FC3: First impressions

Started by Art Blade, November 29, 2012, 10:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Thanks for the quick save/load tip, Art :)

I nearly pulled off a totally silent takedown of an outpost last night. The very last guy spotted me just before I could get to him :D

I like the "drag body"skill, where you can do a knife takedown then immediately drag the body out of sight, a little like Hitman and Deus Ex :-X

I mentioned NZ accents the other night. Now that I'm further in, it seems that all the friendly warrior types have that accent. I'm wondering if the island is supposed to be near NZ. There is actually a Rook Island off the coast of Papua/New Guinea, and cassowaries are native to that part of the world, but the shape of the real Rook Island is nothing like the one in the game. Interesting though.

Art Blade

Nice observation, fragger  :)

Regarding undetected takedowns, make sure to save your game before hitting an outpost. In case you screw up, hit ESC, choose to quit to the main menu, from there choose Story and then Load. Now reload the Save1 (compare the timestamps in the lower description line of both save1 and autosave) and start over. As long as you don't pull it off completely, you can rinse and repeat until you're sure about having stayed undetected and only then finalise your action  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Thanks muchly mate, I really did need that tip :-D I tried to do that the other night but I couldn't find the bloody "Load" option. I never thought to look under "Story" :-[ :D

Alright, now those pirates are gonna get it... >:D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Had my first poker game earlier tonight, walked away with $514 :-X

Art Blade

I turned 100 into 1,000 after finishing a couple of sniper rifle shooting contests :) Basically like skeet shooting, only they launch seagulls and you use a sniper.  :) You can find the event north of the crazy doc's location

Binnatics

Good to see so many OWG'ers are into the game now ;)

I've been so busy playing the game I forgot to write about it. Also have a minor typing problem since my daughter does a typing course. She put stickers to all the keys :-\\

Now I know I can type at least 'half blind' 8)

I also like taking out guardposts. The problem is that they don't respawn. Well, that's cool cause it gets you a safehouse but I may want to take them out again, and again... and again >:D
I also found out that once you cleared an area of enemy GP's all the merc patrols disappear. Which makes the game more friendly and safe after a while, but makes you hasty as well discovering new terrain with new shootables/lootables :-() :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I have the northern map cleaned yet I still encounter single surprises with pirates involved. A few small areas seem to stay in pirates' hands and a few of them seem to go on expeditions with a death wish  :-()

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on December 08, 2012, 07:42:30 AM
Had my first poker game earlier tonight, walked away with $514 :-X

I still need to get a really big win but hey..

"beat this!"  :-()
[smg id=4969  type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 09 00023"]

PZ

fragger

Jim di Griz

As mentioned in another post, I have had the chance now to start properly and do a few hours. I am surprised noone has noticed, or at least commented on the unfortunate placement of the quest-giver's exclaimation mark. Well, the first time I noticed this was when Dennis was waiting for me to inform about Daisy's location at the Doc's house.

I don't have a screenshot function, but the exclaimation mark wasn't over Dennis' head...rather lower down so it looked as if he was very pleased to see me  ;)

Going in today with the various hints and tips plus markers turned off!
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Quote from: Jim di Griz on December 10, 2012, 01:38:59 AMthe exclaimation mark wasn't over Dennis' head...

I had to dash over to Amanaki Town and came to a full stop when I saw the question mark on a girl's face who might have noticed Dennis's exclamation mark but I spent more time admiring the rear part of her body that hides the colon. I'm glad she didn't perform a back slash, though.

:-D

PZ

Quote from: Jim di Griz on December 10, 2012, 01:38:59 AM
... but the exclaimation mark wasn't over Dennis' head...rather lower down so it looked as if he was very pleased to see me  ;)

:laugh:

Jim di Griz

Quote from: Art Blade on December 10, 2012, 09:36:58 AM
I had to dash over to Amanaki Town and came to a full stop when I saw the question mark on a girl's face who might have noticed Dennis's exclamation mark but I spent more time admiring the rear part of her body that hides the colon. I'm glad she didn't perform a back slash, though.
:laugh: - I'll have to dash back there myself and see if their little charade has developed  ;)

Turning off auto-aim and auto tagging doesn't really change much I've found out. The pirates are still visible behind rocks and stuff - the Komodos and other nasties though do remain hidden by the grass.

EDIT: I forgot to say how beautiful the tropical showers are - you really get the atmosphere and heavy feel to the air...and the occasional thunderstorms  :) nice  :-X
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Art Blade

Hehe, Jim  :-() I tried to use as many punctuation marks in one sentence as possible while trying to make sense, glad you liked it :)

Yesterday I played the story mission we (presumably) all watched a video about before the game was released: When they showed us the takedowns, the zip line, and the place where Jason gets into the helo that gets shot down. What they didn't show us: it is a story mission that rendered you armless -- not as in legless but as in without weapons  :-() And you had to get to the chopper across a camp of well-armed pirates.. that was one of the open world approaches to solve a mission which we know from FC2. It was great  :-X

Binnatics

What a nice avatar you have Art :laugh:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:-D cheers.. the female arms dealer was just way too underrated in the game so I thought I'd make her more prominent  :-()

Jim di Griz

Quote from: Art Blade on December 11, 2012, 10:58:28 AM
:-D cheers.. the female arms dealer was just way too underrated in the game so I thought I'd make her more prominent  :-()
Like I said, I wouldn't argue with her. I bet she would put Vaas over her knee and give him a good spanking if he came close enough  :)

PZ

Quote from: Jim di Griz on December 11, 2012, 02:22:55 PM
Like I said, I wouldn't argue with her. I bet she would put Vaas over her knee and give him a good spanking if he came close enough  :)

Likely so; she's probably his mother  :-()

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

fragger

:laugh:

I like the one in Badtown. You walk up to her and she says "What do you want to buy", then she points a shottie at you :-D I guess she's just accustomed to dealing with a pretty rough clientele...

I wish I could do that in my job sometimes >:D

Art Blade

what.. ask, "what do you want to buy?"  ????

fragger

fragger

A couple of things I've discovered so far while mucking around in post-game free-roam mode.

Firstly, all the Rakyat warriors disappear, so you can't even fight with them. The only people you encounter are unarmed civvies. Which makes me wonder if all outposts automatically become liberated after the game is over so that no matter how many you leave, there'll still be nobody to fight with in the free-roam. If so, that's gonna be another sucky thing.

But one cool thing (and actually, I could have discovered this during the game but didn't think to try it) - once you get the wingsuit to visit the south island, you actually get to keep it and you can use it anytime to base jump! Get to a cliff or top of a tower and jump, deploy your wingsuit and glide where you will. It's like having a hang glider on you at all times :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳