Hunter's List (animals for crafting)

Started by Art Blade, December 17, 2012, 09:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

thanks, D_B, edited :) :-X

Hehe, a snakeskin wallet and a tortoise shell body armour :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 30, 2012, 07:07:06 PM
You can kill snakes, but not skin them? I'd like a nice snakeskin wallet, you know.

You can skin crocodiles, but all you can do with the skin is sell it.

No chic, crocodile-skin designer combat boots in this game...

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

mandru

Maybe someone can clarify this for me.  :-\\

Now that I've crafted all of the extended or maximum storage accessories of each type (I'm still on the North Island) it looks like I can dump all these extra pelts that have been collected to make room for the herbs I'm increasingly needing to craft syringes.

Am I correct in assuming that there are no additional gear upgrades that require animal hides for crafting?

I also noticed that for some inexplicable reason monkeys give the exact same leather as crocodiles.  ????   And yes!  During one of the temple runs for Buck I pounced without hesitation on the opportunity to smear one of those annoying little fur balls.  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Can you do anything with the tortoises (tortoisi?). I've seen them, just never bothered to kill them, doesn't seem fair, they can't run away much or attack I don't think.

I've got most of the stuff upgraded to the point where you need to go on the hunting missions, except I think I need some bears and a couple more tigers.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

your assumption is correct, mandru. And I smeared those fur balls, too  :-()

D_B, you'd get a sellable item, "tortoise shell." Same goes for crocs, "leather." They're not even worth it, they sell for $10 unless you've got that skill that adds % to the selling price which still makes it only like $13. Those vultures give you "feathers" to sell, equally worthless. You can leave them alone :)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I thought I was going to have to collect feathers to craft arrows, but I guess not. Still, a couple of turtles are easy money, along with rabid dogs, they only get in the way and can attack you, so I usually skin them anyway, hey, 10 bucks is 10 bucks. I need lots of money considering the ammo I go through.
D_B

Art Blade

It's only in the beginning. Later you're going to wish you knew how to get rid of your money  :) But for now, how about focussing on weapons used by the majority of those bad guys: Assault Rifles. There is only one type of ammo for one type of weapon, so it doesn't matter which assault rifle you're using. I recommend the MS16, single shot (semi-automatic) with very nice accuracy, range and damage. It's the first weapon I save up my money for so I can get it first thing in the playthrough and I usually keep it to the end. There's a suppressor available for it, too, which makes it the ideal all-purpose weapon. You'll find loads of ammo donators that will compensate you for all the lead you put into them.  :-D

Dweller_Benthos

Ah, OK, good to know. I've been using the AK all along thinking that's what everyone else uses, so I need to use that to pick up their dropped ammo.
D_B

fragger

You can kill pretty much anything that moves in the game, except that last night I blasted a crab with a shottie and the pellets just bounced off him. I chased him all the way into the water, hammering him with shot every step of the way, and he stubbornly refused to let himself be bashed.

One tough little crab.

Art Blade

crabs take a single bullet from an AK quite seriously and splatter red blood all over the place and they die from either the bullet or the blood loss.  :-D

D_B, make sure to reload your weapon first so you get room in your pouch for ammo that won't get picked up otherwise. Just walk over their weapons to pick up ammo.  :)

Art Blade

Damn, either the patch changed some of the requirements or the list is still not yet completely verified. I just found out that you need 3 dog skins for the rugged syringe kit, rather than pig hides.

Dweller_Benthos

Since I'm past that part in the game, can't check it. I suppose I could start a new save and see what they are.

.... And, you can kill a manta, but you can't skin it? Now there's something I'd like to hang on the wall. or sell for $50.
D_B

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on January 01, 2013, 06:27:59 AM
I just found out that you need 3 dog skins for the rugged syringe kit, rather than pig hides.

I'm coming up to that and I'm still playing on 1.02, so I'll check it out for you :)

Art Blade

cheers :) However, I'm quite sure they didn't change it  8-X :)

fragger

OK Art, I checked, it is three dog skins required for the rugged syringe kit upgrade, at least as of v1.02 :)

Art Blade

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳