GTA V Tips and Tricks

Started by Art Blade, September 25, 2013, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Still, my question remains unanswered:

Quote from: Binnatics on October 15, 2013, 01:53:19 PM
...Is that same bridge represented in GTA V?...

Well, I thought let's google for screens of GTA V bridges, and I could only find this one here, that comes the closest:
[smg id=6396]

What I was already thinking, the bridge at the start-screen of that video is probably just there because the creator likes it, uh, drools over it :-()

Funny side note when you google "bridges GTA V" you see a nice collection of real bridges and in-game equivalents from both GTA San Andreas and GTA V ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

durian

Quote from: fragger on October 16, 2013, 03:15:04 AM

Some call San Francisco "Sydney's sister city". Why I don't know, they're nothing like one another...
I don't know either but there are countless sisters who are not like one another, for instance, my mom and my younger aunts. People are often suprised to know that they're sisters; or they'd thought my mom and my aunties are just half sisters  ;D

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

One minor tip regarding the mission "I fought the law.."

I've watched that mission five times already. Every time a different player. Every time one traffic accident at the same spot. Maybe you can avoid it :)

Spoiler
it's the mission that involves a high speed race on a highway; Franklin is chasing two sports cars while Michael and Trevor are playing cops who are waiting for the three cars to pass in order to pursue them for speeding and subsequently steal the two leading cars. Before Franklin calls Michael and Trevor to inform them that they're about to pass their location, that accident has always happened.

So.. I found a milestone that will help you determine when it's going to happen to you. After you started the race, about three minutes into the race you will see: at night -- to your right hand side way ahead of you a lot of street lamp lights close to one another, like a string of pearls, that belong to some kind of refinery -- at daytime and night time: there are also a lot of huge tall silos probably 30ft or taller, lined up alongside the highway, well visible IF you know what you're looking for.

Usually the orange car is in the lead, the second blue car is in front of you and before you reach those silos (they will be very close already, tall, well visible to your right, the blue car will brake hard and you will bump into it. It is almost unavoidable.

Just try NOT to be closely behind the blue car when you see the silos, try the left lane or slow down a little, just try to avoid the braking blue car ahead of you.

Would be fun to trick the game by not colliding with it  :)

watch 10:20 onwards, after passing the white-lit truck on the left, you'll see those lamps and then the silos and then BANG...  :)
Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5) Walkthrough - Part 55 "I Fought The Law" Gameplay Playthrough PC XBOX
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Dang, I hope this game goes PC

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on October 19, 2013, 10:12:58 AM
Dang, I hope this game goes PC

Dang :D Dang :D Dang :D

...me too :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

The bottom line is that Rockstar is interested in their "bottom line".  It does not matter what the public opinion is regarding a PC release - if Rockstar sees profit, they will release it, if they do not then there will not be a release.

fragger

That's true, PZ.

But geez, talk about being considered guilty by association! I've never bought a pirated game in my life, just as I have never stolen anything in my life, and I'd like to meet some of those petitioners and ask them to explain to me why a working, law-abiding, tax-paying citizen like myself has to be excluded from enjoying a particular game simply because I own a PC and therefore need to be "taught a lesson".

It's the petitioners who need to be taught a lesson - about the narrow-mindedness of indiscriminate condemnation of groups based on an "us vs. them" attitude. We all know what the ultimate expression of that is.

Can 4,600 people be wrong? Why, yes, they can ::)

Art Blade

the funny thing is, they ask for something that has been in place all the time which is the reason why others try to change it. And I admire the timing, too. 4.6k vs 600+k is enthusiastic.

Art Blade

Another tip which I just picked up

"Don't spend money on cars you don't own." (referring to chop shops, tuning random cars)

The guy said he lost a couple of fully pimped-out cars and was wondering what happened. If you park your (random) car anywhere or drive to a mission in them and then have to change vehicles and so on, your car will be towed to the impound lot but won't stay there forever.. if you miss fetching it, it will be gone (and the money spent on tuning it).

I also heard a couple of times that saving cars in your garages won't always w@&k, so.. the only cars that will always stay with you and be spawned after a mission so you can drive away in them or get spawned at your house are the characters' own special cars. Pimp them instead :) Might save you quite some money.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 24, 2013, 04:53:00 PM
Another tip which I just picked up

"Don't spend money on cars you don't own." (referring to chop shops, tuning random cars)

The guy said he lost a couple of fully pimped-out cars and was wondering what happened. If you park your (random) car anywhere or drive to a mission in them and then have to change vehicles and so on, your car will be towed to the impound lot but won't stay there forever.. if you miss fetching it, it will be gone (and the money spent on tuning it).

I also heard a couple of times that saving cars in your garages won't always w@&k, so.. the only cars that will always stay with you and be spawned after a mission so you can drive away in them or get spawned at your house are the characters' own special cars. Pimp them instead :) Might save you quite some money.

Good to know  :-X

Art Blade

also, that impound lot apparently only saves the last two cars that you.. what, used? lost? gave up when going on a mission? drove before getting into another car?

That is something worth investigating. I'd get a somehow good car like the Adder, a Bugatti Veyron lookalike which you can find when exiting Michael's house and drive straight downhill past the massive horse statue, on the right hand side in the parking lane. If it isn't there, drive away and return until it shows up which it eventually will. Now the hard part.. abandon it and use just ONE more car to drive to the impound lot and check whether or not your Adder is there.. experiment with that to find out how that impound lot works. If actually changing cars already puts it there, then changing cars isn't fun any more in case you were using a tuned or rare car.

Please let me know what you find out if you are willing to test it :)

By the way, you can buy a garage somewhat in the centre of the city (if I remember correctly, for $30,000) that will store cars and reward cars. That garage seems to be safe.

Binnatics

Interesting tips Art. Would like to investigate that impound lot, and find the idea of the game towing your abandoned cars away to an impound very cool :) I can imagine you are in a situation where you want to be sure not to lose your car when confronted with an unexpected situation, and this is certainly a cool feature to count with ^-^

I am also very interested in how unsafe or unstable these garages are. Usually they become unstable when stacked with too many vehicles. This garage problem seems to be an ever returning bug in the GTA series. I remember back in GTA III I was already trying to store more than the maximum of 2 (or 3) cars in a garage, by blocking the hatch or rapidly enter a car and drive it inside before the hatch closes.  8)

Anyway, since in GTA IV you only had parking space on the streets, I'm glad the garages are back ;)

Art Blade

indeed, the parking space outside the house in GTAIV caused me a lot of trouble. The cars never disappeared because of a glitch but by crazy AI drivers that slammed into them pushing them out the parking space and.. gone. I know that because I once looked back and saw a police car and paramedic rush through the street by my house and slam into my parked car which got shifted into the street by that accident. In garages, that is not going to happen to them :)

Art Blade

I just need to post this next tip. Maybe a bit late but you never know, perhaps good for your second time.

The first heist crew you pick can be the foundation of your future heists. Remember my previous tip regarding heists? Well, the goal is to always pick the same members in future heists so it is important that they survive. Bearing that in mind, here are additional tips:

Jewellery Heist: The Crew for the Stealth Approach
including a tip regarding The Bureau Raid Firemen Approach

Spoiler

I watched seven different players do this. Funny, they all chose the stealth approach so I can report my observations and tell you my deduction :)

The Driver.
Eddie Toh is expensive at 14% but he's also responsible for getaway cars and other vehicles which will play a major role in future heists, making things a lot easier. I'd use him if you want to avoid extremely hazardous future missions. However, you can still pick him later but he'll miss out on 25% skill improvement for this job which you might regret..

Karim Denz, 10%. Gets a job done. Only 4% cheaper than the best.. might as well spend those 4% on a real pro.

The Gunman:
Gustavo Mota, again expensive at 14% but.. he is the reason why I post this tip. Take him. The reasons: a) if you choose Norm Richards at 7%, Norm will die. Always has. If you do, he will miss the tunnel entrance and hit the wall, causing him to drop about $1,500,000 worth of loot. If you chose him, at least make sure to pick up his loot or you'll lose $1.5m. I've seen only one player who actually picked it up. b) Now that you know that you might lose $1.5m and that you will lose Norm, you'll see how you'll also lose 25% experience on a gunman. And losing a crew member isn't exactly cool, either, since you will still have to pay his cut to his family, in the worst case out of a pot that he caused to be $1.5m short. And, the next heist.. you'll have to hire a more expensive guy because Norm won't be available any more.. In other words, Norm will cost you dearly, no matter what.

Norm Richards at 7%. Dead man walking. One more thing, but I'm not sure whether it was Norm who croaked during a different heist and I saw someone croak, that's entirely possible:(*) The next time you need a gunman and if you chose Mota for this heist, you might want to choose Norm for the next, but he might die then rather than now. I wouldn't risk it because of the aforementioned reasons. I think Trevor's meth cook "Chef" will step up and fill in for 12% some time soon (not for this heist, though) which will be a good asset like Rickie Lukens but if you already chose Mota, I'd stick with him. 2% difference in cut but at least 25% difference in experience plus Mota is a real pro.

(*)Just checked, it was both Norm Richards and some Daryl Johns, too, if chosen, who croaked during "The Bureau Raid" while Mota survived. :-D Hugh Welsh croaked, too.

The Hacker.
Rickie Lukens. 4%. I hope that you've already received a call from the lifeinvader nerd who will then be available as a potential crew member and he's bloody cheap and his skills are sufficient for the jobs to come. He'll gain 25% experience each time you use him so that guy is a great asset. Things will not run perfectly easy but doable, don't worry. I'd take him because he's the guy who'll improve your own cut by not having to pay 11% of the total sums of any upcoming heists and that will add up nicely.

Paige Harris, 15%, a guaranteed success, she'll give you lots of time to do stuff during your missions and make them easier. Damn expensive, though. You see, if you have chosen Toh and Mota and now her, you'll have to pay 14+14+15=43% of the total cut to your crew.. easy playing but expensive, too.

Christian Feltz, 10%. Can't tell you anything about him except he's only 5% cheaper than the best, Paige, so that's probably why nobody chose him. Maybe give him a shot? I don't think I would :-D

Good luck :)

Binnatics

Excellent explanation Art!! :-X

Man I'm running warm for that PC version  fo'sho! ^-^

Art Blade

Thanks, Binnatics :)

A'igh', yeah man, I'm down, too, do'! :-D

Art Blade

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on October 24, 2013, 07:23:28 PMalso, that impound lot apparently only saves the last two cars that you.. what, used? lost? gave up when going on a mission? drove before getting into another car?

Apparently only your tuned cars go into the impound lot, looks as if they were the respectively last two cars per playable character. I guess so because I found a vid about getting mission cars; also, if you follow the link at the end of the vid for the updated vid, "2 cars", you'll see it backs it up even more. During the mission go to Los Santos Customs ("chop shop") and buy the cheapest upgrade you can find, finish the mission and drive straight to the impound lot, pay $250 and get your tuned mission car. :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9hxsQgOSw0

Art Blade

vids in the spoilers so they don't inflate this post too much.
You may remember I already posted a tip NOT to do Lester's assassination missions too early.

Stock Market Basics, Early Game money:
early game stock market

Later in game: LESTER'S ASSASSINATIONS influence on stock market, make Money! Stock Market explained, 2 parts, make a BILLION $  ??? :)
part 1
part 2

Art Blade

glitch: Buy any property and get 100% of your money back, right away. You must have enough money to purchase the property but you will get your money back. In other words, free properties. :)

GTA V How to Get FREE Properties! Gta 5 Houses and Apartments Tips and Tricks

Art Blade

Savegame trick with stock market:

Invest money in (low priced) stocks, do a quicksave and reload it. The reload refreshes the stock market randomly and if you're lucky, you miraculously made a profit just by reloading a quicksave. Reload until you see profit.. ??? :-X

GTA V | How To Get "Rich" | Make 1,000,000,000!

Art Blade

Need a new addition to your heist crew? A new driver is available.

Taliana Martinez, at your disposal after helping her out (random event). Go to the very north of the map, you'll see yellow to the left (desert) but look to the right, there is a little loop in the road, not far from there to the right. Franklin finds a burning car wreck at night between both lanes, a body next to it and an injured girl in the road -- your future driver. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳