Finished the game, what now? Here are a few tips

Started by Art Blade, March 23, 2013, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

The latitude X longitude scale is a little confusing which is part of why I try to reference a landmark when I give that type of description for a location.

If you open your map and look at the X,Y for your current location and then grab the map and shift it a slight bit to the North/South and East/West of your position the X,Y read out will change accordingly and give you a feel for which way to go when trying to reach a spot one of us has posted.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

Quote from: Binnatics on May 13, 2013, 03:28:25 PM
Here's something else to do; solve the rebus!!

1: X:319.5,  Y:750.6  Kneel and look North; 'V' = 'P'

The stove in Dr Earnhardt's Mansion ?
"V" ="P" ???

nexor

Quote from: mandru on May 18, 2013, 08:03:58 AM
The somewhat more dangerous coordinates X:363.5 Y:698.2 with the exact same word hints (Look south; 'FL' = 'G') is always there though you'll have to really want it to go to the trouble to find it.  ;)
I found myself in the middle of a camp of some sort near a fire, right in front of me looking in the indicated direction is some crates containing bananas

mandru

I'm a dim on recalling all the correct answers to Binn's rebus but I'm pretty sure the fire is the correct object you are looking for.  Consider that there are other components or words relating to fire that start with the letters "FL" that will be switched to "G".  ;)
- mandru

fragger

Just got around to solving the rebus. Very clever, Binn :-X +1

I still remember that cool thing you did on the forum with Portal 2 while trying to convince Art to play it. You're an inventive individual, my friend :)

Quote from: nexor on November 23, 2013, 01:23:23 PM
The stove in Dr Earnhardt's Mansion ?
"V" ="P" ???

Spoiler

You need to look at what's below the stove (hint: what would you cook a roast in?). That's why Binn said to crouch and look :)

nexor

2: X:771.6,  Y:752.2  Look East, North-East

Spoiler
That would be the world map, I think?

nexor

3: X:370.1,  Y:380.4  Look south; 'FL' = 'G'
Spoiler
'FL' = 'G' ??  I know I have to look south, in front of me are crates with numbers on, in the background the building

Binnatics

First of all, sorry Nexor for not helping out. I've been too busy in private life plus online in Saints Row forgetting that, that I did not focus on the FC3 board for a while.
Second of all, thanx for the kudo. The idea was born quickly, but trying the right items in the game was a bit trickier. I tried to find items that are simple, can only be understood one way. Now I found out that isn't too easy at all. Mandru's tip may help you out with that third word; the fact is it only occurs during night time. Where he indicates you to go, day or night time doesn't matter.
But if this is particularly the one where you got stuck on, here's the answer to that part of the rebus:
Spoiler
What you should see are "flames", so you'll get the word games ;)

By the way, I have a strong feeling going back into those damn islands again. I think it is about a year ago we started with FC3 isn't it? Usually the time of the year reminds me of stuff I did the year before. I think I'll try to make another rebus. And will go to the location Mandru pointed out 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

+1 for you Mandru, double solving my rebus ^-^

I had trouble today finding my own clue on the third word, so you were definitely right about the other location. Not too hard to get to though 8)

Hope this one saves you the trouble Nexor. I changed the coordinates now: Fixed rebus
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

- mandru

nexor

Thanks Binn, was quite interesting looking and finding the spots     :-X :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳