Roaming the islands

Started by PZ, December 14, 2012, 07:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Quote from: fragger on September 03, 2013, 04:53:43 AM

But if there's a hole somewhere, I'll find it and be silly enough to fall into it :-() Thank heavens for fast travel... If I ever find it again, I'll point it out.

The road along the front of the area for the experimental kennels (in the hunter mission where you kill the rabid dogs with the RPG) has a rock embankment that conceals a hole such as the one you've described.  I was crabbing sideways following the [mini-map] illuminated mission boundary while scanning for one last dog to complete the mission and slipped into a hole much like the one you described fragger becoming irrecoverably stuck forcing a mission abort and restart due to fast traveling back to the outpost where the mission was on the bulletin board.

I've mentioned it before in an earlier post.  The irony does not escape me that if it turns out to be the same hole I was silly enough to fall into it first.  :laugh:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

that would be funny :-D

I recently found a place I remembered from a side mission on the Southern island which has some sort of command post on a slab of rock you can reach from the back at ground level or front using a ladder. I climbed (slid) down the ladder and wham! fell through the floor. Nice..
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

That sounds familiar, I think I did the same thing thing, at least I recall sliding down a ladder only to find that the ground wasn't so solid underneath me.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳