FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Quote from: PZ on December 14, 2012, 07:46:33 PM
Sorry fragger, but that is a funny story!  :laugh:

That's cool - I laughed :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I was approaching an outpost and I saw a cage with two dogs in it. Since I had just successfuly  cleared another outpost, unnoticed, with the help of a bear it looked like a no brainer... free the dogs and pick the remaining pirates with a silenced gun!

As I shot the cage the two dogs came charging out of the camp towards ME and attacked me  ???

No pirate realised what was happening   :laugh:
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

That was a brilliant moment, wasn't it  :laugh: Man, I feel sorry for you, good thinking, bad executing  :( :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I was hiding about 50 metres away from a group of about five mercs and wondered how I could get them all. Too far for hand grenades, no launcher equipped, hold it -- hand grenades? plus arrows = explosive arrows.. and I had my bow equipped  >:D I aimed for the guy in the centre who was in front of someone else, so with a bit of luck, even if I missed the first I might hit the one behind.. aim.. fire.. BOOM! STRIKE!! Multikill, 300XP, everyone wiped out with one shot  :laugh:

fragger

The explosive arrows are cool :-X Doesn't actually do a lot of damage to "Hoyt's Heavies" though, just sort of winds them for a moment. Those guys are tough...

Art Blade

A funny moment in a picture. I love the nose to the right.  :-D

Spoiler

[smg id=5017 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 16 00026"]

fragger

Hehehe :laugh: :-X

I see you have successfully hunted a pair of rare Siamese Bears :-()

fragger

I got a free bear skin and boar skin today - all I had to do was watch and wait. The bear chased the boar and caught up with it, and during the subsequent mauling they both slid down a slope into a pond and drowned. All I had to do was wade in and skin them :-X

None of the land animals seem to be able to swim, they all die if they get too far into the water ????

I have noticed that the crocs always seem to be hiding under patches of lilies, so whenever you see a small field of lilies at the edge of a stream or river, look closely - there might be a crocodile lurking there. You don't have to be in the water for them to get you, they'll lunge out at you if you're on land and you get too close.

Art Blade

haha, funny story about the two skins  :laugh: :-X

And indeed.. crocs gave me more than one bloody start when they launched right into my face, I'd never seen it coming. I'm pretty careful now when it comes to wetting my toes :-()

Art Blade

Oh man, fragger.. I just had all of it: My 2nd playthrough.. need skins  :-()

South of Amanaki town is a river that goes E-W and meets one that goes N-S. A bit to the South is another river that too goes E-W and meets the N-S one. On that bit of land between those three river parts is a hunting ground for tapirs, tigers, goats and crocs as I only learned just now..

The following took place close to the water on a somewhat mellow slope and a few knolls.

I hunted a tapir and shot it with my silenced MS16 (my first money went into that, first and forever favourite weapon of choice). I skinned it at the riverbank a few feet away from water line when I got attacked by a crocodile which I managed to kill. Then I heard a tiger coming at me but fortunately he was chasing a goat and I observed how they ran a bit uphill and clashed.. and.. both.. dropped dead  ???. Erm, nice, free tiger and goat skin  :laugh:

While skinning them I was thinking about you and how I needed to post that, I heard another tiger roar from behind the hill and then saw him chasing behind something that was squealing. The tapir was running away from the tiger into the water.. followed by the tiger.. both drowned. Whoa, another tiger and a tapir for free  :-D Aware of the presence of crocodiles I carefully checked the water nearby, did a test dive to see if anyone was around and quickly skinned the tiger under water. Because they were almost on top of each other, I took the tapir skin, too, but was quite in a hurry to get back on dry land away from the.. what the flipping heck was that?

In the water, under water more precisely, I saw three more dead tapirs.. croc food or hunter bait?  ??? I decided not to go for those three tapirs (didn't need any any more) but instead I much rather wanted to leg it which I did, let those freaking crocs play with someone else  :-()

durian

Quote from: Art Blade on December 16, 2012, 03:34:52 AM
A funny moment in a picture. I love the nose to the right.  :-D

Spoiler

[smg id=5017 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 16 00026"]

You killed them while they were making love ?  :-()
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

:-D Actually, no. I settled their dispute.  >:D

durian

Quote from: JRD on December 15, 2012, 02:21:21 PM
I was approaching an outpost and I saw a cage with two dogs in it. Since I had just successfuly  cleared another outpost, unnoticed, with the help of a bear it looked like a no brainer... free the dogs and pick the remaining pirates with a silenced gun!

As I shot the cage the two dogs came charging out of the camp towards ME and attacked me  ???

No pirate realised what was happening   :laugh:

I had a similar experience yesterday. I saw a komodo dragon at an outpost at the West side on South island. I shot the cage to free it hoping it'd help me but no, it completely ignored the baddies and ran to me  :-()

Anyone has seen a caged animal got out of the cage by himself ?

I have seen at least once at the outpost I mentioned above. I came back the this outpost, this time I learned from my mistake last time: I was shooting the cagse when I was too close to it, hence it attacked me instead of the mercs. Now I stayed at an elevated point to scout the outpost, and to my surprise, I saw the komodo gradon was chasing the mercs around  :-()

durian

Quote from: fragger on December 16, 2012, 10:15:37 PM
I got a free bear skin and boar skin today - all I had to do was watch and wait. The bear chased the boar and caught up with it, and during the subsequent mauling they both slid down a slope into a pond and drowned. All I had to do was wade in and skin them :-X

That's funny  :-D I've enver seen 2 predators fighting each other.

Art Blade

a couple of minutes ago I got a few of my boar skins the same way: tigers chasing boars. One of the tigers got bored of boars so he decided to chew on me so I had him chew on my machete and flayed him alive  >:D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 15, 2012, 03:05:13 PM
I was hiding about 50 metres away from a group of about five mercs and wondered how I could get them all. Too far for hand grenades, no launcher equipped, hold it -- hand grenades? plus arrows = explosive arrows.. and I had my bow equipped  >:D I aimed for the guy in the centre who was in front of someone else, so with a bit of luck, even if I missed the first I might hit the one behind.. aim.. fire.. BOOM! STRIKE!! Multikill, 300XP, everyone wiped out with one shot  :laugh:

I really like this multikill scenarios.

Quote from: fragger on December 15, 2012, 10:06:47 PM
The explosive arrows are cool :-X Doesn't actually do a lot of damage to "Hoyt's Heavies" though, just sort of winds them for a moment. Those guys are tough...

These guys are not too flame resistant.

PZ

Quote from: durian on December 17, 2012, 01:30:16 PM
...Anyone has seen a caged animal got out of the cage by himself ?

I've experienced the animals get out of the cage, but was unsure how they did it.  One time however I was in a fire fight with the occupants of the outpost when one of the fools accidentally shot the cage, which released the tiger.

However, the tiger was entirely unappreciative of the one who had released him.

Art Blade

:laugh:

I've not yet seen an animal free itself. The only time I saw something like that (cage empty, predators mauling everyone in the outpost) was probably caused by a random wild predator which got too close to one of the guards who most certainly shot the cage by accident. Just like PZ said, then :)

durian

Quote from: PZ on December 17, 2012, 03:11:45 PM

However, the tiger was entirely unappreciative of the one who had released him.

fragger

Once the south island is unlocked and you get the wingsuit and the privateer uniform there is much fun to be had. On the south island you can pick your fights because you "blend in" with the bad guys, and the north island becomes more fun with the wingsuit on hand (or should I say, on back).

I found a trick on the south island. If you plant some C4 and blow up some unsuspecting privateers from a distance, any others that may be around or come to investigate won't suspect you of doing it, unless they actually see you operate the remote. I used some to blast open one of those sealed crypt doors which had four troops hanging around it. The blast took out a couple of them (I set it off from well out of sight) and when I came back the two survivors didn't give me a second look >:D

Art Blade

hahaha :laugh: great! I'll keep that in mind, particularly to use C4 for those stone walls. So far, I used a shotgun which did the wall in with one shot  :)

PZ

Where are you guys finding crypts that can be blown up? I've not encountered anything like that yet ????

Art Blade

It looks like a flat slab of natural stone yet it is of square or rectangular shape and smack in the middle is a symbol perhaps the size of a head. Looks somewhat like " @ " -- usually you find them in temple-like structures.  :)

PZ

Thanks for the tip; is there a point to the demolition (other than pure destruction  >:D)?

Tags:
🡱 🡳