Trials of the Rakyat

Started by TheStranger, March 13, 2013, 10:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

thank you. :-D I remember the day when I reached your then leading post count and surpassed it..  ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Hard to believe I ever had the leading number of posts!  That was only possible because I'd joined earlier than you did  :-()

Art Blade

:-D Remember when "The Jackal" was thought to be near impossible? That title represents 1,000 posts  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on April 15, 2013, 03:46:54 PM
:-D Remember when "The Jackal" was thought to be near impossible? That title represents 1,000 posts  :laugh:

I'm proud to be a Jackal :angry-new:

... :-D

I so much believe your bloody trip in that helo challenge, I had mine already. Thanx to you, actually. See what we do to each other? And that's called entertainment :-D

Whatever, I love it. I will try to beat your score, but not sure when. I don't do all 'extra barrel places' in different moments, I don them all at once in the beginning. That works best for me, checked it out a dozen of times and more :-D

Thanx again for the tip, I'm curious how it will w@&k out. If you need any on other trials, just let me know. As long as it's not Transport Destruction, I think I can help you out pretty much ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated  :) However, I said it earlier, I think I've grown too old for this crap and pretty much suck at most of them. I only saw a chance with this particular trial and am glad I did it -- no need to try on the rest  :-D

Art Blade

Yesterday I was playing around with command line cheats again and then it dawned on me, I might have had the "ignore player cheat" on when getting said highscore. It would at least explain why I did have a "magic" run and getting stealth kills. Not sure about it but it seems quite reasonable and possible -- it might have been a glitch, too, but I did get really funny stealth kills and I definitely wasn't using any cheats when that happened (e.g. stealth kill with a fire arrow on a heavy who was only a few yards away).

Thing is, I still had to fight extremely hard and to time everything right to get that score so I wasn't aware of whether or not I had it in place -- you might give it a try and see if you can reach 850.

Sorry, it was unintentional if it was indeed that cheat.

Binnatics

Don't worry about it, Art. It's no big deal. Besides, I heavily doubt if it was a cheat. Getting detected sooner or later depends on mysterious things, unpredictable. Plus, you have had stealth kills more often, because I have seen at least 3 different highscores with a "5" on the end, which made me curious. :-X :)

Currently I try to perform stealth kills on the two pirates standing next to a Jeep in the Transport Destruction Trial; the only other one with an RPG. I have to run down the hill and reach them before the first car appears turning round the corner. That car usually spots you first. As soon as the guys in that first car spot you, the ones besides the parked Jeep also spot you immediately, like they suddenly smell you. 2 days ago, I was able to kill them both stealthily every 3 or 4 tries, and yesterday I didn't succeed once. No idea what made the difference there.
Funny side note is that they disabled the 'takedown ability' in that specific Rakyat Challenge, so you just sway with your knife from left to right, but kill them even so silent as with a takedown ^-^

I'm currently working on better scores in this trial, which is quite a challenge. I hope I may even reach your bugged scores there, but that's quite insecure. Once things are fully investigated I'll post some about the strategy I found there 8-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

cool. Anyway, try that 850 using ignore player if you want to find out if you can get there.. it was quite some w@&k and I needed the last second to score it :)

Binnatics

I believe you performed a master score there, don't worry! We've been fighting like madmen that weekend, so no way I'm going to degrade your achievements. I will check this weekend if I can get a stealth kill somehow, who knows. Don't think I will use the cheat. But tonight I'm going out, drink a few beers with a friend ^-^

TheStranger

I too did a Trial with the 30 Days mod and there are frontal takedowns enabled, so I got about 400 points more than in my countless other tries but didn't beat the ridiculous over 2000 points from Art ;) It is the one in the lumber camp.

Art Blade

that was Binnatics's score  :) but I might try it with ignore player because that is basically what happened to him just to see if I can get there. I'll stop if and once I got there.

Art Blade

2320. Took three tries to get past 2000 :)

Binnatics

Quote from: Binnatics on April 18, 2013, 12:25:53 PM
I'm currently working on better scores in this trial, which is quite a challenge. I hope I may even reach your bugged scores there, but that's quite insecure. Once things are fully investigated I'll post some about the strategy I found there 8-X

Well, the Transport Destruction Trial: I found out that under no circumstance it's possible to perform silent takedowns, they are disabled. You can do stealthy kills though, only with the knife. The two guys standing next to the Jeep, right at the start, can be possibly surprised, but it's hard. Two cuts with your knife and you might start with a nice 60 points. Usually I only get 35, for one silent kill. Then, two Jeeps from the right move in. One has a mounted gun. You can kill the gunner and the driver with your knife, if you run towards it fast enough.
That gives you access to, Tadaaah: The Mounted Gun!!! And that's a lot better than the RPG. You can now perform headshots and you are able to shoot and kill faster. If you do good, you can get up to maybe 100 extra points for headshots and you have your 50 extra for the two stealthy ones. I managed to get 540 points twice, and I think it's even possible to get past 600. But then you gotta be a good shooter. There won't be spawning too many pirates and the time is the limit, so I don't think that this method will take us much farther than 600. Anyway, it was a nice try and it makes the whole trial much better to play ^-^

Once I had the same weird glitch you guys had; I managed to gun down a helicopter before he was in sight (he was still behind the trees) and suddenly everything started to blow up, spawn, blow up etc. I got 1320 points :o But I decided to overwrite that savegame, since I was still busy trying to get a vanilla score ;D

Art Blade

Cool idea to use the mounted gun!  :)

lol, that glitch is hilarious, isn't it  :) So much fun to see those choppers blow up and once it started you won't even see them any more as they explode the moment they spawn. All you can do is watch your score rocket skywards  :-D

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on April 22, 2013, 10:36:32 AM
... watch your score rocket skywards  :-D

Indeed, indeed, heheh.... and what about all those Jeeps full of pirates blowing up in the air :-()
Some managed to break through though, and I could get some more headshots on them.

By the way: Just got 575!!! 8)

Art Blade

Binnatics

What the F.... :o
[smg id=5915]

Ahhh ^-^
[smg id=5917]

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳