OK, here's my official "I can't f^%#& stand U-Play" thread

Started by Dweller_Benthos, December 16, 2012, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I found out that sometimes the heal button doesn't w@&k at all while in a fight and losing health. However, the game seems to expect you to fire a weapon in order to release the stuck healing key. You might want to try that, next time :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 19, 2012, 12:00:08 PM
I found out that sometimes the heal button doesn't w@&k at all while in a fight and losing health...

Under these circumstances, when I release the button and then hold again, the healing takes place; seems like a bug to me.

Art Blade

if that's no bug then the devs responsible should be hanged and shot. Oh and add the QA guys to that.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

durian

I totally gree about the heal. It's so frustrating when you need to heal during  the thick of a fierce firefight and you die just because it takes so long to w@&k. FC2 heal was more quick, just press L2 (on PS3), you don't need to hold it. Have no idea why they decided to change how the heal w@&k  :D

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

DKM2

lol, well, my rant is still crashing to bsod, I've tried just about everything I know and can find online to adjust things, nothing has worked or even helped a little bit.
It plays just fine, but after 20, 40 minutes, boom! I'm not having fun at all like that.
I think I'm going to give up for awhile, go back to GTAIV or something, and wait for a patch.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Binnatics

That is weird DKM... usually when BSOD'ing that means something's wrong with your vid card. That's what caused it in my case several times. But if your system works fine with GTA IV which is quite demanding, it wouldn't be that  ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

That's horrible, DKM2 -- compared to all the other rants, in my opinion the reason for yours is the most dreadful. :( I sure hope that you'll be able to play soon.

As to BSOD, like Binnatics I think something with your hardware may be the reason but I don't know if it is your vid card, could as well be your mobo or PSU. Then again, as all the rest (at least GTA IV) seems to w@&k, it sometimes is a driver issue. Try either a newer or an older version of the vid driver. Under really weird circumstances it can also be a sound card / -driver problem.. not exactly easy to find the cause. Good luck with that  :(

PZ

Driver is always what I try first.  I'm using a nVidia, and usually go to their site to check on which drivers are best suited bur a particular game I'm playing.  I had a very annoying situation where I was doing 50 minute screen captures, and about 2 in 10 times the  program would fail.  Complained to tech support and they said it was a driver issue; I didn't believe it, but sure enough, the driver update fixed the problem.

Good luck with that, DKM2

DKM2

Thanks, but it's a new video card, GTX670 with 2G Ram, new 310 driver, I've put
CPUZ's Hardware monitor on my second Monitor and watched while playing, the GPU
never goes over 61 deg. (highest core CPU temp never over 52 deg) when playing FC3.
Maybe I'll try again using GPUZ instead, and look at memory, and gpu loading, but the
problem is mostly all drivers (.sys) in the errors reported, at least a half dozen different ones,
but mostly usb, and that makes me believe they got some kind Keyboard input problem.
I hate it crashing like that, not good for the system as a whole
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Binnatics

Indeed problematic, I hope you get it sorted out mate! I know how frustrating it is to keep searching for an illogic error. You might be right about the keyboard. Try an old one with a tulip plug (these green round things with lots of pins. That may give you any direction ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

^ PS/2.. today's mobos usually don't come with that kind of socket any more, they are usually USB only.

Dweller_Benthos

You wouldn't happen to be getting the old "IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL" error, would you? That's usually a driver or something trampling on something else's memory and the system goes belly up.

This can give you some info: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

D_B, as an aside: your steering problem with a car only going left, it might have had to do with a car that got partially wrecked. I had that too after I crashed into something, I could no longer steer straight. Just mentioning, so you can try again and see if it was just a one-time incident due to a broken car or indeed a key mapping problem. :)

PZ

Quote from: DKM2 on December 20, 2012, 05:55:21 AM
Thanks, but it's a new video card, GTX670 with 2G Ram, new 310 driver...

Doesn't sound good - I read up on the 310, and it has been tailored to improve operation with FC3

DKM2

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 20, 2012, 08:10:35 AM
You wouldn't happen to be getting the old "IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL" error, would you? That's usually a driver or something trampling on something else's memory and the system goes belly up.

This can give you some info: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

ya, about half of them are. guess I'll give it another shot tonight.
nice little program btw, thanks.

edit: New patch out, 1.04, replaces the 2 major DLL files.
says it fixes crashes in MP, hope it crosses over to SP too.
*crossfingers*

Art Blade

thanks for the info about 1.04, I just quit to get the update..

"only" 205.1 MB.. already feel sorry for D_B and fragger and mandru..  :(

DKM2

Sadly, it didn't help. also FC3 doesn't even make my vid card sweat.
Played FC2 all night, no problem.

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell! "

Dweller_Benthos

From the nvidia site:

QuotePerformance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 306.97 WHQL drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 680:
Up to 38% in Far Cry 3

That's for the 680, so YMMV
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: DKM2 on December 20, 2012, 01:04:28 PM
ya, about half of them are. guess I'll give it another shot tonight.
nice little program btw, thanks.

edit: New patch out, 1.04, replaces the 2 major DLL files.
says it fixes crashes in MP, hope it crosses over to SP too.
*crossfingers*

Does your blue screen say what DLL is causing the problem?
D_B

PZ

Sorry to hear of your continuing woes, DKM2; I almost feel guilty that my install was so easy.  Interestingly, because I did not do any of the prior updates, all I needed do when installing was to complete the main game installation, and then when Uplay started, do the 274 mb v1.04 update; nothing else.  I was really worried because I am not using the latest nVidia drivers, nor do I have a reasonable OS - I'm still using Vista64

B33 ENN

Put me down for another UPlay sucks vote LOL. I always switch it to offline after I'm done registering. Might only fire it up online with the game now and then to upload progress bonus data.
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

DKM2

I could only about 20-30 minutes before crashing,
so I gave Uplay full access under Vista's Security, and run it in Admin mode and online,
I can get 2, 3, maybe 4 hours of play now.
Uplay is doing some funky DRM I guess.
>:((

Ubisoft vs Pirates

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

DKM2's Youtube  :laugh: :-X

I think your issue likely lies elsewhere other than security because I play using a limited account and everything works just fine.  However, I did install using an admin account because there is often an issue if more than one application is being installed even if you initiate the parent using admin rights.  I don't recall if you installed using an admin account, but knowing how Windows is fussy, that might be one cause.

Another might be the default installation directory - did you use one other than default?

Like B33 ENN, I too play in offline mode once the application is successfully installed.

PS: welcome back B33 ENN; it's been a while since I've seen you in the boards  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳