Apparently, pockets have no bottoms in Oz

Started by fragger, November 26, 2012, 02:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Oh crap... I think I managed to accidentally delete one of JRD's posts... I quoted something he'd written and added my own post, but when I sent it, it showed up as having come from him, not me. So I deleted it and was going to redo the whole thing, but the post of JRD's that I'd originally quoted from has disappeared. Evidently I deleted JRD's original post, not the one I'd mistakenly sent as him. When I began, I know I hit "Quote" not "Modify" because I saw the "quote" in square brackets at the start of his post and edited it so that the /quote was at the end of the part I wanted to quote, so I don't know how I managed to screw it up and send it as him.

JRD, your post had included a quote from Ronaldo, who'd said "You can't build a World Cup with hospitals". That was the one I trashed.

Geez, I'm really sorry mate :-[ I've given myself a good whack upside the head on your behalf.

I'll be more careful when using the quote function in future, and I'll make sure I get a good coffee into me before I start posting stuff right after getting up...

What I was going to say in my post was that I couldn't believe how astoundingly callous that comment of Ronaldo's was and how it made me see a lot of red.

JRD

:laugh:

No worries mate! No whacking, please, I'll re-post it right away.

What I had posted was a famous sentence by multi-millionaire footballer Ronaldo said when asked about the paradox of investing so much money when the country is going through a healthcare crisis similar to what Nexor described in his home country. He said:

QuoteYou can't make a World Cup with hospitals

He was bashed for saying that but still, there were rumors that his name was being considered to be the new minister of sports if the opposition had won the last elections.  ???
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳