FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I was on the southern half somewhere on a slope, above an outpost. Started to snipe the freaks but I missed one and they spotted me. I was in bad conditions and there were dogs too, so I tried to lay low on the flank of the hill. The remaining pirates climbed into an AY and tried to drive towards me. Unfortunately for them the slope was a bit too steep.  :) The truck didn't come farther. Now these guys showed some thinking; they all went out, changed seats and tried again ^-^
Since that didn't w@&k either, they went out again, and one guy left the truck and went on foot towards a buddy to the side. The two remaining guys went back in and tried again ;D They still remained in the same position, so they went out again, one of them went after his recently gone friend and the last guy tried to finally get the damn vehivle to climb the slope :-() He did not manage. I decided to relief him from his frustration and helped him elevate at least his soul >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

nice story, mandru :)

And no, I don't think you'd call a reward between $50 and $200 a "serious cha-ching" and sometimes they don't reward you at all. I think the warriors never do, but those lonely local pedestrians do if they were in danger and you helped them.

Binnatics, hilarious: "they all went out, changed seats and tried again"  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

update: warriors do pay. Happened to me twice in a row, once $100 and then another $200  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

That's hilarious, Binnatics  :-()

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

JRD

All those stories reminds me of the good 'ole tales of our dinossenior member... retiredgord... and Ricamundo as well!!

What happened to those chaps?!?! I miss them!!  :-(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Indeed! Let's just hope that those rigid nurses haven't got them in their custody already..  ???

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on December 21, 2012, 08:53:30 AM
So far I've tended to avoid the vehicles (other than the gliders which handle superbly) because they are just too squirrelly.  ::)  Disappointingly the ones I've encountered handle like Mario Karts on an ice track.

Dang, I find that the vehicles in the PC version w@&k orders of magnitude better than they do in the console version.  The Stryus on the console feels like you're on an ice rink, with controls that are so sluggish in response that it is almost better walking.  However, on the PC version, even the Stryus handles well in comparison.  I'd have to say that for me, the PC version, like in FC2, is far superior to the version they create for the console.

fragger

:laugh: Yay! At last, a mandru FC3 story! About bloody time... Sorry mate, but I do so enjoy your ripping yarns, have missed that here thus far :-D

Binn's tale too was a hoot :laugh:

I agree with JRD, if Gord and Rica - and Red - would get back on board it would be just like old times :-D

Quote from: Art Blade on December 21, 2012, 06:46:58 PM
Indeed! Let's just hope that those rigid nurses haven't got them in their custody already..  ???

You did lock the medicine cabinet, didn't you?

Art Blade

hm? *burps* oop, 'scuseme.. no need.. to make sure they don't get anything out of it, I ate all pills and washed them down with the remaining cough syrup. *hic* oop *burps* 'scuseme  ???? :-()

fragger

:laugh: You can always be counted upon to do the right thing and save those poor devils from themselves :-X

Art Blade

I hid their walkers, too  >:D

fragger

Is there no end to your altruism? :angel:

Art Blade

if you count emptying a massive bag of itching powder in their beds so they feel a bit more alive, then no.  :-D

fragger

Art Blade

One funny moment in the game, minutes ago:

I watched a road accident between two merc patrols, they all got out. I threw a pack of C4 amidst them thinking, "catch!" and flicked the switch on my remote. The 240XP worth multikill (6x40? were 6 peeps) wasn't exactly to the liking of another two-man Jeep patrol who shouted, "what.. the.. hell!" while I found cover behind my car and they behind theirs. From behind cover I killed one of them while the other guy shouted, "gren.." but he got interrupted quite rudely by my bullet that passed through his brains. I thought, "did you want to throw a grenade? Let's take a look if you dropped it, then" and that moment I saw a white flash and sparks and heard some dampened bang coming from where he had dropped dead behind his car. Made me chuckle  :-D

PZ

JRD

I was scouting an outpost on the northern part of the northern island (  ???? ), the one where you get the Hunter mission to kill a yellow necked cassowary. I approached the outpost by sea and had to go up the trail to get there. I killed a couple pirates patrolling the trail and saw one pirate guarding the north entrance to the post when I heard him screaming and the sound of dogs attacking and ripping flesh and the pirate tag dissapeared... I could see his outline disappearing too.

I went around the fence and checked the south entrance... clear... so I walked in to try to stab my way to the alarm and get my 1550XP when I saw one guard dog coming back from the north gate. I shot it with my Shredder before it could see me and make me lose my XP. Another dog came from the same direction... another silent kill... then another one, another one and another one... Outpost liberated!!!

AN outpost guarded almost exclusively by dogs... and they attacked the single pirate there and came back in so I could pick them one by one and clear the area!!!  8)

Art Blade

nice :-D

It happens sometimes that animals do all or almost all the wet w@&k for you  :-()

JRD

True, but mostly the caged animals do the w@&k after you shoot the cage and free the beast but this time it was the guard dogs attacking the pirates... they are on the same side!  8)

I wonder if that poor ba$t@rd was feeding the dogs at all!  :laugh:

Art Blade

:laugh:

Seriously, I think you had some rabid dogs or dingos there that didn't belong to the outpost. The guard dogs look like bull dogs and I believe they wear a dog collar, and I don't think I've seen more than three in an outpost and they never attacked their masters. I wish they did  :)

durian

It'd very hilarious if one of their own pitbulls attack them but I think the one JRD said was a rabid dog or dingo.

Talking about pitbulls, I remembered whenI was doing an outpost in the North island, 3 dog spotted me and I had to shoot all of them, the pirates triggered alarm and the reinforments came to aid ther comrades along with 5 pitbulls, which I managed to kill all. So I had to shoot 8 dogs in that outpost.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

I triggered a few reinforcements but only one of which did I see through for the fun of it before I reloaded the last savegame (because I always want to get 1500XP undetected). They only sent loads of troopers (chargers, mostly). Binnatics told me in the South he triggered reinforcements that sent battleship helicopters  ??? That's not what I want  :-D

fragger

I've encountered the helicopter reinforcements in the south too, nasty ???

PZ

Using an ATV, I raced along one of the hundreds of nameless roads on north island, and saw a machine gun truck heading my way.  Because I was so exposed, I did not want to jump off and take a chance that  the truck would run me over so I deliberately literally ran right into the front end.  My ATV must have an amazing amount of mass because that poor truck sailed through the air and fell into a creek.  The funny part... after dispatching all the pirates, I was able to drive that thing back up onto the road.

[smg id=5086 width=400 align=center]

Art Blade

I see, you mustered some expert driving skills there, PZ :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳