too.

This game might have some promise.

mandru

It does look interesting.  There was something in the way the one developer spoke of the grapple when he introduced it that made me wonder if it could also be used to pull an enemy off a high ledge.  That would be sweet.  >:D

As badly as I was burned by UBI and Gamestop on the pre-purchase content for FC3 and AC3 (because PC versions of those games weren't let in on the deal) there is no way I will ever preorder another UBI game.  Especially not from Gamestop.  I think I'll hang back and allow the inevitable early bug fixes that plague UBI games to be worked out and applied before attempting the Himalayas.

It would be funny if it weren't so annoying but it seems to me the bugs that occur early on with the UPlay Updater are worse than anything I've run into in one of the games.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Uplay early, Upay more ::)

If the game comes out with no updater bugs and requires no post-release patching then I'll know it's just a blissful dream I'm having.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

My UPlay account signature happens to be "Fix the cocked up AC3 updater."
- mandru

Art Blade

they might continue taking their own time.. so it could as well be, "FIX bugs the moment you learn about them" :-()

Art Blade

just by the way, AC4BlackFlag is so bloody bugged..  :D great game, still. That's what angers me, they DO make great games so why the F... don't they make them neat and proper? Would be so much better..  :(

fragger

Speaking of blissful dreams... :-D

I like your new avi, Art :-X That would be Blackbeard, would it not?

Art Blade

ta mate, and it would indeed, wouldn't it  :-()

fragger

:)

I haven't played the game, but I knew about how in reality Blackbeard had a penchant for going into a fight with flaming tapers around his face to freak out his enemies.

The character in your avatar could be none other :-()

Art Blade

true, at least wiki says so  ^-^

fragger

TheStranger

Quote from: Art Blade on June 29, 2014, 02:14:04 PM
just by the way, AC4BlackFlag is so bloody bugged..  :D great game, still. That's what angers me, they DO make great games so why the F... don't they make them neat and proper? Would be so much better..  :(

Is it really full of bugs? The AC series is actually very bugfree. But I didn't read any specific reviews. I only saw that it got very positive reviews.

Art Blade

well..

There was a mission goal, "exit the jungle," which I did, but it wouldn't trigger the next goal (kill the captain) so I had to guess what it was and how to do it and was really lucky I managed to run through ever spawning hordes of enemies, find that captain without any marker and kill him.

There was a mission goal to hire dancers to distract guards and enter a fort. It cost 150 Reales and I didn't have much money. It didn't w@&k so well so I reloaded from the only Checkpoint and hired another crew. I ended up spending 900R that were actually missing from my current amount of money DESPITE reloading from checkpoint. So, you do start over yet the money isn't reset.. what the hell?

There was a mission that required me to sink a Spanish fleet yet there was no fleet. I was looking around for an hour, travelling all across the map. The next day, when I fired up the game, the mission was still on (no way of resetting it) but miraculously, the fleet was right ahead of me.

I managed to board a level 49 man o' war with 80 cargo, the first and only one I acquired so far, which was quite an achievement at that time, and I needed it for the last routes with large cargo shipments. I of course chose to add it to my Kenway's Fleet, yet I could not access it. If you have a specific setup, like all ships are on a mission, you can't salvage a ship from your fleet to make room for a new one, so instead you have to salvage the ship you wanted to add. I couldn't go back, couldn't go forth, I was actually forced to give up on that ship I had fought for so hard. Very sloppy programming and game design, they didn't think it through. It cost me a lot of time in many aspects and was extremely annoying.

Boarding ships is at times too much for the game to w@&k properly with regards to you defending yourself (as in counter attacks) -- it doesn't realise which enemy is attacking or even that an enemy is attacking, you get slashed despite hitting E like a madman. If one man of your crew stands between you and an enemy, the enemy may attack you while you can't counter his attack nor does an attack w@&k (in order not to hit your own guy) and at times your character lunges towards someone you don't see, out of your monitor's peripheral, and you wonder where you are and what you're doing, meanwhile you get attacked and slashed to bits without being able to react properly. So, I actually hate fighting on deck of an enemy ship because there is always a lot of random stuff going on.

And here just a few of the obvious bugs.
[smg id=7120 type=preview align=center caption="AC4BF AI escaped 1"]
[smg id=7121 type=preview align=center caption="AC4BF AI escaped 2"]
[smg id=7122 type=preview align=center caption="AC4BF flying pirates"]
[smg id=7123 type=preview align=center caption="AC4BF map hole"]
[smg id=7124 type=preview align=center caption="AC4BF sinkhole"]
[smg id=7125 type=preview align=center caption="AC4BF sub marine"]
[smg id=7126 type=preview align=center caption="AC4BF vanished ship"]

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

PZ

That's awful! Maybe related to the pc version?  I don't recall any issues with ps3 or ps4 versions

Art Blade

no idea, but I keep having those.

[smg id=7131 type=preview align=center caption="AC4BF trapped inside"]

Binnatics

You failed to board the ship ^-^
Or better, the ship boarded you :laugh:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

you're looking at my own ship. I couldn't leave it. The one to board was right next to it (left hand side) I ended up quitting to main menu and restart, lost the Man o' War and the crew who died tried to board without me was lost, too (had them replaced which again cost time and money) :D

edit: died to board? that looked wrong.. "tried" was what I meant, and that they "died" afterwards was indeed the result  ;)

fragger

I thought maybe you had a serious problem with your bilge pump :-()

mandru

A bilge pump at UBI?  ???

No way!  They'd lose about two thirds of their recycled development content.  :-D
- mandru

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳