GTA V Tips and Tricks

Started by Art Blade, September 25, 2013, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nice finds, AB - I didn't know any of them +1  :-X

Art Blade

thank you, PZ :)

I hear the game is supposed to be released for PC around the same time as AC:unity (November 11, 2014) and other games like FC4 and The Crew. About bloody time! And what an amount of games in November!

Can't wait to get my hands on this one, though. Everything else is secondary.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I probably need to fire up GTAV again - can't remember much of it at this time.  From what I remember, it was much like Watch Dogs, which I occasionally play at this time.

The game I'm most looking forward to is AC5, and secondarily, FC4.  I am really looking forward to JC3, but even the rumors are no earlier than spring 2015

Art Blade

I hadn't even heard of JC3, nice :) Yep, AC5/unity is definitely on top of my list (I even pre-ordered it already) but it is still in 2nd place after GTAV.  :-D If I were you, having played GTAV, I'd put that on top of my list, too.

Binnatics

"Cheesy vaginas!!!" That's a lot of info on side missions :o

Good finds :-X :) I will wait watching them until the real release. You know me :angel:

GTA 5 is on top of my list too. Most definitely. On the second spot is The Crew. FC4 is on top of my bargain bin-list. And AC5 will have to wait, too. I'm also looking forward to Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, but I'm afraid I don't have time left for this number 3 on my list 8)

I've got a luxury problem. Haven't we all? :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

yep, complaining at a very high level.  :-()

Art Blade

Playlist of 41 vids for ALL trophies and side missions which I had to post as "code" because the forum cuts off the playlist bit after the vid URL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlbjx8spf7Y&index=1&list=PLQ3KzJPBsAHkmIIrAv_sd_UwoA4FhdUCG

Here one of them:
GTA 5 - Mrs Philips [Strangers and Freaks]

Binnatics

:laugh: :-X

Crazy s#!t! That Deludamol made me think of the Quaaludes in The Wolf of Wallstreet ^-^

Why the hell is Trevor wearing a dress ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

That is due to one of his random "wake-ups" when a player switches from either Franklin or Michael to Trevor. Trevor can be found waking up on a deserted little isle with five dead bodies spread out on the beach while he is only wearing underpants and has got a bottle in his hand. Or he wakes up in an empty container. Or, like this here, wearing a dress. Stuff like that :)

Binnatics

:laugh: :-X

I love Trevor already 8)

Art Blade

although he's the worst socio- and psychopath I've ever seen portrayed, he has got his merits. >:D

OWGKID

Not sure if the topic covers this, but here's a good way to get most of the money out of the Jewel Store heist/The Big Score

The Jewel Store Heist
Spoiler

• Gunman: Patrick McReary
  • Getaway driver: Karim Denz
  • Hacker: Rickie Lukens
Profit: 1,2 million $ for Michael

The Big Score (obvious)
Spoiler

• Gunman 1: Karl Abolji/Hugh Welsh
  • Gunman 2: Daryl Johns/Norm Richards
  • Driver (Helicopter): Taliana Martinez
  • Driver (Train): Karim Denz
Any cheap gunman will do and have the cheapest driver (Taliana on the heli/Karim on the train). Profits: +41 million dollars after the final mission (Either ending A, B or C)
LEGACY

Binnatics

I am about to do the Jewelry store heist, and have, of course, Packie as the gunman >:D
If Rickie is the guy you met at LifeInvader it's the one I hired.
And I hired the getaway driver with the bet skills. Not sure what his name was, but I think it was Karim indeed :)

PZ

Art Blade

where did you find Packie and which character were you playing?

Just asking because there are more than one locations he may pop up and I don't know whether or not only one character (say, Michael) can find him.

Binnatics

Good question!

I was playing Michael, and I think he is the one that is required for the finding of Packie, because he immediately refers to the possible necessity of a good shooter in the near future.
I encountered Packie when Packie and a friend of his are robbing someone. It's a random event in a small shopping street, shown with blue blips on the radar. Blue blips meaning 'friendly' people. I helped them out being the gettaway driver for them, and have to shake off the cops.
I really have no idea where it was :-\\

I must say I was pleasantly surprised finding Packie ^-^

Art Blade

I posted about him long ago in this tips topic, would have been interesting. Once I find him, I'll let you know where (see whether or not it's the same location I posted long ago) :)

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on October 25, 2013, 09:11:44 PM
Another new heist crew member, a gunman, can be unlocked (random event) when playing as Michael.

Packie McReary from Dukes, Liberty City, (a GTA IV character) can be found robbing a pharmacy/grocery "Dollar Pills" to the right looking North on Carson Ave, Strawberry, probably only at night. It's in the city, not far to the North is a car wash and to the right of the car wash is some clothing shop and a bit to the Northeast from there is a strip club. Same distance from the Dollar Pills to the Southeast is a barber shop. Help Packie get away. So obviously he isn't a driver and not a hacker, but he mentions that he can handle himself and asks, "you ever hear of something, a score that needs bodies, would you think of me?" which can only mean that he's a gunman. He'll then be available. :)

Art Blade

Just checked one of the locations where he might show up, the one stated above

screenshots of the location
[smg id=7804 type=preview align=center caption="find Packie 0101"]
[smg id=7805 type=preview align=center caption="find Packie 0102"]
[smg id=7806 type=preview align=center caption="find Packie 0103"]
[smg id=7807 type=preview align=center caption="find Packie 0104"]

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

yes indeed, nice! Thanks for the character info +1 :-X :)

I noticed that you found him around Sunday at midnight in exact the same spot I did, while I found him on a Tuesday at around 1 AM.  :-() I was late the first time I tried, saw the cops arrive and the blips disappeared. The second time worked just nicely, using a savegame that was made just minutes before the event took place.

so.. location CONFIRMED  :-X
characters: MICHAEL and FRANKLYN :-X

[smg id=7808 type=preview align=center caption="find Packie 0105"]

Art Blade

A new TIP regarding your characters' shooting abilities

You may want to get them to 100/100. We know that headshots improve your stats, or, seen as a small subtarget = head out of body, same with bullseye on a shooting range target.. you may want to go to a shooting range.

Just choose the AP Pistol and the second challenge with moving targets. Allows for a LOT of hits in the centre, hence increasing your stats very quickly. You don't have to do ALL the challenges, just that one, it's the fastest.

OWGKID

You get between 10-15% discount on weapons and armour at AmmuNation if you complete all of them  ;)  :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

good point..  :-()

I did all of them with F, but I might now as well do it with the rest of the lot :)

+1  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳