Far Cry 4

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 05, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

sounds like a plan  :-()

Survivors may snowboard downhill on the back of that yeti -- kick his head down for brake  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I like your new DayZ avatar, AB  :-X

Art Blade

cheers  :) I took a screenshot and cut it out of the loading screen logo ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Quote from: fragger on May 26, 2014, 04:28:38 PM
So we kick each other in the nuts and then throw ourselves off a cliff?

:-()

Or we can kill enemies with icicles  >:D

Art Blade

:laugh: :-X

Oh yes, crossbows loaded with icicles!  >:D

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Have a nice pre-order bonus!!!! :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, will they rip people off for it like they did last time?
D_B

Art Blade

not going to risk that here

Stiku

Some gameplay material from the E3, that started today.
Spoiler

Dweller_Benthos

If you go to the other video linked there the actual game footage looks interesting. We shall see, though, how linear the missions are.
D_B

Art Blade

agree, looks cool. And co-op is there, too  :-X However, indeed, how linear will it be?

retiredgord

Oh man the description is not looking good. I wonder how I'll get around in the walker. Skis maybe? Do Yetis like OLD people or are they OLD people that have retired to the area?Confusing.  :-D
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

TheStranger

:-D

After watching the videos I am really looking forward. The mountaineous scenario looks way more interesting than the sunny islands. Also I like the cool tools like the grappling hook. Would be nice if it focused a little bit more on the survival aspect like snowstorms and such. Falling rocks are in already. The animal bait could also be a cool feature. The drive by shooting and the driving takedown are also very good ideas - and what is more thrilling than racing along these dangerous cliffs with your car? I smell a bunch of hilarious stunt-videos already  :-D

Dweller_Benthos

Plus you wing suit fans look like you'll have a lot of fun terrain to fly around. I mean, all that looks good, let's just hope they don't screw up the campaign missions, and make them where you walk into a temple or something and it becomes a corridor shooter. If I wanted that, I'd play Wolfenstein New order. Oh wait, I am :-) lol
D_B

Art Blade

:-D

I recall the first images and whatnot about FC2, like that guy whipping out his watch which later in the release version was gone, turned into an alarm clock only available next to a bed. Or, they described the best buddy thingy as something you had to earn, like, it's not easy to make friends, but if you succeed, they'll come (on their own) to your rescue and drag you out of danger.. in the retail version, you couldn't even avoid them. I don't recall anything of the re-release time of FC3, maybe because I thought I wouldn't play it at all, until a friend of mine (Uzi) convinced me the day it was released that it was actually cool (he was one of the first to buy and play it) so I just trusted his judgement and got it the day it was released. But now, FC4, reminds me of the time before FC2 was released. Let's see how much of what they promised and showed us will actually be in the final version..

Wait and see. :)

TheStranger

I recall that I saw the E3 video of FC3 and it was the story mission where you end up in the waterhole, with a stone on your feet. And actually it was exactly as in the video. Of course the missions are more scripted than the openworldgameplay. Maybe the graphic looked better. But FC2 was more different at last than it was presented in the previews. I also think FC4 will be much like what we saw in the video because FC4 is very similar to FC 3. Whereas there are bigger differences between FC2 and FC 3.

Art Blade

Yes, I hope that they'll stick to the stuff they showed. However, I expect lots of epic wingsuit-related faceplant stories  :-()

TheStranger

Hmm I'm not a wingsuit fan. In FC3 I only used it when I was accidentally falling down a mountain  :-D

Binnatics

Checking those previews a few things spring to mind:

"Oh, we've got a new definition of insanity!" :-D

"Look at our new invention; Mountains!!! New we can script the living daylight out if those story missions!!"  8)

"Look at that selfy, is that Jason Brody again?" :-\\

"Rocks and snow, rocks and snow... You know what you get when you mix these two? Cold hands!!!!" :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

:-D :-D

I found this entertaining, and I agree with most of what's said in it:

Far Cry 4: 7 Things We Don't Want

nexor

All we can do is hope.... :-\\

Art Blade

nice vid  :-X ^-^

Dweller_Benthos

Supposedly some real game play going on these two twitch channels later today:

http://www.twitch.tv/suushisam

http://www.twitch.tv/eatmydiction1

Something like 2:30 and 4:30 PST? So starting in about 3 hours?
D_B

Stiku

Tags:
🡱 🡳