Smartphones

Started by Binnatics, January 03, 2014, 09:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

a hint what was on YOUR MIND, perhaps?  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I have the iPhone 4S for a couple of weeks now, and I must admit that it is one of the most brilliant pieces of technology that I held in my hands so far. The thing that puzzles me the most is the fact that, no matter how sharp I focus, I can't see the damn pixels. Incredible. I am already getting used to the ability to check some info online wherever I am, that's nice. Yesterday my sister learnt me to install whatsapp, which is a great functionality. Didn't know so many of my old contacts are still alive and connected, heheh :-D

I like the size of the phone, and the touch screen works marvellous. The only downside so far is the battery runtime. After 4 days or so I have to recharge the phone, and I don't use it a lot, like those phonezombies in the streets. This model phone is known for a good battery runtime, but compared to my old prehistoric phone it is a little disappointment. That thing only needed a plugin every 2 weeks :-D

I found out it's easy to get full internet access in other countries for a minor daily fee so I'm about to fully enjoy this thing on holiday. I remember how hard it was last year to find wifi spots for our iPad, now I can access the internet wherever I want, whenever I want. I think that's going to make life so much easier in Italy ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Excellent Binn, sounds great :-X

Quote from: Binnatics on July 24, 2014, 03:49:52 PM
I found out it's easy to get full internet access in other countries for a minor daily fee so I'm about to fully enjoy this thing on holiday.

I'd have to literally go overseas to try that. It's totally outside of my experience to be able to get into a car and drive into another country :-()

Quote from: Binnatics on July 24, 2014, 03:49:52 PM
...those phonezombies...

Nice expression :laugh:

mandru

Here's a quick phone hack Binn.

If you are playing one of those downloadable games that keeps pestering you with annoying advertisements simply switch over to the "Airplane Mode".  That should block all the ads letting you play uninterrupted.

Now as to whether calls will still come through or not I've no idea but when it gets right down to it "When you're gaming who wants phone calls?"
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good tip, mandru  :-X

Binnatics

Quote from: mandru on July 26, 2014, 07:46:52 AM
Here's a quick phone hack Binn.

If you are playing one of those downloadable games that keeps pestering you with annoying advertisements simply switch over to the "Airplane Mode".  That should block all the ads letting you play uninterrupted.

Now as to whether calls will still come through or not I've no idea but when it gets right down to it "When you're gaming who wants phone calls?"

That is indeed a very useful tip Mandru!!! My daughter plays a lot of these free games on her Ipad and she gets pretty annoyed by these freaking disturbances every few minutes. Now she'll be able to game fly without turbulence heheh ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳