Sorry to rain on the parade so early, but...

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 06:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Great method, Art; one I'll be using as well  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I stayed on the ship but before going into the radio room I mined both the gangways, one mine at the bottom and one at the top of each (being my second 'thru, I knew what was coming and made sure I'd upgraded my munitions pouch beforehand to carry enough mines to do this). There are only those two ways onto the ship and the mines will take out the bulk of the baddies, just hunker down under cover and let them come to their doom! The rest are then fairly easily snipeable.

Nice one Art :-X The FC2 vets are getting back into their devious zones :-()

Art Blade

Hehe, cheers, and yours is a nice one, too  :)

I actually thought about it before going my own way but strange experiences with randomness of the AI and experience with a reset environment due to scripted events, I opted out. Good to know that it does w@&k :)

I even see the possibility of combining your strategy with mine (er.. mine as in yours, not as in explosives)  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 20, 2012, 02:18:34 AM
I stayed on the ship but before going into the radio room I mined both the gangways, one mine at the bottom and one at the top of each (being my second 'thru, I knew what was coming and made sure I'd upgraded my munitions pouch beforehand to carry enough mines to do this). There are only those two ways onto the ship and the mines will take out the bulk of the baddies, just hunker down under cover and let them come to their doom!

This is a completely underutilized method for me; I must start doing mines.  I've been throwing C4 at the heavies, and that works well, as does the flamethrower.

Tags:
🡱 🡳