Missing gliders...

Started by PZ, March 15, 2009, 08:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

A perplexing problem - missing gliders.  several games ago I found the glider at the safe house to the east of the northern rail yard (the one where you can fly over the valley toward the sniper standing on a platform).  On two separate occasions, once within the same game and once in an entirely new pass through the game I have returned to the same location only to find the glider missing.

This is consistent with what a few others have mentioned in other forums.  Sometimes I wonder if the PS3 patch I installed has created more issues than fixes for me - didn't seem to have issues before the patch.  Another interesting difference post patch is that the roving patrol drivers end up on the roofs of their vehicles more often than not - again, never happened pre-patch.

PZ

I just found out that your safe house must have the vehicle upgrade in order for gliders to appear there.  Although I have not checked it out in my current game, it sounds reasonable.

Dweller_Benthos

Ah, that could be the reason. Though I'm pretty sure I didn't have the vehicle upgrade when I saw the one near the railyard, and I know there wasn't one at the house by the bus station in the northeast when I walked past the first time, but turned around and went back and it was there. Only time I saw one there. But a bunch of safe houses have places where a glider could launch from, but I've never seen one at those spots.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Interesting - I recently obtained the vehicle upgrade in my current game, but have not had the opportunity to return to the original safe house where the glider was missing.  It's difficult to determine what is going on without being inside the Ubi programmers mind...

RedRaven

went thru same myself, sounds like same glider too.
but now found one marked on the map that is not there even after getting vehicles at safe house thru buddy, in the North-Eastern sector of Leboa-Sako map, by the safe house in the bottom/centre it shows hanglider. Never been able to find it.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Fiach

Havent found a glider yet in FC2, found one in FC1 last night and it felt sucky also I didnt like the driving controls (PC version) either in FC1. So I'll be interested to see how FC2 gliding compares with FC1.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Ricamundo

Quote from: Fiach on May 10, 2009, 12:30:49 AM
Havent found a glider yet in FC2, found one in FC1 last night and it felt sucky also I didnt like the driving controls (PC version) either in FC1. So I'll be interested to see how FC2 gliding compares with FC1.

I used the glider yesterday after destroying the kilns at Dogon village(ithink thats the right name). Anyway, with the WASD controls for the glider keep your finger on the S continuosly, and you'll glide farther, and have a more gradual and safer landing.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Tags:
🡱 🡳