Started by Binnatics, September 23, 2013, 02:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 13, 2013, 10:53:42 AM
see previous post
[smg id=6381 type=preview align=center caption="moon"]
What a short fat guy  :-()

Art Blade

yep, it's the lack of a correct 16:9 or 16:10 resolution for sky and mini map images.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

some of those missions are insanely difficult. The most recent one was a timed event during which I had to steal four police motorbikes and drive each of them onto a moving packer which was circling the city. Basically: Find the target, steal it before the cop drives away with it (costs time), find the packer on the highway circling the city, drive onto it while it is still in motion (not that difficult), get off the packer, find any vehicle to get back into the city to find the next target bike, rinse and repeat. All that at 2-star wanting level and traffic and only 12 real time minutes of gameplay. Took a while until I figured out it was best to "collect" and deliver clockwise (following the route of the packer) and that it was best to arrive at a bike in a car so I could run over the cop before he took off. I did manage after a few trials.

Before that, another mission, the game design tricked me at first until I found a simple solution. I had to drive to a mining site and steal four packs of dynamite which were packed in some nearly indestructible crates scattered over the site. I needed "something heavy" to destroy the crates which turned out to be a bloody huge truck with which I had to drive over the crates, get out and collect the dynamite, find the next crate, rinse and repeat. Only problem: four minutes of time until the rigged dynamite set off. The solution I found was simple (after I figured out the problem was the time until.. someone.. had to push the button to blow the stuff up). I killed the foreman who couldn't push the trigger any more >:D timer stopped, all the time in the world to get the mission over with.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Gah, and another one: "New Model Army." One of those blasted Zero's missions.

Timed event, again. Two bases at the respectively opposing end of a narrow but lengthy terrain. Zero's Model car starts off his base and tries to get across a model terrain (no man's land) while Berkley (Zero's rival) tries to stop Zero by using model tanks, barrels that block Zero's path, and river crossings without planks for bridges. You control a model chopper with a magnet hanging from it and need to fetch stuff like a plank from Zero's base and drop it onto the crossing so Zero's toy car may pass. Berkley's tanks actually shoot and can destroy the model car which means Zero will have to use his two remaining cars from his base and start all over while the time keeps ticking away. Meanwhile Berkley controls a mini chopper that keeps dropping barrels on Zero's path while I need to remove those obstacles, place planks to build bridges, stop tanks by either grabbing a bomb from the base and drop it onto the tank or use barrels lying around and drop those onto the tanks which also causes them to blow up. What sounds like fun isn't, the timer at 8 minutes is relatively short. Mostly because that toy chopper you need to manoeuvre around (it is supposed to be an RC chopper) is so F@#&%$§ difficult to control. Of course you don't control it like one of those choppers you can fly around with in GTASA, no, of course not. The camera doesn't follow properly which means you watch the chopper turn around and stuff but you need to use both of your hands to control the chopper and if you want to control the camera you will have to let go of the chopper control and back and forth switching between camera and control and being precise with it (dropping or picking up stuff) isn't exactly a joyride like that. Sod this §#&% >:((

Binnatics

Oh, I see you posted another mission report, will catch up later,. First I wanted to respond on the earlier post about the quarry mission with the dynamite and the other with the police bikes. I figured you started the real "San Andreas Heist" in Venturas, heheh ^-^

The mission with the police vehicles is too long ago for me, haven't yet done it on the current playthrough to know the best way to do it. But killing the foreman is an excellent solution to the matter at the quarry. I had not any problem getting all the dynamite in time, because probably I was a bit more comfortable with that huge truck you mentioned.

btw, how did you like the flying school?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I really dislike timed events. I realize these kinds of missions are designed for the run and gun gamer, but I prefer finesse.

Binnatics

Hahahahaha :laugh: :laugh: ^-^ :-X

Love your struggle with the RC chopper in that fucked up setup where you have to finally destroy the sucker. Good description though, it is a tough mission indeed. Once you get a hang of flying the chopper it is not hard anymore, but I had a weird problem being the game to crash every time I 'just' completed that struggle. And I hadn't saved in between the other RC bandit struggles, the one where you have to chase guys through the city with a RC chopper with a minigun equipped  ::) so I ahd to complete all these darn :D :D missions again to get the asset there. Finally I put myself to save after every bit of mission and got the asset. Never returned to collect the money though :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Flying school was a chore because of the way the plane reacted. It was as if it had a delay between telling it what to do and it actually doing what I told it to do. Like, flying through those auras, I can't count the times I got lost and had to fly around trying to find the next aura (like a loop you need to fly through). Then, I clearly saw it ahead, "aimed" for it, steered towards it and it looked as if I was a little too low so I corrected the path but it kind of didn't react and then overreacted which meant that, starting the maneouvre like only 10 yards away from the loop, I managed to miss the loop completely, overshot, and had to fly back. Took quite some time to learn the track and perhaps five trials later I managed to finish it. The chopper was a little easier although the target practice was horrible, too. Took me forever to control the chopper so I could destroy ground targets. The funniest bit was the parachute jump which I failed the first time (landed in the outer ring rather than in the centre) but managed to get it sorted the second time through. The missions that required me to fly a chopper or a plane and to jump off with the chute, however, were flawless -- I enjoyed the chute precision landing at the dam, landed right on the spot :)

The crate and dynamite was stupid but killing the foreman was a simple solution so once I figured that out it was easy enough although I can't count how many times I fell off with the dirt bike when I had to escape the mining site. Kept missing jumps and had to drive all the way back and again up those conveyor belts, jump, blah..  :D

The toy army mission with that RC chopper is currently killing me. WHAT A F***ING CRAP MISSION!!!  >:(( Ahhh finally managed. You don't destroy the sucker, all you need to do is reach his base. Still, one of the shittiest missions, ever. >:((

At least I have always saved after every achievement or mission. :)

Binnatics

Cleaver choice, to always save in time. Glad GTA V made that not necessary anymore  :)

The shittiest mission I've ever played is the one where you have to chase a train so that Big Smoke can shoot off some ballas on top of it. There's not one playthrough were I made it at once. It always costed me at least 3 or 4 tries. Not to mention the first time, which took me at least.... an entire night to get it straight :-D

Art Blade

:-D

all the chores of GTASA have been eliminated, GTAV is polished in every aspect. Timed events aren't even half as bad but twice as funny as before. :)

durian

I'm glad I didn't play SA, otherwise I'd have thrown the controller to the wall or my TV  :-()
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

:-D

After missions like those mentioned before, I usually go on a rampage in SA with my katana slaughtering everyone in reach, and pet animals if I could find any.

Art Blade

just checked my stats, 97 missions completed, 138 missions started. which means, I had little to no problems with most missions but a few needed a LOT of retries until I got them over with, most recently I had to steal that hydra VTOL fighter jet  (vertical take-off and landing aircraft), take out 3 pursuing enemy jets in an air to air combat and then take out 5 (or so) ships and finally safely land that thing on the abandoned airstrip. Took forever to get the controls sorted, even longer chasing those jets and taking them out (geez, I guess I spent 10 minutes chasing them before even getting a lock-on let alone taking them down with rockets) and survive all that. There was a similarly horrible mission with another plane (looked like a spitfire) which I had to fly all across the map and back, staying under the radar all the time. I crashed so often into terrain that you might see the crater field from the moon.

However, now into the final missions, back to the hood, and another gang wars challenge which is a lot of fun.  :)

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on October 21, 2013, 10:05:17 AM
...There was a similarly horrible mission with another plane (looked like a spitfire) which I had to fly all across the map and back, staying under the radar all the time. I crashed so often into terrain that you might see the crater field from the moon...
^-^

I had the same problems with that mission. I kept crashing into those huge pine trees near the village where the drop zone was. I still have that mission left to do with the hydra. Hope I don't have as much problems as you had, but I guess it won't be that hard. I'm still used to the controls now that reconfigured my keys a dozen times ::) but I do remember controlling the hydra was somewhere in between steering a jet and a helo. So it could all be very different again :-D

Art Blade

I reconfigured my keys several times, too :-D

The hydra needs additional controls, numpad 8 and numpad 2 in order to change the attitude of the jets to either fly like a plane or to ascend/descend like a lift. plus handbrake (space in my case) to lock on a target. fire 1 and 2 for rockets and countermeasures.

Art Blade

Hehehe  >:D

[smg id=6403 type=preview align=center caption="boyz in the hood"]

PZ

That looks like some serious hardware  :-()

Art Blade

yep, a mini gun (or, portable Gatling gun) which is also available in GTAV :)

PZ

Looking forward to getting that one - cops beware  >:D

Art Blade

:-D I'm not sure whether shooting cops with a mini gun in GTAV is a good idea or not. Beware of a 5-star wanted level  8-X :)

PZ

Yeah, but it sure would be an exciting way to go  >:D

I'll need the PC version, and an unlimited ammo mod  >:D

Art Blade

Binnatics

If you complete the game 100% (GTA: San Andreas) the game will mod itself to unlimited ammo. Plus the biggest guns will be delivered at your safehouse. Plus a tank, a hydra and more of these funny things to have around.  ^-^ ^-^

Speaking of the minigun: I know something very funny: If you destroy a boat, it usually won't sink, it collapses and keeps floating on the surface. You can stand on it. It won't sail anymore though. But if you shoot at it with the minigun, the bullets will push it forward. Since there's no such thing as recoil, you can push yourself forward and thus navigate the sunken boat with your minigun >:D ;)

Just for fun and giggles of course 8)

Art Blade

nice. :-D

Yesterday I nearly finished the game, last mission of the story, but screwed up catching Sweet (he sailed over me), cool, can save that car and retry from when the fire truck chase starts.. only I screwed up again and worse: after catching him our car blew up during the chase.. hospital, all weapons gone.. since I don't want to lose my weapons (haven't dated Ms Zhang yet) I had to resort to a savegame. Which means, start the mission over. I'll get my Uzi up to hitman level so the chase won't be too annoying.

Tags:
🡱 🡳