FC3: Questions

Started by PZ, December 09, 2012, 02:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

they probably don't even know how to do things "easy"  :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: spearhead_22 on December 12, 2012, 03:53:28 AM
Will have to try out Durian's method. Didn't know that I could run over a shark with a boat! ???? Yet to kill a shark with an arrow though.

This is why I like open world games so much.  It was funny running the sharks over - you hear and feel a thump as your boat goes over them.  They sink to the bottom though so you need to be careful another shark doesn't get you while you skin the first one  :-()

durian

Quote from: PZ on December 12, 2012, 10:42:21 AM
This is why I like open world games so much.  It was funny running the sharks over - you hear and feel a thump as your boat goes over them.  They sink to the bottom though so you need to be careful another shark doesn't get you while you skin the first one  :-()
Once I was diving and about to skin a shark and then another one attacked me.
After that I always use the camera to scout the area to know how many sharks there are. If there's only 1, then I just dive to skin them after running over it. If there are more than 1, I killed all of them first than diving and skinning them.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

same here, durian, except for the boat bit  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Just wondering, what difficulty level have you guys been playing on? I chose the middle one, "Survivor". Next go-around I think I'll do the easier one...

Jim di Griz

The gun-boat runs sharks over with a satisfying sound  ^-^

I think I might try the Crocodile Dundee approach next time though, grenades or C4 - trouble is they don't float up to the surface when dead...
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

fragger, I did it on easy but in the south I realised I had been playing on medium the gods know since when. I remember during some early missions I kept getting a message that I could adjust the difficulty level which I ignored as I already had adjusted it. However, I reset it to easy only recently.

Jim, I tried grenade-fishing with those sharks but without any luck so I shot them with various weapons and only by accident ran a shark over in a boat. Quite a bump, I must say :-D

durian

Quote from: fragger on December 12, 2012, 03:17:19 PM
Just wondering, what difficulty level have you guys been playing on? I chose the middle one, "Survivor". Next go-around I think I'll do the easier one...

At first I chose Survivor but after a while I went down to adventurer as it's a bit hard for me.

fragger

I was doing OK on Survivor until some of the last main missions where there were sometimes crazy amounts of enemies coming at me. I was spending half the time shooting back, half the time patching myself up and half the time reloading. OK, so that's three halves, but I was one and a half times busy :-()

Art Blade

Yeah fragger, you see, out of the five of us there are no four alike because us three are the two only ones. :-D

DKM2

How do you get a Machete, you can't seem to buy one?   or am i just going blind?
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

use your melee attack button/key to whip it out for a slash. You can get some (depending on DLC and game progress) in the melee weapon section to the very end of the list at an arms dealer or vending machine. :)

PZ

I just completed the dreaded boss mission where you kill the ink monster.  Relative to this position in the game, when do I get to go to south island?

Art Blade

hard to tell.. something like 2 or 3 missions later or to put it this way, you're damn close  :)

spearhead_22

Need a bit of help in locating Amber leaves. I am all out of them and can't craft any more syringes for hunting. Does anybody know where can I find some? I had collected a few when I started playing the game, but don't remember the exact location.

Btw, if I am correct, sharks are attracted by blood and can also finish off another bleeding shark, but in this game I guess their sense of smell is weak. Else it would have been fun to kill one shark and lure the others and then finish them off all at once.  ^-^
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

Art Blade

all of the plants basically either grow in clusters or thinly spread but they do grow basically everywhere. The easiest way is to either walk or drive around and you'll unavoidably find loads of them. I recommend upgrading your rucksack so you can keep a sufficient amount for later crafting if your syringe kit is already full (might as well upgrade that, too) :)

And yes.. sharks in FC3 have no sense for blood at all but still, they are very fond of nibbling  :-D

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on December 13, 2012, 08:04:33 AM
Yeah fragger, you see, out of the five of us there are no four alike because us three are the two only ones. :-D

Makes sense to me :laugh:

You're close, PZ. After the big boss fight you:
go to sort out Vaas;
meet up again with Citra;
go see your buddies;
do a mission with that Willis guy (prepare for more racing against time there);
then you go south.

For your eyes only
(Hope your wife didn't see what you got up to with Citra after the boss fight 8-X)

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 13, 2012, 10:46:13 PM
For your eyes only
(Hope your wife didn't see what you got up to with Citra after the boss fight 8-X)

:laugh: :-X  just finished the Citra cut scene

Art Blade

^ how many times?  8-X :-()

fragger

durian

PZ

mandru

I've got a question on the skill tree.  I've noticed the skill upgrade Gunslinger Take Down has the exact same key clicks as the Knife Throw Take Down which sets off some flags of concern for me.

The Knife Throw is a stealth move and the Gunslinger is anything but stealth.  I'd be far better off making a straight take down and then using my own silenced full auto weapon to smear a nearby unsuspecting group.  I honestly don't believe for a second that a small mob of enemies will pointedly look the other way as you gun them all down one by one as shown in the tutorial video clip.  ????

Does the Gunslinger skill override the Knife Throw skill?  Is the game smart enough to recognize that you are in a stealth situation and a double kill through a silent knife flip is infinitely more desirable than to jump out guns blazing?

I am hoping that maybe the game is smart enough to know when there are times that there only two enemies immediately present and go with the Knife Toss.  Even though I have a few skill upgrades currently available I am hesitant to accept the Gunslinger Take Down skill upgrade on the off chance it will cost me a skill much more useful and suited to my style of play even if it is less flashy.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Don't worry, they just fucked up the description. Knife is fire button, Grenade is grenade button, Pistol is your aim button. So you can always decide which one to use, they always w@&k.  :)

I had the same problem and Binnatics found the solution somewhere on the net and told me. Now I tell you.  :-D

B33 ENN

Soon as I saw it uses a slot I never bothered with it, preferring to leave the stranded guys by the road as I drive my hijacked vehicle by laughing...

Quote from: Art Blade on December 09, 2012, 04:32:02 PM
I have and yes, it is true. You can set stuff alight with it (it is even possible to burn enemies to death with it...

...but now I see the error of my ways and shall equip it forthwith!
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

Tags:
🡱 🡳