Bugged map display

Started by JRD, December 15, 2012, 02:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Been having some hard time with the map. Usually, when you pull out the map you can zoom in and out as well as hlod LMB and pan. What happens to me since I started playing is that the pan capability sometimes doesn't w@&k at all so I have to hover my mouse to the sides of the map and kind of drag the window towards the area I want to visualise.

As I fired FC3 today I had an update installed which took about 5 minutes, some 350 MB worth of patches. I thought my map bug would be fized but it now seems to be even worst. Now I cannot zoom in and out and my map is frozen. I can click and place a way point and view the legend but I cannot move the map at all. Worst: I on the mission where you have to investigfate a  city in the east side of the map and there's a travel station there to help you out but I can't see that area!!!  :D

Small annoyances!!!  :-(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I have that too, various issues with the map.

Usually when the map froze I go out and back into map mode. If that doesn't help, try save the game, quit to main menu and load the savegame again. That has always helped. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

That's what I do too. It works well but having to break a game session because of that bug is a pain in the nuts!  :D

Art Blade

absolutely.

Strange, having finished the story missions, it hasn't happened to me since, during perhaps 8 hours straight.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I've read that most of the patch updates are to fix MP issues, and that in doing so, problems have arisen in SP.  Don't know if that is true though.

Art Blade

So far, in SP everything works just the way it was before the patch: partially bugged. Like the map, the sometimes not responding heal-key and some minor issues. The map, however, is really annoying, I just had the problem again the other day.

PZ

Dang, I think I'll wait a while before I purchase the PC version.  ???

Art Blade

Not really, PZ :) All you'd get for waiting would be more patches to download in a row.  >:D The game isn't totally bugged so don't worry.. it's worth it :)

Dweller_Benthos

Just had a weird thing where the map opened by itself, and scrolled really fast to the left. Once I clicked and dragged it, it worked OK, but weird.

Then, it seems it doesn't like my custom keyboard config.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 17, 2012, 04:59:35 PM
Not really, PZ :) All you'd get for waiting would be more patches to download in a row.  >:D The game isn't totally bugged so don't worry.. it's worth it :)

This may be a stupid thought, but wouldn't the publisher incorporate the patches in new discs they press?

Art Blade

only if you're lucky. Worst example I had was the disc version of Borderlans1. It merely contained a download program and I had to download the game and all DLCs and all patches.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 17, 2012, 10:44:41 PM
... It merely contained a download program and I had to download the game and all DLCs and all patches.

That's ridiculous  :D

Art Blade

just sayin'  :-() But yes, it is ridiculous.

fragger

Art Blade

:laugh: funny use of that emoticon mate :-()

fragger

I've been waiting for a chance to use that :-()

Art Blade

Art Blade

I think I found a solution to the bugged map.

On a PC, the ALT-key (of all things, you need it for ALT-TAB...  :D ) is a toggle for the map legend. Now, when your map doesn't react as it should, just hit ALT so you get to see the legend and hit ALT again.. now the map should w@&k again :) Worked for me a couple of times now  :-X

fragger

Art Blade

welcome :)

Actually, that "ALT-method" hasn't failed me yet. Ever since I found it out, I haven't had a problem with the map any more. Before I found that out, I tried grabbing, clicking, ESC, back and forth to map mode until eventually it completely screwed up and I had to quit to the main menu to load the last savegame.

Only thing important: Don't try anything else, only use the ALT key.  :)

JRD

The ALT-Method works for me 75% of the time!

Mostly hiting ALT seems to "release" the map from it's anchor but sometimes I still have it really bugged. It seems like the map will open where Jason is but as soon as I try to move it or zoom in/out it snaps to the westernmost part and stays there, no matter what I do.

In this cases only quit to desktop can fix it.  :-\\

But thatnks for the tip, Art... 75% of the time I can stay on the game!  ^-^

Art Blade

yeah, same here. I too encountered situations when the ALT trick didn't help any more :( Anway, hehe, better 75% than zero  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳