FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

:-D

There's a funny thing that happens on Hoyt's island. At first I thought it was some sort of a game quirk, but I've seen it three times now, so it's deliberate. What it is is this:

The first time, I was near the top of a ridge and I heard a "Whoa!" from the other side. When I went and looked over, there was a road below me and three of Hoyt's soldiers were standing around this vehicle that was upside down and ablaze. I thought they accidentally driven off a cliff or something, and while I watched, the car exploded, taking them all out.

I thought it was some hilarious example of artificial stupidity, but I've seen it three times now, so what I think is happening is that these are booby traps put in place by Ratyak guys. It only started happening after I freed the first outpost on the island and it happens in relatively close proximity to these.

Still hilarious :-()

PZ

:-X :laugh:  I'm sure there will be lots of these gems

fragger

I was using the camera to scope out an outpost when a bird flew through the field of view and got tagged. For the rest of the mission there was a bright red paw print flying around in the sky (the symbol for a herbivore/harmless animal) :-D

Art Blade

great reads  :-X :laugh:

I came from a mission that took away my loadout and I was about to retrieve it which meant I had to search an open camp which, of course, was guarded and almost no way to get to anyone without being detected by someone else.. Without weapons, I faced three or four chargers, and a heavy. Nearby were two dogs, too. I avoided detection and took out a charger with a takedown from behind. Not wanting anyone to see the body right away, I had to hurry and kill the second charger from behind, another takedown. OK. Now the third charger was sitting on a chair and behind the chair was a little boulder, perhaps a metre away and a metre high. I climbed it and jumped up and at the time towards the sitting guy -- it turned out to be a takedown from above (LOL  :laugh: ). I then found a flare gun and fired it at the hut where the heavy and another guy were loitering. Some yelling and swearing and only the heavy remained, just two metres away from me but with his back turned on me (he was staring at the burning hut). Not knowing what else to do, I fired the flare gun at his back hoping it might register.. and it did! I burned the poor sod and got 80XP once his screaming died away.  :-D Now the dogs became acutely aware of my presence (lucky timing) and I slashed them while walking backwards. I was quite relieved when it was over and I found my weapons in the last remaining hut. Why is it always the last place you check?  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Good stories and a fine dust-up there Art.

While I was typing this, my lady just took a pirate out twenty metres up the beach with a rapid beach assault in a Rhib  :laugh: He squished most messily...

Further to the crazy driving habits of the pirates and friendlies alike - watch out for the latter, I've been run over twice today by their careless speeding  ::)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

:laugh:  Great reads, guys!  :-X

Art Blade

:)

Man, crazy driving AI.. they ran me over while I was skinning some animal!  ???
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Funny stuff, you guys :laugh:

The AI guys do occasionally run over their mates, FC2 style :-() I've seen it twice now. Nice to know some things never change!

I was doing an outpost and was getting ready to take out a sniper in a tower with an arrow when I saw two wild dogs at the base of the tower. They actually crept all the way up the stairs (which wound all the way around the tower as they went up) and took the sniper out from behind. All he said was "Ungh" as he went down. None of the other mercs even noticed.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 11, 2012, 03:38:06 PM
... I was doing an outpost and was getting ready to take out a sniper in a tower with an arrow when I saw two wild dogs at the base of the tower. They actually crept all the way up the stairs (which wound all the way around the tower as they went up) and took the sniper out from behind. All he said was "Ungh" as he went down. None of the other mercs even noticed.

:-X :laugh:  If this would have happened in FC2, every merc in the area would have instantly pointed at you and yelled "there he is!!!" even if you were nowhere near the poor schmuck.

durian

Quote from: fragger on December 08, 2012, 07:30:22 AM
:laugh: Great stories! There's gonna be some good ones for sure.

From the top of a radio tower, I watched with great amusement as a group of four pirates below me tried to fend off a pair of Komodo dragons. One of the guys was a Molotov-thrower who managed to set all his mates alight before becoming dragon food :-D

I know what you mean about the Molotov guys Art, the ones who drink their own weapons :-() I love the way they stagger around drunk. I didn't know you could get drunk on petrol, just poisoned :-()

:-X :-()

When I first saw the charger stagger around I was wondering why they behave like they were drunk, now I know they got actually drunk and they drink petrol  ;D
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Sooooo much to see.  I need to stand around for a while just to see what the pirates do in their spare time.  Maybe just watch them through the camera.  ^-^

PZ

Funny way to hunt a bear, and interesting approach to activate a tower

Bear hunt and cell tower approach

Art Blade

PZ

Yeah, I'm going to try things like that; maybe plant C4 in the path, then throw a rock to get the animal's attention  :-()

Art Blade

I already wrote about my own "bear meets mine" incident some time ago, I had the mine and C4 attached to a Jeep and a bear set the whole package off which was a little too much for me to shrug away -- I died, too. But luring a bear onto a mine like in that video is something I just have to do myself  :laugh:

durian

That's a creative and fun way to hunt animals  :-X :)
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

Alright, I tried some :)

I took out a bear with a mine, quite funny to see him blow up!  :laugh:

fragger

Art Blade

Man, you were quick replying  :-()

Here is the screenshot I wanted to insert in the previous post :)

[smg id=5005 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 14 00001"]

fragger

Cool! :-X Is that still smoke from the mine drifting around?

Art Blade

yes, it happened so quickly (I was running away with the bear chasing me, passed the previously placed mine and the bear set it off) I barely had time to turn around and find the PRNT key to capture it. By the time I did, most of the smoke was gone

fragger

Man, I had a major blonde moment while I was playing earlier. I completely forgot that I'd started a new game and I jumped off a tower expecting to wingsuit.

I flew all right - straight down :-[ :o

Art Blade

Happened to me with a wingsuit on.. climbed a sniper tower after the mission was almost finished (I wanted to collect all the stuff and ammo and loot the dead guys before talking to Sam) when I decided to jump down and whip out my wingsuit. The moment I hit the key, my face hit a fence.. auto-reloading mission... gladly it only reloaded the debriefing bit where I had to go to talk to Sam rather than the entire mission, but all the stuff and loot and bodies were gone.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 14, 2012, 04:38:59 AM
Man, I had a major blonde moment while I was playing earlier. I completely forgot that I'd started a new game and I jumped off a tower expecting to wingsuit.

I flew all right - straight down :-[ :o

Sorry fragger, but that is a funny story!  :laugh:

Similar happens to me more times than I care to admit  ^-^

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 14, 2012, 04:43:31 AM
Happened to me with a wingsuit on.. climbed a sniper tower after the mission was almost finished (I wanted to collect all the stuff and ammo and loot the dead guys before talking to Sam) when I decided to jump down and whip out my wingsuit. The moment I hit the key, my face hit a fence.. auto-reloading mission... gladly it only reloaded the debriefing bit where I had to go to talk to Sam rather than the entire mission, but all the stuff and loot and bodies were gone.

I'm still learning the wing suit - have already died a couple of times.  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳