Camera's viewfinder reticule going yellow

Started by Jim di Griz, January 13, 2013, 07:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I know when I point the camera at the south island that i haven't gotten to yet, there are sparkles all over the place. I have also seen the sparkles at places where there was loot or a relic but I've already picked it up, so it seems it's attached to the place, not the item.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

Early on in my play though FC3 I was on a mountain top facing West at night and wanted a better look at the face of the mountain across the deep valley I was above.  So I pulled out the camera and went to high zoom.  I was surprised when the mountain I was trying to check out lit up with sparkles as if I were viewing a distant city through a heat haze.  At the time I'd wondered about that effect and this thread has given me a better understanding of what I was seeing.

It would appear that I was not only seeing the artifacts and treasure chests on the side of the mountain I was facing but I was actually seeing all the items of interest stretching far beyond with something like X-Ray vision and possibly considering the vast number of sparkles I was seeing all of the way to the Western coast of the North island.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I had a few interesting observations:

The viewfinder turned yellow while I was facing a wall. Hoyt's mansion, to be precise. When I moved it around, it turned blue to the left and the right of the first position but kept turning yellow when I looked in one particular direction. On my mini map I could see that there was a loot chest behind the walls in that direction. :)

Then it did turn yellow on bodies that I could loot. After looting them it still turned yellow. It has got nothing to do with weapons on the ground, apparently, they don't register. However, I also found "blue" bodies that were still lootable.  ????
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: Jim di Griz on January 13, 2013, 07:06:49 AMSometimes you see a glimmer in the distance where a relic is
Quote from: fragger on January 13, 2013, 02:52:16 PM
There was some discussion elsewhere about what those glimmers were, as I recall nobody knew and the general consensus was that they were merely decorative. This solves that little mystery. Cheers Jim :-X

Not long ago I found out that those sparkles are mission objectives, "unfinished business" you might call it :) Anything that you have yet to do sparks up.
[smg id=5899 type=preview align=center caption="2013 04 21 00001"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:-X  Now it will be a bit easier to find the objectives when using Ziggy's mod.

Art Blade

true :) the left light was a relic, I went for the light after taking the pic  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳