Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on December 11, 2012, 12:36:40 PM
I think I found fragger's crab :) Well, even if it wasn't fragger's, you won't find this crab any more.  :-D

Hey! I don't have any crabs! :-()

I agree about the game world, it's beautiful and diverse, and I think we could be finding new stuff for ages. There are temple ruins all over the place. I like how the evidence for different periods of history is scattered all over the islands - ancient temples, remains of shipwrecks from different periods, old WW2-era forts, I even found a couple of rusting crash-landed Zeros.

I saw a stingray in the water the other night, and came across a pair of giant tortoises that pulled themselves into their shells when I got close 8) Just when you think you've spotted all the creature types, something new pops up.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 11, 2012, 03:21:37 PM
Hey! I don't have any crabs! :-()

I agree about the game world, it's beautiful and diverse, and I think we could be finding new stuff for ages. There are temple ruins all over the place. I like how the evidence for different periods of history is scattered all over the islands - ancient temples, remains of shipwrecks from different periods, old WW2-era forts, I even found a couple of rusting crash-landed Zeros.

I saw a stingray in the water the other night, and came across a pair of giant tortoises that pulled themselves into their shells when I got close 8) Just when you think you've spotted all the creature types, something new pops up.

This is one of the reasons I like the game so much.  Despite my complaints about the linearity of the main missions, I'm discovering that they are not as annoying to me as I originally thought they would be.  My test of how much I like a game is how often I take time to play it, and if the anticipation of playing gets me excited.  So far, the game is slowly becoming more interesting to me especially when I read of the adventures that many of you are having.

fragger

It was probably the realisation that the main missions were going down the CoD path that distressed me :-() It was like, "Oh no, not this! What have they done?!" Fortunately a lot of the mains aren't real long and as I said elsewhere, once you've done them and know what to expect they'll probably go a lot easier.

There is a ton of fun to be had outside of those, and you can spend hours just driving around taking in the scenery.

Thunderstorms are cool, you can almost smell the ozone in the air :-X

Art Blade

indeed, and agree.. I love the environment with the free-roam aspect and all its surprises and that easily helps overcome some irrelevant main mission..  :-()

during a mission
[smg id=4982 type=link align=center width=500]
under water
[smg id=4983 type=link align=center width=500]
nice view
[smg id=4984 type=link align=center width=500]
inside a temple
[smg id=4985 type=link align=center width=500]
pedestrians, holiday feeling
[smg id=4986 type=link align=center width=500]
they actually moan their dead
[smg id=4987 type=link align=center width=500]
some road trip
[smg id=4988 type=link align=center width=500]
temple view
[smg id=4989 type=link align=center width=500]
can't stop looking at it
[smg id=4991 type=link align=center width=500]
it's probably a nice bar..
[smg id=4992 type=link align=center width=500]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Great screenies.  :-X
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

fragger

Nice ones all, Art :-X :)

Some of those sunsets are amazing. In fact all the skies in FC3 are strikingly realistic. I've been trying to w@&k out if they're actually parallaxed photos that are subtly swapped when you're not looking to reflect time of day, of if they are in fact fractally generated like FC2's. If so, then it's a remarkable job.

PZ

Fantastic; live seeing your pics, Art  :-X

fragger

[smg id=4994 align=center width=600]

spearhead_22

Very nice screenshots, Art and fragger  :-X. I am tempted to capture a few of my own and put them up here  :)
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

Art Blade

cheers, guys :) And lol, fragger  :laugh:

My first captured outpost on the southern map. Nothing special but I can't stop looking at it  :)
[smg id=4995 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0014"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on December 11, 2012, 05:09:03 PM
indeed, and agree.. I love the environment with the free-roam aspect and all its surprises and that easily helps overcome some irrelevant main mission..  :-()

temple view
[smg id=4989 type=link align=center width=500]

I wonder if that's the same place as depicted in this shot from the Minecraft version....

[smg id=4784]

I really need to get this game installed, it's just sitting there on the desk mocking me every time I play Minecraft.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I'm quite positive it is, D_B. There is a big tree in the centre, and that is indeed where the Temple is and what it looks like there.  :) Stop MC for a while and marvel at the islands and their secrets :)

fragger

Here's one of those booby-trap situations. Three pirates hang around a burning car:
[smg id=4998 align=center width=600]

Then BOOM! Pirates on toast! The Ratyak are presumably behind these traps, but you never see them putting them in place. You just see the pirates standing around watching it until it blows up. A split second after I took this shot, the guy closest to the car went flying >:D
[smg id=4999 align=center width=600]

This is a fun location, a small township near the centre of the north island. Part of a mission takes place here, where you and a bunch of Ratyak guys ambush some pirates who are transporting Ratyak prisoners and you have to snipe from the top of the water tower (out of frame to the left here), then jump into a truck and chase the APC. I tried to get a screenie of the map location but the map picture didn't come out.
[smg id=5000 align=center width=600]

I took the photo from the top of this church tower (just like Sefapane!) Bad guys seem to keep spawning - well, arriving from outside town, same thing - but not at a rate that becomes overwhelming, just a few at a time. They don't appear to be able to climb ladders so they can't get to you, and unlike the church tower in Sefapane, this one has a window on every side that you can look out of. A fun hold-the-fort fight that can last as long as your ammo holds out (you can always nip out between waves and snaffle the dead guys' ammo, if you have a weapon for it - or take one of theirs).
[smg id=5001 align=center width=600]

Here's why you sometimes get a rude surprise in a river! Spot the croc:
[smg id=5002 align=center width=600]

Here he is:
[smg id=5003 align=center width=600]

They just lie there at the water's edge until something comes close. And that led to one of the coolest things I've seen in the game so far. Shortly after I took this, a goat wandered too close to the water's edge and the croc shot out, grabbed the goat and pulled it under. I thought that was brilliant 8)

Here's another one (it's actually dead, this is after I blasted it with a shottie):
[smg id=5004 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

Nice pics man  :) :-X Those crocs are really hard to spot until they jump right at you.

Here is a situation similar to fragger's booby trap pics: I approached and the car was on fire, to the left is a location where locals w@&k and walk around. Then the car blew up and took out the mercs

[smg id=5006 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0015"]
[smg id=5007 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0016"]

fragger

:-X That's the one!

The explosions look great in this game!

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on December 13, 2012, 08:08:26 AM
I'm quite positive it is, D_B. There is a big tree in the centre, and that is indeed where the Temple is and what it looks like there.  :) Stop MC for a while and marvel at the islands and their secrets :)

I'm going to try this weekend, really I am, but the Feed The Beast mods for Minecraft have just so many cool things to build. Made a jet pack and laser last night, more fun. Now to figure out how to tap an oil well, and w@&k up to getting a nuclear reactor going. Though my solar panels are giving me plenty of power for what I need right now.
D_B

Art Blade

:-D

OK, I guess 20 hours straight, missions only and a few upgrades for being able to carry more than one weapon at least, and you're back to MC. If it takes longer.. like 120 hours straight.. then you might have started to like FC3 without thinking..  ^-^

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, unlike you, I need to sleep now and then, lol.
D_B

Art Blade

he knows me well, he knows me so damn well  ^-^

PZ

Those are fantastic shots guys  :-X

fragger, when you were in that Church tower, were you on that mission or just free roaming?

I need to start experimenting with mines and C4 - something like sneaking down to plant C4 on a truck where the pirates have walked away momentarily.

fragger

I was just traipsing around, PZ. I came across the town and thought, "Hey, this is a cool little village" the realised it was where that mission took place. It clicked when I saw the water tower :-()

PZ

Excellent news - that means that the pirates come back to the area and you can continue to have a good time experimenting.  :-X

fragger

There's another place where the pirates keep respawning, that dock-type area where you rescue one of your friends - Keith, I think his name is, the scruffy doper with the baseball cap. I can't remember where on the map it is, only that you never run out of pirates there. Another place is the lumber yard, wherever that was - it's too soon in the game to remember where all these places are :-\\

fragger

Quote from: fragger on December 14, 2012, 04:12:32 AM
And that led to one of the coolest things I've seen in the game so far. Shortly after I took this, a goat wandered too close to the water's edge and the croc shot out, grabbed the goat and pulled it under. I thought that was brilliant 8)

Now I've seen a villager get taken by a croc ??? What a nitwit...

Tags:
🡱 🡳