Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

"..keeps the doctor away?"  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

PZ

Comparing the PC version to the PS3... all I can say is "WOW".  The graphics are crisper, and aiming is so much more realistic using the mouse.  This is the same I experienced in the difference between the PC and PS3 versions of FC2.  It is like playing a modded game from the start, and I don't even have any mods installed yet.

I've used my Setpoint applet to map my mouse buttons to frequently-used functions, and even my combat proficiency is much better on the PC.

Driving along the roads of North Island
[smg id=5044 width=400 align=center]

This guy reminds me of the cabbie at the beginning of FC2; the one that drives you to the hotel in Pala
[smg id=5045 width=400 align=center]

Scary cave where you find the single mushroom
[smg id=5046 width=400 align=center]

Hang gliding is simply marvelous in FC3, with long flights possible.
[smg id=5047 width=400 align=center]

Art Blade

I can tell you're enjoying it, nice pics, too :)

The pic with Dennis driving the technical reminds me of my first playthrough and I thought the same. :) Hang gliding is indeed cool again, as it used to be in FC1. If you're brave and crazy, use the hang glider to crash into the top of an unlocked radio tower.. saves you the climbing  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 21, 2012, 08:10:07 PM
... If you're brave and crazy, use the hang glider to crash into the top of an unlocked radio tower.. saves you the climbing  :-D

I thought of that as I approached a tower, but was too cowardly to attempt it!

Art Blade

I happened to unlock one like that, only it occurred to me too late on my first playthrough. This time, I'm on my 2nd, I'm aware of the possibility and will continue using that method when I get the chance :)

PZ

It does sound like a thrill, and one of these days I'll try it (probably after I get the wing suit).

Now, I'm back into the game for a couple more hours  >:D

Art Blade

Something to try for you, if the hang glider thingy with radio towers is too much. Bear hunting with a blow torch  >:D

[smg id=5048 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 22 00139"]

fragger

Nice pics, fellas :-X LMAO Art, I can almost smell the singed fur :-() Looks like he's gonna get it where it hurts...

@PZ, good to have another FC3er on the PC deck - more possibilities for cool screenies to look at :-D

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 21, 2012, 09:21:50 PM
@PZ, good to have another FC3er on the PC deck - more possibilities for cool screenies to look at :-D

Indeed fragger; I must admit that if I have a choice, I'll do the PC version because it is much easier and more realistic to control.

Quote from: Art Blade on December 21, 2012, 08:29:52 PM
Something to try for you, if the hang glider thingy with radio towers is too much. Bear hunting with a blow torch  >:D

[smg id=5048 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 22 00139"]

That's a great one Art; does the blowtorch do enough damage to quickly kill the bear?

Art Blade

:-D
Not at all, PZ. I used two syringes of animal repellents and kept running after the bear trying to cook him dead in the process but it didn't w@&k. While I was chasing him trying to keep the flame on his bum, someone else (no time to turn around to see who it was or the bear would escape) was running behind me shooting at the bear and the both of us didn't succeed in killing him. When the repellent expired, the bear immediately mauled me and I had to use another syringe and a shotgun to finally finish him off.

PZ

:laugh: :-X

Here a couple of locations that you might recognize:

... a tower
[smg id=5050 width=400 align=center]

...it's location
[smg id=5051 width=400 align=center]

... an interesting landmark
[smg id=5052 width=400 align=center]

...it's location
[smg id=5053 width=400 align=center]

I know pics like this have been posted, but this is my first  :-()
[smg id=5054 width=400 align=center]

PZ

What's wrong with this photo?

[smg id=5055 width=400 align=center]

Binnatics

There's nothing to shoot :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

durian

Quote from: fragger on December 21, 2012, 09:21:50 PM
Nice pics, fellas :-X LMAO Art, I can almost smell the singed fur :-() Looks like he's gonna get it where it hurts...

Yes. And I'm looking forward to nice shots from mandru, DB and other PC guys.

As for the shot of PZ, I noticed there's a silencer on AK  ???
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Quote from: durian on December 22, 2012, 11:50:25 AM
As for the shot of PZ, I noticed there's a silencer on AK  ???

Sharp man, durian!  :-X

I'm going to purchase an optical sight as well.  ^-^

PZ

The Medusa mission... with a twist

I think this might be fraggers cave (I remember fragger mentioning something about an alternate path but not the particulars).  In any case, this is a cave where you pick up a relic and then continue through the cave until you are on a perch high above the Medusa.  You are not close enough to start the game, but you can kill people with your sniper, without triggering the "Failed mission" message  >:D
[smg id=5056 width=400 align=center]

This is the map location
[smg id=5057 width=400 align=center]

As you can see, you can tag the targets of interest
[smg id=5058 width=400 align=center]

This poor schmuck sent up dozens of flares while I was there, but no reinforcements arrived.  I kept it up until I ran out of sniper rounds and then tried to go down, Art's sideways method.  Once I got close enough to trigger the mission start, the game immediately informed me that I had failed because I had alerted the guards.

Maybe so... but it was worth it  >:D

I just love open world games!
[smg id=5059 width=400 align=center]

Art Blade

heh, I too got a few of those "mission failed" messages because I did something the devs didn't allow  :)

I too noticed the silencer.. and now an optical sight?! Don't tell me you've begun to mod the game already  :laugh:

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 22, 2012, 12:58:04 PM
I too noticed the silencer.. and now an optical sight?! Don't tell me you've begun to mod the game already  :laugh:

:laugh: I just can't help myself.  Even though I haven't done south yet, I'm saving my pennies for that Z93 and the ACE  I see in the vending machine >:D

Just before popping this guy's grape
[smg id=5060 width=400 align=center]

This is the last of the 3 radio operators.  I managed to get all three from this high point without anyone being the wiser
[smg id=5061 width=400 align=center]

The view from here is stunning
[smg id=5062 width=400 align=center]

Next, I dove down from the cliff top into the water and swam toward the first operator to loot the key
[smg id=5063 width=400 align=center]

After looting all three keys, I'm now on top of the ship with the radio room objective.  I only had to knife kill 3 welders to get to this point.
[smg id=5064 width=400 align=center]

The waterfall high on the mountain is where I originated my attack - this is the cave exit from the relic obtained earlier.
[smg id=5065 width=400 align=center]

Just another beach view - beautiful
[smg id=5066 width=400 align=center]

Viewing the area from the northeast ship
[smg id=5067 width=400 align=center]

Art Blade

Nice adventure and screenshots, PZ :)

Man, I still can't get over your modded weaps  :laugh:

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 22, 2012, 02:18:26 PM
Man, I still can't get over your modded weaps  :laugh:

Thanks, AB

:laugh: I know... modding for me is just about as good as playing the game itself.  >:D

On an aside, the Medusa mission embodies  what I liked best about FC2 open missions.  You can approach from a variety of perspectives, but I didn't expect this vantage point from a relic quest considering the linear nature of many of the other missions.  Makes me want to explore other options in remaining missions.

fragger

Good stuff PZ, nice pics and fun story :-X :)

PZ

Thanks fragger; it sure is fun to travel the islands.  ^-^

PZ

This is an example of a mission that starts out open world in the best sense, and then turns into a CoD run-and-gun.  I originally really disliked it, but then played on the PC and it is much better despite the linear nature of the center section of the mission.

Mission: Prison Break-In

I started the prison break in mission on a jet sky, and found the mouth of this tunnel.  I couldn't resist this side tripThis is the location of the mouth of the tunnel.Hang gliding over the camp where Jason is to kill the commander and take the key to the prison
[smg id=5068 width=200 align=center][smg id=5069 width=200 align=center][smg id=5070 width=200 align=center]
I figured the best place to scope things out would be this sniper platform.  No one was in it, so it was easy to make my way up without alerting anyone.There he is... I'll take out everyone else first starting with the perimeter, and then working my way in.  After I shot a few, one pirate got a glimpse of me and they started up, but they were no match for the suppressed AK47.Here's where the mission becomes linear, I made my way through the cave and Vaas hit me over the head.  When I came to, here is what I saw.
[smg id=5071 width=200 align=center][smg id=5072 width=200 align=center][smg id=5073 width=200 align=center]
Neglected to take photos during the escape, but when Liza and I exited the hotel, here was an opportunity.  We ran to the Jeep, Liza drove and I rode in the back.The hotel burned nicely and collapsed to the ground, then the pirates started chasing us in vehicles.It was my job to use a grenade launcher on the pursuers - easy w@&k using the mouse (I had a problem with this on my PS3).
[smg id=5074 width=200 align=center][smg id=5075 width=200 align=center][smg id=5076 width=200 align=center]
Liza is frightened to within an inch of her life and is seriously concerned about what to do.We finally escaped all the bad guys and made it back to Docs mansion where Liza is to stay in the cave with Daisy.Once inside the cave, reunion time with Daisy!.
[smg id=5077 width=200 align=center][smg id=5078 width=200 align=center][smg id=5079 width=200 align=center]
My first job was to find a part and bring it to Daisy - doesn't this look familiar?... how about now?  In particular, this image and the last one qre quite reminiscent of the barge in FC2.Because this was my first time in the cave, I decided to go after the relic in the back side tunnel of the cave.  I knew a bear would be waiting, so I pulled out the trusty flamethrower.
[smg id=5080 width=200 align=center][smg id=5081 width=200 align=center][smg id=5082 width=200 align=center]

Meeting Citra

I love flying in the hang glider.  Here I'm on my way to my first meeting with CitraCitra certainly holds a spell over these guysShe has that "bad girl" demeanor about her.
[smg id=5083 width=200 align=center][smg id=5084 width=200 align=center][smg id=5085 width=200 align=center]

Art Blade

man, what an effort.. worth a slap on the back, PZ :) +1  :-X very nice :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳