AC3 easter egg in FC3

Started by JRD, December 15, 2012, 10:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

If "Leap of Faith" (while used in the AC series) is actually an Easter Egg it probably should be linked back to the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade movie where he's searching for the Holy Grail.

It was one of the trials or actually a puzzle step to get into the deepest part of the (what was it? Templar fortress?) lair to find the grail for the evil guys holding his dying father hostage.  He had to leap out over a wide chasm where the safe path was actually concealed through optical illusion to appear exactly like the depths of the abyss on either side.  He then spread a handful of sand on the surface so those following him could see it.

I wasn't that big of a fan of Indy. (*Yawn*)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on December 19, 2012, 03:49:02 PM
If "Leap of Faith" (while used in the AC series) is actually an Easter Egg it probably should be linked back to the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade movie where he's searching for the Holy Grail.

True, but the Ubi guys were still in diapers when that series came out so I doubt that they would relate  :-()

Jim di Griz

It's the folks who have laid bets on it happening or not that get me...if they're correct and the world does end, how will they collect their winnings?

It's all good though folks, you'll be around for a few more playthroughs yet - the Mayans are preparing for a party to celebrate the coming new era, that's why the current calendar stops tomorrow  :) There is also another calendar that goes on to the year 6000 or something.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

Quote from: Jim di Griz on December 19, 2012, 11:56:38 PM
It's the folks who have laid bets on it happening or not that get me...if they're correct and the world does end, how will they collect their winnings?

They probably didn't think it through that far :-()

Well, since I'm probably the one who's closest to the date line here, I'll be the first one among us to find out if it happens or not. If it does, I'll let you know :-()

You're quite right Jim. I don't know where people are getting all this end-of-the-world stuff from, the Maya never indicated anything like that. Doom mongers have predicted that the world would end in 1982 (planetary alignment and/or preoccupation with Nostradamus), 1984 (preoccupation with George Orwell), 1991 (some obscure bloody biblical reference or something), 1999 (eve of the third millennium - which it wasn't - and more preoccupation with Nostradamus), 2000 (start of the third millennium - which it wasn't), 2001 (real start of third millennium plus preoccupation with Stanley Kubrick) and now again here in 2012.

We're still here.

I guarantee that the world will definitely end - in about three or four billion years' time when the sun expands to become a red giant star, unless a cometary impact wipes us all out first, or being bombarded with One Direction drives us all to commit mass suicide.

But I believe there is still plenty of time for more FC3 playthroughs :-()

Art Blade

if in doubt, hurry up with your next playthrough  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Quote from: fragger on December 20, 2012, 03:11:47 AM
Well, since I'm probably the one who's closest to the date line here, I'll be the first one among us to find out if it happens or not. If it does, I'll let you know :-()

:laugh: Priceless
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Relax people... if the Mayans were good in predicting the future there would still be Mayans around!  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Art Blade

durian

Maybe they were good at predicting the end of the world but bad at predicting the future of their own ?  ;D
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

:-D  we'll soon see!

The dilemma is that it is the 21st in fragger's neck of the woods but only the 20th in min.  Whose time zone did the Mayan's choose to accept?  ????

Art Blade

Jim di Griz

Quote from: JRD on December 20, 2012, 02:57:15 PM
...if the Mayans were good in predicting the future there would still be Mayans around!  ;)
They just didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition...

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

PZ

I understand that only a few documents remain because the efforts of the Spanish Priests to eradicate:

Quote"We found a large number of books in these characters and, as they contained nothing in which were not to be seen as superstition and lies of the devil, we burned them all, which they (the Maya) regretted to an amazing degree, and which caused them much affliction."

Such ignorance is terrible

Quote from: Art Blade on December 20, 2012, 09:31:32 PM
theirs.  :-D

Unfortunately the Maya had no idea of the concept of time zones.  :-()

Art Blade

Jim di Griz

But at the same time, the calculations of the moon phases would have been done from their time-zone - so you're both right.

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

For those of you who got past the "kill Hoyt" sequence:

Does the missing finger remind you of someone in AC..? Starts with "Al" and ends in "taïr"  :-()

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳