FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

yes.. they're blocking your way.. to relics and so on  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Ahhh...so that's where it was posted  :) I thought the symbol looked like an '@' too  :-X
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I'll be looking for those now; thanks!  ^-^

fragger

A hand grenade will open them too - or a shottie, as Art mentioned.

fragger

This cracked me up - the tiger and the cassowaries all ganged up on the warthog. Once the boar was dead, the tiger and the birds just went their separate ways. It was like, "OK, we sorted that swine out, now let's go back to what we were doing" :-() I guess we know which predator is at the bottom of the food chain...
[smg id=5030 align=center width=600]

PZ

Art Blade

durian

:-() :-X

The wildlife in this game seem to have much more interaction than in Red Dead Redemption
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

durian

BTW, anyone tried to kill baddies by .... repair tool ?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Art Blade

Yes.. and paid the bill  :-[ :-D

fragger

I know you can throw a rock at, and hit, a bad guy. It won't do much damage, but it will certainly get their attention :-D

Art Blade

You can always resort to something slightly more alarming that will get you a bit more of their attention, like Molotovs.  :-()

PZ

I was claiming a relic on a small island in the north when I heard a boat approach.  The camera revealed that they were friendlies, so as they approached the beach and hopped out, I went to greet them.  At that moment a couple of pirates came toward us so I entered the mounted gun and started firing at them - evidently one of the friendlies got into the drivers seat, because out into the ocean we went - he was a good pilot because he kept me in a good firing position.

mandru

Just getting started on this game so I've a lot in the FC3 section to catch up on and comment where I get the overwhelming urge.  :)

Sorry this is so long after the fact but I had to read twice durian's comment from reply #13 this thread: "you should be charged with manslaughter ;D"

Made me realize that sometimes at least with our games the only difference between manslaughter and man's laughter is an apostrophe and a space.  :laugh:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

PZ

durian

Welcome to the party, mandru
:laugh: :-X kudos for the laugher

fragger

:laugh: :laugh: Very astute observation mandru :-X

Jim di Griz

Quote from: mandru  on December 19, 2012, 11:09:12 AM
...Made me realize that sometimes at least with our games the only difference between manslaughter and man's laughter is an apostrophe and a space.  :laugh:
Isn't language a wonderful subject  :) Nice observation.

Quote from: Art Blade on December 19, 2012, 03:38:46 AM
You can always resort to something slightly more alarming that will get you a bit more of their attention, like Molotovs.  :-()
I hit one of the camps from the hillside far above by lobbing down twelve Molotovs - they weren't happy about that  ^-^
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mandru

Thanks for the slap on the back durian.  :) :-X
- mandru

JRD

mandru... you're pure gold!  :-X  :laugh:
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

If you visit those rice paddies where you rescue the villager from Hoyt's men anytime after you've done that mission, all the mines will still be there. Want some naughty, PETA-unfriendly fun? Spook the animals into running into the paddies and watch them set off the mines! Even birds landing there will trigger them >:D

Hey, it's only a game...

Art Blade

mandru

So far I've tended to avoid the vehicles (other than the gliders which handle superbly) because they are just too squirrelly.  ::)  Disappointingly the ones I've encountered handle like Mario Karts on an ice track.

That aside I was rushing through a series of areas where the wild life had frustratingly killed me several times sporting a freshly liberated standard patrol jump buggy to reach an unlocked tower (sorry I've not figured out the names of the various vehicles yet but it was red ).  As I crested the flat at the top of a rise I quickly noted that I was flying straight into a freshly ignited firefight.  There were two truck loads of the locals on the left shoulder and two patrol buggies exactly like the one I was in opposing them on the right.  The celebrants were just starting to warm things up by randomly firing bullets and curses at each other from behind their vehicles.

Apparently they didn't see me coming.  >:D

With no time to think it over I plunged straight in swerving off road to the right of the baddies and whipped up a batch of cheese spread smearing all but one of them between their jeeps and mine.  While still moving at a diminished but never the less good clip I hit the "E" Key for Eject and then instantly the ground. 

Rolling unhurt to my feet, automatic weapon in hands and facing the sole survivor of the goon squad, I hosed the filth out of him before he had a chance to blink twice.  To my surprise my intercession was met with jubilant hoots and hollers from the locals and I half thought they were going to dig a pit and burn me a pig.  I didn't catch their exact praise but I think one line was:

"Bruh, that was awesome!"

And another:

"You come from a good family!"

I'm sure that last comment was more reflective of my recent adoption into their clan than any connection to my departed elder sibling but either way it left me chuckling as I hopped back into my rig and tore off to towards that previously mentioned stubbornly locked radio tower.

Also, so you can have a laugh on me.  :-[

I hadn't learned yet that by hanging around and gloating after helping locals they often cough up a reward.  I'm still wondering if by rushing off I missed some serious "cha-ching".  :-\\
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳