Useful Outposts

Started by Binnatics, December 15, 2012, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 19, 2012, 09:56:07 AM
Most of the space in my rucksack is filled with herbs and spices  :-D I keep crafting all kinds of syringes out of the stuff in it when I need them and that usually means there are no or not the right leaves around, let alone plucking flowers during a fight isn't the brightest of all ideas.  :-()

I'm at the point where I do not need to upgrade much of anything, and I've not done any of the hunter quests to max out my items capacities because I'm happy with my current capacities.  I sold all of my skins, and like Art, am keeping my herbs and spices for cooking purposes.  :-()

Art Blade

cooking? no, I just like to get and stay high on the herbal stuff Dennis and Alec showed me :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

No, use. The substances are meant to be consumed and to have some effect, so I make proper use of them. Abuse, the opposite, would be if someone thought of cooking them instead..  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Binnatics

On my second playthrough, after completing all the missions, I decided to start with some useful outposts. (I didn't unlock any of them yet)
I unlocked the alternative for the black panther skin by accident (Orphan Point) and indeed found the black panther skin there. So it may pop up there more frequently then in the other ;)

I also added some colour to the different info to make it a bit easier to read. And added info about some Wanted Dead quests that are needed for one of the Skills.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

thank you :) I love this topic, looks fantastic now. Here another +1  :) :-X

PZ

Yes indeed, kudos Binn! These tips posts are excellent

durian

Binnatics, you got +1 from me for the tips  :-X
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Binnatics

:) Thanx guys, it was a nice thing to do ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

DKM2

I've been trying to map out checks for the Outposts, and as related to this topic
it seems the only outpost without a Wanted, Memory Card or Path of Hunter,
is Kirge Valley River Fishing in the south and I've never been there.

Is it possible to do any of these side missions or collect the Cards without capturing the Outpost?
Because it kind of looks like if you want to complete everything you can only leave that one open.
Might be best to have just two separate saves or something if you want to play both ways.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

basically all of the above depends on unlocking your safehouse which means liberating the outpost. Without, you can't access the safehouse hence not grab the memory card and no missions will show up.

DKM2

okay, here's what I came up with, maybe you can use it to help pick out your outposts.

btw, still needs to be double checked etc...
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

Nice :)

Check Vasla Docks and Orphan Point, both are said to be the ones where to unlock the Path of the Hunter quest for the black panther. I had Orphan Point twice in a row in two playthroughs.

Binnatics

Quote from: DKM2 on December 27, 2012, 09:05:50 AM
...Is it possible to do any of these side missions or collect the Cards without capturing the Outpost?

As far as I know, it's not possible. I tried to get the mem cards by sneaking in, but the safe house will only open after liberation. Same for the quests. So indeed:

Quote from: DKM2 on December 27, 2012, 09:05:50 AM
...Might be best to have just two separate saves or something if you want to play both ways.

I first did literally everything (100% completion). Then I got bored in a friendly world with not enough to shoot. So on my second playthrough, I came up with the idea of only liberating the outposts who are interesting for the gameplay. In fact, I completed the game entirely without liberating any. That is possible but you will have to do without the final upgrades. Now I'm having fun liberating them one by one. And if there's no outposts left; I'll start a third playthrough ^-^

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on December 28, 2012, 12:17:00 PM
As far as I know, it's not possible. I tried to get the mem cards by sneaking in, but the safe house will only open after liberation. Same for the quests. So indeed:

Correct; i managed to kill almost all the pirates in an area and then as the remaining were off who knows where, I tried to open the door but was not successful.

Quote from: Binnatics on December 28, 2012, 12:17:00 PM
I first did literally everything (100% completion). Then I got bored in a friendly world with not enough to shoot. So on my second playthrough, I came up with the idea of only liberating the outposts who are interesting for the gameplay. In fact, I completed the game entirely without liberating any. That is possible but you will have to do without the final upgrades. Now I'm having fun liberating them one by one. And if there's no outposts left; I'll start a third playthrough ^-^

I'm on a second play through on the console and still on the first on the PC.  In both I'm enjoying liberating the outposts immensely.  I do like the southern outposts more than in the north because of fewer obstacles in the way of long shots in the south.  Most of the northern outposts are heavily surrounded by trees, which prevents me taking position on top of a far away hill with my Z93.  :-()

Quote from: DKM2 on December 28, 2012, 10:44:10 AM
okay, here's what I came up with, maybe you can use it to help pick out your outposts.

btw, still needs to be double checked etc...

Looks great DKM2; kudos!  ^-^

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on December 28, 2012, 05:30:17 PM
Most of the northern outposts are heavily surrounded by trees, which prevents me taking position on top of a far away hill with my Z93.  :-()

Something else that blocks your 'view' when sniping from far away is the damn limit they set to sniper bullets. I believe they won't travel farther than 300 meters or something.  :D

DKM2

Looks great DKM2; kudos!  ^-^

Whole Checklist thing is almost done, a few pages to move around and I'll upload a beta for you guys to pick apart.
Its been one of the harder ones to do, alot of interrelated stuff, etc..

Art Blade

I reckon you've liked it even better, then  :-() (you've been fond of creating checklists for a long time now) :) Good w@&k, thanks again  :-X

durian

I do like the southern outposts more than in the north because of fewer obstacles in the way of long shots in the south.  Most of the northern outposts are heavily surrounded by trees, which prevents me taking position on top of a far away hill with my Z93.  :-()

I have the same thought.
Im pleasantly suprised with the ease of getting on top of mountains to snipe baddies in the South map.

durian

Quote from: Binnatics on December 29, 2012, 11:23:21 AM
Something else that blocks your 'view' when sniping from far away is the damn limit they set to sniper bullets. I believe they won't travel farther than 300 meters or something.  :D

I remembered once I used AMR to pick off bad guys from 200+ meters but it didn't w@&k  ::)

Art Blade

range is about 130/140 metres max :(

durian

Yeah that's really weird and disappointing considering you've got a sniper rifle with high power scope.

Binnatics

Quote from: durian on December 29, 2012, 01:37:04 PM
Yeah that's really weird and disappointing considering you've got a sniper rifle with high power scope.

Indeed!! :angry-new: How could they ever be so stupid??!! >:(( :angel:

Art Blade

the high-power scope isn't so high-powered at all. if you look at a target 130/140 metres away, you really have to have a good monitor (or a large TV) to perform headshots.

Tags:
🡱 🡳