Fighting in AC3

Started by JRD, November 26, 2012, 06:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I too really like the fighting mechanics, but like JRD, I prefer the Ezio adventures.  In fact, I'm now playing AC:B on the PC (never bothered to finish AC3) and will be purchasing AC:R as well - just waiting for the price to drop a bit more.  ^-^

mandru

Yeah, the cities in AC3 instead of having single patrolling enemies on the rooftops there's tightly packed squads tightly spaced so that one observation post can easily see what's happening with all their neighboring spotter's nests.  It really forces you to keep your game more on the ground where you can find a hiding spot when things heat up.

Trying to make an escape over the rooftops only tends to alert more guards and widen the area they are searching once even one of them catches a glimpse of you.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru on March 26, 2013, 04:51:05 PM
Trying to make an escape over the rooftops only tends to alert more guards and widen the area they are searching once even one of them catches a glimpse of you.

I love running the rooftops to escape the guards.  I just finished the mission in AC:B where you obtain the Apple of Eden and need to escape the Vatican.  I used the rooftops to great effect.

JRD

Quote from: mandru on March 26, 2013, 04:51:05 PM
Yeah, the cities in AC3 instead of having single patrolling enemies on the rooftops there's tightly packed squads tightly spaced so that one observation post can easily see what's happening with all their neighboring spotter's nests.  It really forces you to keep your game more on the ground where you can find a hiding spot when things heat up.

Not only that but since the streets are wider and connections between both sides are not so present as in previous games, running through rooftops is not nearly as satisfying as in Italy or Middle East, even when you are not being chased.

The tunnels were also so boring I didn't bother trying to find my way through them and lock pick or solve puzzles to open the exit. Why didn't they give me the option to pick the locks from the outside??
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳