back in the day: GTA San Andreas

Started by Binnatics, September 23, 2013, 02:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Well, I don't think there's something like a horizontal distortion. The perspective looks indeed a bit hard, but not stretched to me. Anyway, to my surprise the game let me choose for 1920-1080 resolution witch fetches exactly my screen side :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

guys, seriously? You didn't see the moon and the radar? Both should be circles but hey, they're horizontally stretched out into ellipses.

(pics by Binnatics)
[smg id=6292 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=6297 type=link align=center width=500]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Hm, yeah, you got a point there. I'll refocus on the issue in-game. Try to see what's happening with different configurations.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

looks as if objects (cars, houses, avatars and so forth) aren't affected, only some graphics like background and sky, and maybe overlays like the radar.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Binnatics

I made it out of the city. Of course, our so called homies Big Smoke and Rider betrayed us, got my brother Sweat rotting in prison and I got thrown back into some dirty trailer in a place called Angle Pine. But damn, I rediscovered K-Rose:

K Rose - One Step Forward +Lyrics

^-^

Binnatics

And here's some countryside impressions:

Left in the dark by Tenpenny and his corrupt friends. (Btw, some excellent voice acting by Samuel Jackson there ;))
[smg id=6320]

Climbing Mount Chilliad
[smg id=6321]

Heheh, this police car must have had a heavy chase in the hills :-()
[smg id=6322]

I met this crazy Mexican chic that brought me on a trip to steal a truck-trailer
[smg id=6323]

Cruzin' through the hills ^-^
[smg id=6324]

Dr. Earnhardt's predecessor; The Truth
[smg id=6325]

Mourning damp....
[smg id=6326]

Hillside view over San Fierro and the local airfield
[smg id=6327]

Harvesting the ranchers (look at the tiny guy to the front-right :-D
[smg id=6328]

Bloody straw >:D
[smg id=6329]

durian

Your new avy is much better  :-X  :)
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

agree  :-D

and man, am I glad I don't have to listen to that hillbilly song any longer.

Pics look good, Binnatics :)

Binnatics

Art Blade

seriously? well, as long as you enjoy listening to it, OK, but I don't mind staying FAR AWAY from it myself :-D

Binnatics

Well, you might want to take a look here: GTA V radio stations poll

Plenty to choose from ^-^ :-X

Art Blade

seen it :) I can't choose yet.. will have to wait for the PC version  :(

Binnatics

Art Blade

As far as I know that Rebel Radio is a hillbilly music station and this time I'm really, really glad I can't listen to it because of GEMA. :-D

Binnatics

PZ

Great stuff Binn!  +1  :-X

Decades ago I knew a guy that looked like that old hippy  :-()

... called him "Ace the space case" - he was a member of the Hells Angels in San Diego

Binnatics

San Diego... San Fiero... could be a coincidence  :-D

Binnatics

Art Blade

that is probably related to me currently downloading GTA:SanAndreas, courtesy of Binnatics.  :-D +1 :-X

PZ

Art Blade

I wouldn't have done it, no way I'd get a game from 2008 these days, but now that I know a) all GTA fans liked GTA:SA best and b) San Andreas being part of GTAV again.. there was only one logical decision: get it, while waiting for GTAV. :)

Binnatics

^-^ :-X

This feels almost like the outcome of that famous Portal 2 contest :-D

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 04, 2013, 01:12:42 PM
I wouldn't have done it, no way I'd get a game from 2008 these days, but now that I know a) all GTA fans liked GTA:SA best and b) San Andreas being part of GTAV again.. there was only one logical decision: get it, while waiting for GTAV. :)

Very reasonable logic

Tags:
🡱 🡳