Far Cry 4 wishlist

Started by JRD, January 07, 2013, 03:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Agreed - I also miss being able to turn off the lights, but then again, night time in FC3 is so short you need not worry about it  :-()

fragger

You can turn off the lights, there's a key for it but I can't remember what it is offhand (I remapped mine).

I agree with you guys about the driving, and I also miss the snap views.

JRD

Quote from: fragger on January 15, 2013, 03:42:39 PM
You can turn off the lights, there's a key for it but I can't remember what it is offhand (I remapped mine).

Default "G" if I'm not mistaken but it is easy to check!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Binnatics

Agreed on all the above.

I'd like to see some extra abilities for the multiplayer character design. The lame tattaus are awful and I could think of a million things to change to show off with either creativity or challenge-obtained items :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

good point, Binnatics :)

Online weapons' upgrades should be following the same pattern, like "weapon X will get a marksman scope at weapon level 10." Currently that scope can range basically anywhere, almost random, and while one weapon gets it at lvl 7, a random other gun gets it at say, 18.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I don't mind these differences. I could think of reasons why make it not the same. But I don't get why you can lvl up to 20 while there's only upgrades to earn until lvl 10 ???? And what you do get when reaching lvl 20 is a louzy 'gold skull' medal that only shows in the menues. Make that available in the tattau section so others can see you're "the master" with one or another type of weapon ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

hehe, badges, medals.. decorations :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Abletile

My wish list contains DIFFERENT key press to pick up a weapon! The number of times, in the heat of battle, I have dropped my gun whilst trying to revive someone or pick up ammo! Very tiresome to say the least!!!

:D
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Art Blade

I second that. Able's signature line during almost every coop session is, "where's my f***ing gun?!  >:(( "

:laugh:

Abletile

Yea, it matches the 'Kill Assist' message I get every time Art gets 'busy'  :-D
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I agree with most everything said here, but I think they could all be solved by them doing one simple thing:

Design the game on PC first, then port it to consoles, not the other way around. Almost everything in this thread that are complaints are based on the fact that FC3 was a console game designed with consoles in mind, then ported to PC almost as an afterthought.

Short view distance/sniper range? Console limitation.
Checkpoint saves? Console limitation.
Hold a button instead of tap it to get an action done? Console limitation (I think they've added this in games recently to accommodate slow on the uptake wireless console controllers, or just the fact that console controllers are just so imprecise that the extra second or so of time is needed for the "sweet spot" to be hit so the action can take place. I've gotten my timing down in FC3 that I hit the action button just at the right time to do it almost instantly. Getting in cars is easy, just hold down the button and walk in the general direction of the door you want to get in. When you hit the right spot, you get in autmatically. Doors on buildings are a little more finicky though, you need to time it just right).
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Timing the moments to trigger 'the entering' or the holding, almost becomes a second nature when you spend enough time, but I wish I'd used that attention to other parts of the game, which would definitely raise the immersion of the game. Somewhere else where it is quite attention-consuming is when looting. Because you have to take care not to swap your weapon with the ones on the floor.  :angel:

fragger

Agree. But at least if you pick up a bad guy's weapon in FC3 it doesn't jam after a few round have gone through it :-()

Art Blade

I hated weapon degrading and am glad it's gone in FC3.  :)

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Binnatics on May 20, 2013, 11:01:07 AM
Timing the moments to trigger 'the entering' or the holding, almost becomes a second nature when you spend enough time, but I wish I'd used that attention to other parts of the game, which would definitely raise the immersion of the game. Somewhere else where it is quite attention-consuming is when looting. Because you have to take care not to swap your weapon with the ones on the floor.  :angel:

Man, I hate the looting and weapon swapping. First off, the sweet spot for looting is apparently centered over the crotch of the corpse, you essentially have to be standing on their junk staring at it in order for the loot prompt to appear. Of course, this requires you to fiddle about going back and forth over a dead body in order to get the loot. Then, you are off by a thousandth of a millimeter at the last second and the prompt changes to swap weapons and you drop your shredder in exchange for a crappy AK.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

correct to the smallest detail. :-D

TheStranger

Quote from: Art Blade on May 20, 2013, 04:10:51 PM
I hated weapon degrading and am glad it's gone in FC3.  :)

I really loved that feature, because the animations were just great and it added the extra challange to a battle. But it was a bit to often. So it was perfect with the mod which added ten times the weapon durability.

Art Blade

I simply used the no weapon degrading cheat. 100% reliable  :-D

TheStranger

I would love kind of Mexico-like scenario. So you could have jungles, deserts, cities and the sea, which would be great.

Yeah and the things the others said already like getting rid of the consolish menu and a bit more complexity concerning crafting and weapons.

Art Blade

I wish it wasn't UBI (nor EA) but perhaps Rockstar or some other nice company going to do FC4.

PZ

I too love the desert-Mexican theme.  :-X

In fact, even in my "real life" I enjoy the deserts greatly.

mandru

Sometimes when I've reset all the outposts I like to just drive in road rage mode to see what mayhem I can stir up and have wished I could get the music from the pot field burning mission tuned in on the radio.  :(

While the sand rail buggies are cool for their speed and ability to perform nimble avoidance handling but I would seriously enjoy it if there was at least one respawning big truck (preferably with twin rear axles) heavily armored and equipped with with a bulldozer blade.  :-X

I'm also coming to the opinion that outside of planned events and missions the developers were way too stingy with the assault helicopters.  There should be locations that have regular flyovers as well as occasional random air patrols or flights redistributing personnel after I've depleted a sector of the map of yellow jackets.

And then there's the thoughtless uniform gung-ho suicidal behavior of every last pirate of privateer.  :-(

Come on.  :angry-new:  Give me the occasional coward who's nerve once broken will bolt and run away screaming for mercy and plea bargaining for his life as you run him down.  They could show up on the mini map as a distinguishable icon and easily be used to reintroduce the reputation index that we had in FC2.

"Let's see.  Choices, choices.  Do I kill you?  Maim you?  Maybe take an amusing trophy or something more artistic?  ^-^   How about something so amusing that when your buddies find what's left of you they'll whisper about it among themselves?  That way they'll come to know what's waiting for them out here and that I'm coming for each of them.  Let's make that thought begin to infuse their dreams.

Shall we begin?"
  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

TheStranger

The Stalker Mod misery (new version 2.0 will be released end of July) will have such a feature:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery

You can sneak inside bases and if it rains or even a thunderstorm is going on it will be much easier to be stealthy. Then some enemies will surrender and you can spare them which could be useful if you meet that certain person again, or rob them, blackmail them to find a stash or just execute them.

Tags:
🡱 🡳