FC3: PZ's experiences

Started by PZ, December 04, 2012, 09:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I find myself enjoying the game more each day I play.  In fact, it has been a long time since I have actually played a game during the week either before or after w@&k.  It's not the main missions that keep bringing me in, but all of the side activities you can do, and even things as simple as free roaming just to experience all of the beauty of what the islands have to offer.  :-X

durian

This game is addtictive. I've just completed my first 2 side quests, the second one (Light in the Jungle) was funny  :-()

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Yes it is; I can't believe you're already doing a second play through  :-X

Art Blade

Indeed.. addictive, I even dreamt the second night in a row about this game  :laugh:

I just went back to the northern island to see how it is without enemies (liberated that part of the map) and as expected, I do like it. I did some wingsuit base jumps.. oh man. Forget the hang glider  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Quote from: PZ on December 12, 2012, 02:42:11 PM
Yes it is; I can't believe you're already doing a second play through  :-X

No, still 1st play thru.
But I'm planning to play through it again.

PZ

Quote from: durian on December 12, 2012, 05:17:26 PM
No, still 1st play thru.
But I'm planning to play through it again.

ah, I see... feeling that way is an indication of a good game  :-X

fragger

I'm into my second go-around, this time on Easy (Adventurer). It does make a bit of a difference.

This time I'm kitting up as much as possible before going into the story proper, and I'm going to leave ALL of the outposts in enemy hands until after the game (except for that one you have to do as part of the tutorial). It's more fun getting around that way anyhow, reminiscent of FC2 - having to be on the alert and plan my way around the outposts, and pick fights with patrolling pirates whenever I get a hankering for it.

Gonna try and get all the relics and lost letters too, to unlock a few sig weapons and just for the hell of it 8)

I love the wingsuit, if only I had that form the beginning. Mod, anyone...?

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 13, 2012, 05:02:33 AM
I'm into my second go-around, this time on Easy (Adventurer). It does make a bit of a difference.

This time I'm kitting up as much as possible before going into the story proper, and I'm going to leave ALL of the outposts in enemy hands until after the game (except for that one you have to do as part of the tutorial). It's more fun getting around that way anyhow, reminiscent of FC2 - having to be on the alert and plan my way around the outposts, and pick fights with patrolling pirates whenever I get a hankering for it.

Gonna try and get all the relics and lost letters too, to unlock a few sig weapons and just for the hell of it 8)

I love the wingsuit, if only I had that form the beginning. Mod, anyone...?

Sounds like your experience will be quite different this time around  :-X

durian

Last evening, I witnessed a strange incident. After I liberated an outpost (Hubert Shore on the south east of the North island), I was leaving this outpost then I heard gunshots, I saw some Rakyat warriors shooting at some one, I thought they were fighting pirates or animals but I didn't see any. Instead I saw a woman who was running screaming :"Help! Help!" I decided to help her but too late, she was killed by 5 Rakyat guys. Then I killed all of those guys.

PZ

????  indeed strange; Rakyat criminals.  How are they at fighting?  better/same/worse than the pirates?

Art Blade

I haven't yet seen all too many incidents with the Rakyat. If so, I usually was somehow involved, not to say the reason  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Quote from: PZ on December 13, 2012, 01:42:39 PM
????  indeed strange; Rakyat criminals.  How are they at fighting?  better/same/worse than the pirates?

Looked like they are the same as the pirates.

At another outposts I liberated after that one, I saw a loapard in a cage. I shot the chase to free him (or her). The leopard ignored me although I was pretty close to him, instead he went on a killing spree, mauled all of 4 Rakyat guys before run to me. But I didn't want to be his 5th entrees for his dinner so I shot him  :-()

Art Blade

PZ

I'm always listening for a cat growl when I go into a pirate infested area, then look for the cage (with camera) so I can release the cat who then softens up the enemy a bit.  It's great fun to watch the cat at w@&k through all obstacles (because of camera tagging) - the enemy tags disappear one by one  :-()

Art Blade

Hehehe, yes.. I like to watch that stuff, too  :)

Recently, on a mission, I had tagged a Molotov charger who was then behind obstacles and quite far away. I shot and missed him with my assault rifle but his silhouette started to display really crazy movements and I heard him screaming when all of a sudden the red marker and silhouette disappeared. There is only one explanation: he set himself on fire and burnt himself to a crispy critter  :-()

PZ

:laugh:  It is amazing how far those guys can run while on fire

durian

At another outpost, I shot the cage to liberate the tiger, as you can guess, he mauled the pirates guy and I got 1500 XP. The Rakyat guys came in, but a bear suddenly showed up in the outpost and mauled all of them  ;D He nearly killed me too but I managed to stabbed and shot him

PZ

That would be a sight to see!  I love open world games that are so alive.  On this point alone FC3 is better than FC2, which felt a bit more sterile.

Art Blade

absolutely :)

Man, animals are always good for a shock. I remember looting a chest inside a hut without doors when I heard a "snap!" and the game made me look down while going "AAaargh!" so I could see the dragon which bit me in my foot!

Scanning a small lake with my camera, nothing got tagged so I felt secure and went in to cut some blue leaves when a crocodile jumped in my face  :o Those crocs apparently don't register with the camera, same goes for snakes and small animals like rats or crabs.

Looting a chest amongst buffaloes that didn't seem to care about me nearly cost me my life when I got headbutted and knocked down several times by one of them that I didn't see coming.. ouch!

Camera out, turning slowly to do a 360 scan, I saw fullscreen two yellow eyes in an orange face with black stripes and huge white fangs-- AAAAaaargh!!!

Homing in on an outpost, one of those predator birds came walking into view and I shot it with a shotgun. All the other birds that had been quiet and slow all of a sudden started to gawk at me and then they all ran towards me with quite some cackling and man what a slashing and slicing ensued.. I had the entire bird crew on me in no time. ??? You better kill them stealthily so the comrades won't come looking.

:)

durian

Yep the animals often appear when I least expected.

Yesterday, I was doing a side quest (take photo of 4 barcodes at the accident scene near a river). Out of a blue, a bear attacked me. I was struggling to fend off the beast, stabbed him and then backed up to the river as I know bears can't swim. But as soon as the bear walked away, I was attacked again. This time is a croc  :o

PZ

Keeps you on your toes.  Walking away from roads in FC2 was an easy stroll in the park.

fragger

Has anyone been bitten by a snake? I'd be curious to know what happens - do you simply lose some health or does your health slowly ebb away as the poison spreads? And if so, can you stop it? Maybe I'll risk a reload and try it :-()

I too have jumped into a river to escape a tiger, only to get taken by a crocodile ??? It's definitely more of a living world than FC2's :-X

There isn't much in the way of conversation between idle bad guys though - well, none really, they generally just gripe to themselves. I did however listen to a conversation between two Rakyat guys after I'd saved their bacon against some pirates. They went on about how one of them's mother had invited the other over for dinner (he was his cousin), one asked if the other one's sister was going to be there, they talked about one of them's kid and how she was now walking and talking, then talked about doing something special for the meal... it was quite an exchange, the only one I've heard so far. But then a cassowary came along and killed one of them, along with the conversation :-()

I also came across one pirate training two others at shooting, giving them tips and stuff. But they spotted me before I could watch and listen to very much of it and started putting their training into practice. I showed them what they were doing wrong >:D

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 13, 2012, 10:01:39 PM
I also came across one pirate training two others at shooting, giving them tips and stuff. But they spotted me before I could watch and listen to very much of it and started putting their training into practice. I showed them what they were doing wrong >:D

:laugh: :-X

I've been bitten several times, and is no different than any other animal attack.  The snake bites and an animation proceeds where you fling the snake's body away from you.  There is a slight health loss, but nothing much.

I do miss listening to the idle merc talk from FC2, but I guess something has to give to add so much more horsepower to FC3.

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on December 13, 2012, 10:01:39 PMa cassowary came along and killed one of them, along with the conversation :-()

:laugh: excellent

durian

Quote from: fragger on December 13, 2012, 10:01:39 PM
Has anyone been bitten by a snake? I'd be curious to know what happens - do you simply lose some health or does your health slowly ebb away as the poison spreads? And if so, can you stop it? Maybe I'll risk a reload and try it :-()

There isn't much in the way of conversation between idle bad guys though - well, none really, they generally just gripe to themselves.
I was bitten by snakes many times but I think I just lost a bit of my health. No poison.

I miss the banters of the bad guys in FC2.

Tags:
🡱 🡳