OK, here's my official "I can't f^%#& stand U-Play" thread

Started by Dweller_Benthos, December 16, 2012, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

I posted a question about Origin and Uplay in the Senior member's only   :question

Art Blade

public announcement to all who don't know about the Senior members only: It doesn't exist.
private announcement to nexor: shush! They must not know.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I wanted to check something at fc3outpost (u-play) when I just now read an announcement regarding their login "policy"

QuoteImportant note – to improve your account security, as of
April 3rd you will only be able to login using your email address.

Usernames can still be used as your display name in forums and games.

Apart from the fact that we are far from April 3rd (maybe they didn't mention the year for that purpose so they can backdate it) they have implemented it already. And you have to type in your password, too.

For security reasons? it isn't even an HTTPS connection which means both password and email addy will be sent openly and unsecured. There is basically no difference between using a username or an email address. The email addy would be harder to guess, OK, but hey, it's not even the UBI main account. Anyone who sniffs network packets or has a keylogger and whatnot can access that data. Apart from the chore of having to punch in every single bit of an entire email addy, it is plainly silly.

I'm not going to use that fc3outpost site again unless absolutely unavoidable.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Best thing is that everyon who plays online has to play with his or her account name...there is no way to choose a ingame nick and ubisoft won't change that. Silly and easy thing for hackers...

Tags:
🡱 🡳