GTA V Tips and Tricks

Started by Art Blade, September 25, 2013, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good one - added to the OWG play list for GTA V  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: GKID7891 on April 16, 2015, 01:28:06 PM
You get between 10-15% discount on weapons and armour at AmmuNation if you complete all of them  ;)  :-D

I decided to finish that with M so I found out that actually, if you get GOLD in every competition, it's 25%  :-D

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on October 26, 2013, 11:28:54 PM
Thank you, PZ :) For some reason what I've done here reminds me of you: By the time I get the game, I'm likely to have forgot at least some of the details so those tips will serve me, too. This is for future reference.  :-()

Funny, sifting through this topic.. actually I haven't forgot the stuff here but instead, I can test those tips and add details to them. :)

For instance, I knew exactly where to find the driver but not that she will only be available after the mission "Mr Philips" or some such. She can be picked up by any character and apparently time doesn't play a role, either. Same with Packie, I knew where to find him but not that you can pick him up with all characters, same goes for when - day and night. I thought only at night.

Or, flipping the bird - I knew that you can do it but not how: in a vehicle, you have to select empty hands rather than a pistol. Aiming is the key to use, at anyone you aim your hand, you'll show the finger instead.

So much fun  :-D

OWGKID

Quote from: Art Blade on April 16, 2015, 07:25:19 PM
I decided to finish that with M so I found out that actually, if you get GOLD in every competition, it's 25%  :-D

Nice, I struggle to get gold on some of the shotgun challenges  :-\\ 25% isn't bad at all ^-^ :-D :-() >:D
Btw, those discounts are character specific, Michael is the only one who can get the 25% discount. Franklin and Trevor can get 10-15% discount.

Btw, I don't know if any of you have got the railgun as a reward (only players returning from the PS3/Xbox 360 get it). If you kill yourself (any character) when doing this challenge, you get the railgun for FREE ??? >:D :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

Character specific? Oh, that's mean. I had F get gold in all competitions as well. :angry-new:

However.. practice pays off. At least both F and M have now acquired 100/100 shooting ability. :-()

A tip..

There is one side mission for M called Exercising Demons

how to get 100% and gold

I watched so many playthroughs that showed M nearly croak at the end, like health going red and pulsating and they finished at like 10% of M's health bar and not all of them won, despite the torture. So I decided to train my guys and had both M and F run and cycle a lot until they got their stamina up to 100/100. And this is the result for M's effort:
[smg id=7810 type=preview align=center caption="M on the run"]
[smg id=7809 type=preview align=center caption="Exercising Demons"]

OWGKID

And the ability to carry 9999 bullets :laugh: :laugh: >:D >:D
LEGACY

Art Blade

>:D

Here's something for you guys which you may want to try - meet up and hang out with friends while changing vehicles :)

First, how I happened to do it..
I was driving around as M when I stumbled upon something that looked like a parking lot of a cab business, it was filled with at least 5 yellow Declasse Tornado, Sports Classics. So I thought hell, might be fun to drive in one of those and parked my stolen car next to one of those going-to-be-stolen cars. Smashed in the driver's side window and got in.. when all of a sudden loads of red blips appeared on the mini map just around my position and I heard a couple of guys yell and one shouted, "what the f@#k, my whip!" So I had just nicked a car off a yellow-wearing gang and boy was I freaking out not to get killed right there and then. The car and I survived albeit both of us had taken considerable damage. I then remembered the trick to switch between characters in order to miraculously heal wounds and dents and at the time I decided to meet up with F so he could take over the car because F already owns that 30k garage where to store additional vehicles.

I kept switching between the two of them and all the time directing them towards the same spot (F's house in "the hood") and then I managed to really see F in his car while I was driving up as M in that yellow gang car.

I heard both of them exchanging a few lines like "hey is that you, what a coincidence, want to hang out?"  -- So we decided to do just that and I had M get out and F get into the car - ready to get stored in his garage  :-()

[smg id=7811 type=preview align=center caption="M meets F"]

PZ

OWGKID

Another good idea would be raiding the Fort Zancudo flight control tower  :-D >:D On the top floor, go into a door on the left, get in and grab the minigun. The Minigun spawns every 30-90 seconds so if you have maxed the shooting skills and are willing to spend 5+ minutes idle, I'd recommend to do this :-()

NOTE: QUICK SAVING AND LOADING CAN BE DONE (FASTER PICKUP THAT WAY), BUT BEWARE, SOME SOLDIERS WILL SPAWN IN THAT ROOM AFTER EACH GAME RELOAD AND KILL YOU!
LEGACY

Art Blade

Thanks PZ :)

Minigun spawning there, eh? Alright GKID, nice  >:D

Binnatics

Excellent tips guys! +1 for Art, and +1 for GKID! :-X :-X :)

I will have to check on my shootings stats and discount for Franklin. I did all the challenges in the shooting range with him @ gold medals. So I should also be 100/100 I guess ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

thanks, Binnatics :)

It's not the gold medals that give you 100/100 but how often you get bullseye or headshots and so on. That is why I recommended the AP pistol, to be able to get loads of centre hits in a short amount of time.

Binnatics

I vmaxed out the shooting with Franklin indeed. Must've been the shooting range, and getting gold must've awarded me with a discount on weaponry. But I didn't get a prompt or something, so I have no idea what it really is... I'll find out eventually ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Quote from: GKID7891 on April 16, 2015, 10:57:09 PMBtw, those discounts are character specific, Michael is the only one who can get the 25% discount. Franklin and Trevor can get 10-15% discount.

Your information differs from my experience -- maybe you need to check your gold medals again.

I just had to buy a weapon for a mission playing as Franklyn and he got 25% discount, too (also, all shooting range challenges gold)

Art Blade

Having to walk the dog on occasion, the place of choice where to do so is a sports stadium. There, throwing Chop's ball (note "ball" is singular) at some of the local exercising athletes, some of those spontaneously develop a dire desire to come for me (unfortunately without the ball) which in turn allows Chop to both bring the ball back as well as to enjoy a rather welcome opportunity to chase after and chew on said athletes.

I recommend you take Chop to the stadium and have some fun :-()

[smg id=7813 type=preview align=center caption="exercising chop"]

OWGKID

Quote from: Art Blade on April 17, 2015, 09:11:03 PM
Your information differs from my experience -- maybe you need to check your gold medals again.

I just had to buy a weapon for a mission playing as Franklyn and he got 25% discount, too (also, all shooting range challenges gold)

Okay  ???? Hmm, that was the case on the 360. GTA V PC received an update yesterday and R* could have changed the discount thingy from the 7-gen versions  ;)

The railgun trick didn't worked (PATCHED)  :'( :'( :'(
LEGACY

PZ

Good tip on the stadium  :-X

You look like Clarence Williams III in The Mod Squad

Art Blade

Art Blade

Something else to do with Chop: Go to a very busy road and throw the ball to the other side. Then place a bet on either

a) he will make it without getting run over by at least one car
or
b) he won't make it without getting run over by at least one car

:-D

[smg id=7817 type=preview align=center caption="let's go Chopping"]

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on October 25, 2013, 08:00:54 PM
Need a new addition to your heist crew? A new driver is available.

Taliana Martinez, at your disposal after helping her out (random event). Go to the very north of the map, you'll see yellow to the left (desert) but look to the right, there is a little loop in the road, not far from there to the right. Franklin finds a burning car wreck at night between both lanes, a body next to it and an injured girl in the road -- your future driver. :)

This random event will be unlocked as soon as you unlock Trevor Philips and are allowed to free-roam. She can be picked up by all three characters at any time.

[smg id=7829 type=preview align=center caption="finding Taliana"]

However.. I didn't know she could bloody die on me  ???

On the way to her destination, she started to mention something about how she wouldn't make it and Trevor casually remarked, "I wish I could say that you were the first person I saw die today" (a more or less accurate quote) and a little later she whimpered, "not like that, not like that.." and when I got there Trevor said something like, "is she dead? Yes.. they come and they go."

[smg id=7828 type=preview align=center caption="oops the driver's dead"]

I just lost too much time. You have to consider that you find her lying on the ground and next to her a burning car wreck, she's bleeding badly. So you need to pick her up and get away with her before the cops arrive (that's the story of that random event) and.. before she bleeds out (that's something I had to find out the hard way)

Mistakes I made:

- I arrived on a bike that I couldn't use to get away with her, took some time to realise
- I couldn't trigger the event from the bike (took a little time to realise how to) so I had to be on foot
- I had to find a car which meant stop a car on some type of motorway, avoiding to get run over
- the car I stopped was the bloody opposite of a sports car, i.e. too slow
- I crashed into a maniac AI driver shortly before I reached the destination, slowing me down.
- using Trevor without maxing out his poor driving skills, the car was a tad difficult to drive.

In other words: It's probably a good idea to use Franklin and to get a fast car BEFORE you find her.

I had to reload a previous savegame in order to undo that little mishap.  :-()

Art Blade

I'm pleased to tell you that Trevor managed this time.  :-X :)

Spoiler

[smg id=7830 type=preview align=center caption="rescuing angel 01"]
[smg id=7831 type=preview align=center caption="rescuing angel 02"]
[smg id=7832 type=preview align=center caption="rescuing angel 03"]

OWGKID

LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳