FC3: Tips and Tricks

Started by Art Blade, December 07, 2012, 11:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Thanks for that one fragger, it does get boring after a while having to fend off the same guy over and over again

fragger

No worries :)

I found a cool spot to get into for the Buck mission that starts off inside the old submarine pen.

From the drain where you swim in, head for these rocks. You can't actually climb onto them normally, but even though you're still in the water, if you try doing sprint/jumps at the base of the rocks where indicated, you can eventually get up onto them. It may take a little perseverance, but once you're up, you can immediately turn to your left and do another sprint/jump to get up onto the dock:
[smg id=6039 align=center width=600]

From there you can make your way around through the old crates and containers, where there are lots of hiding places from which to snipe at the bad guys, and you can even get all the way around to the other side of the sub pen from the main dock:
[smg id=6040 align=center width=600]

Snipe away!

While I was mucking around in there, I found something else. I got to the other side of the pen from the main dock using the aforementioned method, then discovered this route that can get you all the way up to the second floor of the structure (more sprint/jumps required in places):
[smg id=6041 align=center width=600]

Apparently the devs didn't intend for anyone to get up there. The building has open doorways, but there are invisible walls preventing you from entering. There is an open doorway at one end of the building, which presents an odd view when you look into it:
[smg id=6042 align=center width=600]

From the balcony, you can get some neat views of the pen:
[smg id=6043 align=center width=600]
[smg id=6044 align=center width=600]

I don't think you could get all the way along that route without the pirates seeing you (especially the molotov chucker on the sub), but it's something to play around with!

PZ

Man, fragger, you are the king of the hill at finding these cool spots!  (reminds me of the method you found to get to the ledges above the Polytechnic in FC2) 

+1  :-X

Art Blade

fragger, re: avatar. Heh heh, thanks  :-D It is a pic of a guy I sniped so badly he exposed all of his bare bones  :-()

apart from the first pic where you climbed up that rock which I don't remember whether or not I did that, I managed to get everywhere else, too, quite some time ago. I thought it was too tiresome to do it and you don't really benefit from it so I didn't post about it. Nice of you that you did :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Cheers :)

As far as I know, nobody has commented on the following as yet, and I may well be the last one to tumble to it...

Last night I played through the part where Vass dropped me into the sinkhole with a cinder-block bracelet and I had to get out, mug the pirates outside the waterfall, get through the village and hijack the chopper. I never realised it before but if you can take out the bad guys in the village by stealth and prevent them setting off the alarm, the timer won't start and you can take as long as you want.

I've always gone in like gangbusters so that the alarm gets set off and the timer starts. This time I tagged all the baddies from the small bluff near the sinkhole exit, snuck in and took down the pirates one by one. I advise getting the sniper first: wait until he wanders to the back of his perch (away from the others), sneak in and do a "death from below" takedown on him, assuming you have that skill. He should drop his sniper rifle in the process, which you can then grab and later drill the heavy near the chopper in the back of the head with it. You can also do a "DFB" on the rocket guy after you bump off the others (by luring them out of Mr. RPG's sight by strategically throwing rocks and taking them down). Then disarm the alarm at the box near the bridge.

As long as the alarm doesn't get activated, there will be no timer to race against.

Art Blade

fragger, seriously, I didn't even know there was a timer. I always did it the stealthy way and never triggered an alarm.  ??? How funny is that. :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Cool; I like the stealth methods the best  :-X

Abletile

Quote from: Art Blade on June 29, 2013, 04:33:11 AM
I didn't even know there was a timer.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :-X
Nice one Art  8)
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Art Blade

thanks :-D I had to read it twice because at first I didn't get what fragger meant and then I knew why.  ^-^

mandru

If you are using a truck turret mounted gun and under the influence of an Untouchable syringe (or using the godmode command line cheat) if your truck blows up you will still be able to continue fire the gun even though the truck is in ruins.

Once you relinquish possession of the gun and exit the truck (using another syringe will force an exit) you will not be able to access it again.
- mandru

fragger

Art Blade

fragger

Found a neat trick today, though it will only w@&k in the right circumstances.

You've probably noticed how if you snipe bad guys from long range, the bodies will disappear if they get out of your line of sight before you reach them (and sometimes they still do anyway). I used this to my advantage when liberating the Nat's Repairs outpost. Using the Z93 with zoomable scope from extreme range I sniped the RPG guy on the roof of the safehouse and the molotov-thrower who hangs around one of the alarm switches (I was careful to get a headshot on him so he didn't become a running firestarter). Knowing that there was a bear near my position I looked behind me for a moment to make sure it wasn't sneaking up on me, then when I looked back towards the outpost the bodies of the two pirates I'd sniped had vanished. A patrolling guy walked past where the molotov-thrower had been and of course saw nothing.

As long as no other pirates see the targets drop and you look away before any wandering guys come across the bodies, there will be nothing for them to find and thus no trouble stirred up.

mandru

Nice catch fragger. +1

Discovering a quirky spot in a game's mechanics and figuring out how to use it to your advantage is what it's all about.   :bow
- mandru

nexor

Now that can come in handy, thanks fragger  :-X

Art Blade

cool idea, fragger :-D +1 :-X

PZ

Outstanding find, fragger +1  :-X

Of the ways to create a benefit in games, the ones I enjoy most are the ones where we can use defective programming to our advantage.  :-()

fragger

Art Blade

I tested it on Orphan Point which is an isle to the Southeast of Dr. Earnhardt's Mansion. To the South of Orphan Point is another small isle from where I sniped across. I could see the guys drop, turned around some and when I turned back, the bodies were gone. Unfortunately one of the guys must have seen a buddy drop but funny enough, when he came to investigate, the dead body was gone. So I killed him for replacement :-D

fragger

PZ

mandru

I found that the Gunslinger Take Down will also target a least some of the animals if they are in the right place when you apply it.

I was at the lumberyard on the North island and was surprised when the Gunslinger move not only took out two pirates (in addition to the initial victim) but also brought down two cassowaries (each with a separate shot) that were coming in to attack the group of pirates.
- mandru

Art Blade

:laugh: +1 :-X slap on the back, mate :)

mandru

Thanks Art.  :)

I guess I'm kind of like an old German Shepard I had as a kid.  I keep going out in the woods and dragging in every old carcass I can find and dumping it on the lawn to show that I'm doing my job.  :-D
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳