weird glitch

Started by Binnatics, December 27, 2012, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

farcry3 playing possum
I couldn't understand why the "new safe house" didn't appear after I cleared the post, and nobody was shooting at me while I was walking around inside the post, then a bunch of pirates arrived from all directions shooting at me, after I cleared the area from the second bunch of pirates I noticed on my mini map there was one pirate somewhere inside the post, following the indicator I found this guy playing possum 

fragger

I've had that happen too. I had to kill the guy a second time :-()

Art Blade

:-D

I'd have to try and kill everyone a second time in order to find out who it was because a) with Ziggy's mod I don't have a radar like you and b) I keep any HUD indicators switched off. All I see is what you can see in the pic below: health, armour, a compass, the inevitable ammo/grenade/molotov count and money on looting someone or something. Bodies and stuff don't flash at all (as opposed to the body seen in the vid) so.. my screen is almost as clean as a whistle  :-D

[smg id=6232 type=preview align=center caption="clean hud"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I really like Ziggys mod because it cleans up the hud almost as clean as the hud in fc2

nexor

[smg id=6235 type=av]
All this happened when I drove over parts of a chopper I blew up shortly before, a piece of the chopper was lying in the road and when I came racing past the guard post I drove over it, there was a loud bang and my jeep stopped so I bailed out running, I turned around when I was out of range and creped back towards the guard post that's when I saw all these funnies.

[smg id=6236 type=av align=center caption="farcry3 Weird 2"]
I split the video up into 3 clips, the third one is a bit long so I uploaded it to youtube, hope it comes out clear, will post it as soon as it's available

Art Blade

??? + ???

:laugh: man, those are really weird glitches :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Strange things a happening!

OK, Officially one of the weirdest bugs I've ever seen in FC3.  Nice catch nex!

+1
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

agree, another +1  :-X :)

Binnatics

Indeed, very weird. I've seen similar things happen to corpses, really dead ones this time. They kept bouncing on the road or on the grass where they fell down, only one food remained stuck to the surface, as if someone had tightened his shoelaces to the ground. Very weird. But later I found out that this glitchy appearance wasn't a FC3-only glitch, it also happened in Sniper Elite V2 and Max Payne 3 a couple of times, so it has to have something to do with my hardware/driver/OS combo.
Still weird. It seems to be triggered by a not too easy to process fall of a corpse. Usually a coprse falls down in one way or another, but sometimes it gets stuck during the process, or it hits another object. Most of the time that seems to trigger the weird behaviour, like the graphics programming can't configure the gravity of the corpse anymore, and it can't stop "falling" and keeps bouncing :-D
This topic gets weirder and weirder ^-^ :-X

And my +1 you got as well. Good catch on these videos :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

maybe it's a PhysX thingy?

nexor

Wait till you guys see the clip I'm uploading on youtube

Art Blade

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on August 29, 2013, 12:28:29 PM
maybe it's a PhysX thingy?

According to what I find on the net about PhysX these games don't use that tech. But it's likely to be something like that, engine-based weirdness.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

nexor

Quote from: nexor on August 29, 2013, 02:07:03 PM
Wait till you guys see the clip I'm uploading on youtube

Update on the youtube upload......about two more days, the avi clip is 4.26 min 3.57GB in size, I can upload it in mp4 format at 164MB but the quality is bad ???

PZ

Essentially 1gb/min is way too large to effectively do a video upload in a reasonable amount of time.  What I do when I upload to YouTube is to use Windows Movie Maker to reduce raw video (avi) to a more reasonable size by using the setting in Movie Maker: Produce for playback on my computer (or something like that), which greatly reduces the size of the video while preserving quality.  The resultant video is only a fraction of the original, yet good enough quality for HD video, and that is what I upload - takes only a fraction of the time and the results are more than acceptable.

nexor

I will check it out, thanks   :-X

Checked it out, Movie Maker converts to mp4, did upload faster to youtube but still very fuzzy so I deleted it.
Did some editing to cut down on size then converted it to flv, here is the result

[smg id=6237 type=av]

Art Blade

as far as I know (at least it used to be like that) videos uploaded to YT take a while until they're crisp. I remember watching a really "fresh" vid on YT and it was all blurry and the uploader commenting on the fact. Some time later the same vid was crisp.

And man.. that is some weird stuff you filmed there  ???

nexor

I felt like shooting the local who was floating above me in the a$$  >:D

Binnatics

All I kept thinking; "Shoot that damn Rakyat floating punk, SHOOT 'm!!!"  :-D >:D >:D
But good thing you remained calm and got that excellent glitch on tape :) :-X

PZ

Art Blade

fragger

That's some cool glitchiness you recorded there nex, haven't seen anything like that before :-X ????

+1 8)

nexor

They were really weird, pity I had to edit the clips  :-\\

nexor

Stuck in the car

Some joker was in the ground underneath the jeep shooting at me

Tags:
🡱 🡳