silent but deadly

Started by shotyshotter, April 23, 2009, 06:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

Ok, let me clarify. ;) I used the 6P9 for an assasination in Pala, and finished oof the suit with 1 shot to the head no probs, but it, unfortunately, attracted some unwanted attention. i was confronted by a merc with an AK, and even tho i emptied the magazine, i didn't aim terribly well. I think i can use the silenced shotty fior assasinations, one shot one relatively quiet kill, and if i have to go loud fast, i already have the gun i need.

In retrospect, i should have switched to the silenced shotty, which i did after i hit the quickload(thank jebus for the quicksave/load).

I have noticed that you can't take much damage in Infamous. I've died a 1000 deaths this week, or so it seems, but i'm learning to be even more careful, and still havin a blast.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I just downloaded the Fortune's pack for the PC and can't wait to install it - maybe this weekend before I can get it though...  I'm looking forward mostly to the ATV, then the crossbow and the silent shotgun.  As a matter of curiosity, I'm interested in the Unimog as well...

Dweller_Benthos

OK, you guys seem to like the 6P9 a lot, which gun is it exactly? Which position on the wall in the weapon shop? I tend to stay away from the hand guns, once I can get a grenade launcher, just because it goes boom so well, and I like the THUMP it makes when it fires. Brings back memories of Terminator 2 where Ahhhh-nold is shooting at Agent Dogget with the thing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

It is just inside the door of the armory to the right, it is the silent pistol that is great for silent head shots.  Otherwise it takes nearly a clip into the chest, but that's almost as satisfying!  My favorite way of using it is to sneak into a GP and kill everyone with head shots so that the alarm is never even raised - kind of satisfying...

Art Blade

yea, the black piece down right in the armory on the same wall where the IED is. doesn't sound impressive itself, but it allows you to listen to the squelching sound a proper head shot causes a merc to produce, sometimes accompanied by an "Ack!" sound. That's always nice  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

PZ, i think you'll enjoy the DLC a lot. The ATV is great for running along the edge of the desert, over those sand dunes, and its easier to run between the rocky outcroppings instead of having to drive around them. it's also easy to right it, if you tip it over.

I only had one fairly brief try with the Unirog. You ride nice and high and have a great view of the road, as there's no hood. It comes with the least favourite gun, for me, the one that shoots a single round, but not the GL type, unfortunately. It's about the same speed as the smaller gun truck.

I had to abandon it near a cell tower, where i had stopped to get a mish, but kept encountering roving patrols. my health was low, and i had no more serrettes, so I left it behind, and took off on foot.

The crossbow is great for taking out convoy trucks, etc, but only a 3 shot clip, argh. The silenced shotty is great too. The other shotty is loud, and needs reloading every shot, so not so good for any skirmishes.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Dweller_Benthos

IRT PZ & Art Blade: Ah, OK, that one, yeah, I actually used that for an cell tower mission in Pala once, went in at night and popped the guy in the back of the head, one shot, etc, thinking if I did it quiet no one would raise the alarm, but of course, the mysterious life signs monitor all those guys wear and every other merc in town pays attention to messed that up, but it was fun sneaking up behind him and PSSSHHT he's gone.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

You're correct - I really like the DLC, partly because it is new, partly because it introduces a new level of game play.  For instance:

• It is easy to load up the ATV with IEDS and easily park them in town for a quick BANG and laugh while running out - plus as you mentioned, it is so easy to drive cross country - quite an agile little beast.  I formerly had to jockey the Liberty past the concrete barriers, which was a chore.
  • I like the crossbow because the scope is like the snipers I love, plus I enjoy seeing the tiny smoke trail the bolt leaves.  However, I still can't give up my dart so the crosbow mostly sat in the armory...
  • The silent shotgun is fun when you get up close and personal, but the sawed-off gun is a bit too slow for my tastes.  I haven't tested just how silent the shotgun is though...
  • The Unimog is fun (it's diesel like the big truck) but kind of clumsy.  Still, I enjoy having it, and the mounted .50 cal it carries is not too bad.
All in all, the DLC is well worth the $4.95.  As an aside for those of you that are hesitant to purchase online, check with your bank - mine allowed me to create a single-use credit card number with a limit that I set at $5 that can only be used at that one vendor.  Worked flawlessly, and a minute later I was downloading the content!

Ricamundo

I had some more seat time with the Unirog yesterday. When i came across that guardpost again, where it was parked, i just had to get it. This time i kept and took it for a long ride to the Police Station, and then to blow up some fuel cars.

One thing i've noticed is that it's a bit tippy. I had a head on with a datsun, and it submarined underneath, and tipped me over. >:( I do love the commanding view of the road you get, and it's quite quick too.

RedRaven

love sneaking up at night, camo suit on and poppin merc heads with the silent makarov, almost always one-shot-kills. very satisfying, also like to take them out with sniper rifles from as far away as possible, take out one guy, and the others eventually come into view, some are dumb enough to try getting close enough to use shot guns, but never do.
and when they are daft enough to stand over the guy i just dropped they fall too, so far record is 5 kills that way, couldnt believe it when they just kept walking up to the same spot looking around trying to spot me.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Foghorn Leghorn

To those that are playing Infamous - has anyone noticed that, once you hit Bowa-Seko, you're not quite as "stealth" at night (with camo suit) as you were in Leboa-Seko?  It's almost as if Xianyong planted a homing device on me after I got his barge into port safely....

DKM2

Your probably right, but I find Bowa-Seko (act2) a little harder all around than Leboa-Sako.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

Bowa is harder... the fact that the patrols use mounted GL is proof enough :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

And Bowa is also narrower, so to speak. You are kind of pushed throught some places without no choice, like the river to Rail Xing in the northeast sector or around the big lake... almost a corridor game sometimes... but still funny as hell  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Foghorn Leghorn

Quote from: DKM2 on May 08, 2009, 04:10:34 AM
Your probably right, but I find Bowa-Seko (act2) a little harder all around than Leboa-Sako.

Well, it's funny DKM2.  I'll be creeping around in the middle of the night, and snipers are able to find me from great distances - distances that they weren't finding me at in Act I.

Also, I'll be behind a rock on one side of a hill, and all of a sudden I'll hear the rev of an engine as a car speeds up to me.  The only way they could have spotted me is if they saw THROUGH the rock....   :o

spaceboy

Special merc powers to see through rocks!  Well D_B I think posted a pic with a merc INSIDE a rock, it's here somewhere.  As for Bowa the one thing I actually found easier was river travel.  It seemed the higher rock formations make it easy to zip NW of Port Selao.  As opposed to Leboa where the rivers are more open with river guard post stations.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Tags:
🡱 🡳