FC3: Questions

Started by PZ, December 09, 2012, 02:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

The repair tool aka blow torch actually isn't half bad when you carry it around with you. If you really want, you can limit yourself to three weapons plus repair tool. I like to have it with me when I've got quite some driving (distance) to do. Most of the times I either damage my car by running over animals (if you do in lots of 'em and big ones like bears and buffaloes you will notice, hehe) or pirates or mercs or careening down cliffs or get into firefights. None of which requires a repair tool but if you have one, it's fun  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I've not even had the chance to equip the repair tool yet I've been so busy doing other things.  That's just one more think on my bucket list of things to do in FC3.

mandru

Art I double checked the tutorial for Gunslinger Take Down and it definitely says for PC play it's the LMB as opposed to the aim button is the RMB.  ???

Another question about Gunslinger.  I know with Knife Throw I enjoy that it's an automatic motion.  By any chance is Gunslinger automated the same way or do you have to individually aim each shot into the nearby group?

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

I think it's automated the same way as the knife one, I did it by accident once and I was so surprised that I failed to notice whether it did the aiming for me or if I just got lucky.

You can also use the blowtorch to simply set stuff on fire with, such as wooden buildings :-X

PZ

Quote from: fragger on January 01, 2013, 08:21:51 PM
You can also use the blowtorch to simply set stuff on fire with, such as wooden buildings :-X

I thought it was really cool that buildings would burn, but when the flames stopped the building was in as good a shape as before the fire.  :-\\

fragger

Yep, it would be nice if they burned right down or collapsed or something, even if they rebuilt themselves after you'd moved on, like the destructible structures in FC2 did.

Art Blade

mandru, you're right, the tutorial says LMB. That's precisely why I told you they fucked it up, it actually is the RMB. Believe me, I practised all those different takedown skills so I know that the knife is fire (LMB), the gun aim (RMB) and grenade the grenade key. The knife will automatically go into the nearest enemy while the gunslinger takedown will only whip out a D50 and you then have to press fire. If there is no one around, you'll just see the pistol for a short while and then throw it away, when there are more than one enemies nearby, you need to fire several times (best until it stops firing and you throw the deagle away). Oh, best turn your pistol-takedown-enemy around a bit before you take him down (try to prepare him that way) so you can see enemies before shooting them  :-D

:)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

I've just started the game and already I'm stuck, in the beginning where he makes a run for it he bumps into a merc with a knife as he comes out from the rock overhang. the tutorial function comes up on the screen showing to use the right Alt button, I would like to know why? because that button doesn't do a damn thing for me, getting killed all the time

mandru

Rt-ALT button?  Wow, that's weird.  I don't recall that at all.  :-\\

By any chance nex have you remapped your keyboard layout?
- mandru

nexor

Yes I have, I selected R-Alt to jump because it's close to hand, I changed it back to space and it's works fine now thanks, I completed two missions

Art Blade

so much for "remapping" functionality. :D

mandru

I'm glad you got it sorted out nex.

Because I couldn't remember exactly what happened at that part of the game I went in on a new start and ran through it and yes Mash the "Space" key was what I needed to get past the point you were asking about.

Who knows, now that I've started another run I've gotten caught back up in the feel FC3's early play and may have run it out again.  :-D
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

From what I've noticed the "mash" key gets randomized each time you need to use it. I recall fighting a croc and using something like the "S" key the first time, then the next time I fought one a few minutes later, I was ready with the S key, but it came up to use the space bar. I was confused enough that the croc got the better of me.

I also had a problem with the change seat key in vehicles, I had it set to "C" but there was also something else set to "C" even though it was in another mode screen, not vehicle mode, you'd think it wouldn't matter, but it did, I had to set that other thing to something else in order for the change seat key to w@&k in a vehicle. That might be the problem nexor has, is anything else in any other key config screen also set to the same key?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nexor

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on March 12, 2013, 10:38:24 AM
is anything else in any other key config screen also set to the same key?

Nope, I checked and double checked, the only multiple key settings I have is the on foot and vehicle movements , forward, backwards, left and right , on the arrow keys

fragger

I've found that the mash key to kill the pirate in the "run through the jungle" scene is always the same - for me it's "Up", which I remapped for "jump". But I know what D_B is saying about that croc mission, it's a random choice between several keys each time.

My interact key is "c" and this always works for getting in and out of vehicles - EXCEPT during the tutorial when I accompany Dennis in the car to liberate the first outpost. To get out of the car, I have to hit "e". That's the only time in the whole game I have to do that ????

nexor

Guys I've spent the past hour reading posts in trying to find how and where to sell all the junk I'm carrying   ???

Somewhere I read that when you press Esc there would be a "quick sale" function, even after I wiped my specs clean I still couldn't see it    :D

mandru

When you are engaged in a gun shop or at a vending machine in the upper right corner there are two buttons that toggle whether you are buying or selling then once you are in the selling mode the quick sale option will appear among options in the lower right corner of the screen.  :-X

Come to think of it those two buttons that toggle "buying or selling" really don't look much like buttons but they serve that function and looking back also gave me fits the first time I tried to figure out how to sell all the junk in my rucksack.
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Plus you can use the sort button to sort all the junk to sell to the top of the list, but this is usually the default. You can sort by most expensive or most recent to find things to sell, like if you already have all the stuff crafted from tiger skins, you can sort by most expensive to find them to sell. Most skins are more expensive than the plants you need for syringes anyway.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nexor

Thanks mandru and DB, yes I've seen the sort function, had to use it a few times to get rid of some junk, will keep an eye out for the buy/sell buttons

ps:  Thanks mandru, as my mother used to say, "if it was a snake, it would have bitten you, open your eyes you little s#!t!"   :-D

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

fragger

:laugh:

Nex, you can also sell an individual item such as an animal skin or a leaf that you might not need anymore by double-clicking on it in the vendor sell screen (animal skins and leaves aren't covered by the "quick sell" function). So if you skin a crocodile for instance you can get a few bucks for it, if you really need the money that much...

nexor

Thanks fragger, will take me a while to get the hang of it  :-D

nexor

How come the screenshots you guys post don't show the mini map and mine do   :D

mandru

I hit the print screen button on my computer to make a screen capture which then is auto filed in my FC3 screenshot folder under Documents>MyGames>Far Cry3.

Are you using the same process nex?  ????

Also if you use the camera you won't get the momentary sway from swinging a knife to have a weapon free picture and it should also give you a capture without the mini map.  :-X
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳